The Sopranos, Season 6 - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #121
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i thought the bar was in NYC? why would Vito go to a bar in NJ where he could so easily get caught ... and weren't they members of Johnny Sack's crew who saw him?

but point well taken about NJ.

(would it be awful if i said that i may or may not have seen a Bon Jovi concern with a bunch of English chicks in a big muddy field in Belgium?)
Oh, were they in NYC? I don't know. I was just being an idiot.

And admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in Belgium isn't any worse than admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in NY. Luckily, I was so f'd up I have no memories of the event, just a ticket a stub and a freind that "sorta" remembers. Thank God for drugs, man.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #122
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I may or may not have done that before.... and free drinks may or may not have been involved.
That's fine. I won't judge you...less than 7 anyway. Just making the effort gets you a 7. But that doesn't mean you can't try for a 10. GO FOR IT!

Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #123
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver

That's fine. I won't judge you...less than 7 anyway. Just making the effort gets you a 7. But that doesn't mean you can't try for a 10. GO FOR IT!

Old 04-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:

Sorta. Finn saw him going down on a security guard (techinically I gues Vito was coming up). after that, Vito has always sorta been "freindly" to Finn, and Finn gets very uncomfortable around him.
that's right
thanks

Vito is intiminating Finn

Finn knows if he says anything Finn will whack him

Vito is using this shared secret as a way to manipulate and control Finn
Old 04-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
it seems as if we're led to believe that Vito killed himself, but that seems a little bit too easy, and there's nothing to make me think that Vito is that depressed -- though he did mention suicide as a way out of the closet in the first episode of the season.

most likely

Vito checked in and checked out

being in the Mafia and gay (openly) is not possible

Vito either

1. killed himself
2. went witness protection
or
3. got way out of town, that is out of the country

1 or 2 is what happened.

He knows the other hoods will out him.

You may remember that there was an episode where Junior had a girlfriend
and she blabbed that he went down on her

Junior about lost it
because that would have labeled him a pussy.

So there really is no way for a man to be gay in this group.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #126
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

You may remember that there was an episode where Junior had a girlfriend
and she blabbed that he went down on her

Junior about lost it
because that would have labeled him a pussy.

he smashed a pie in her face.

ah, the great moments of Season 1 ...
Old 04-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Oh, were they in NYC? I don't know. I was just being an idiot.

And admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in Belgium isn't any worse than admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in NY. Luckily, I was so f'd up I have no memories of the event, just a ticket a stub and a freind that "sorta" remembers. Thank God for drugs, man.
I like Bon Jovi

Old 04-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2

I like Bon Jovi

i actually had fun (and, not coincidentally, the stage was a near-exact replica of the Bada-Bing)

it took me a bit to get into it -- they started out playing "one wild night," which was some crappy song that was popular in Belgium, and then they played "it's my life" which isn't disagreeable.

then Jon said something like, "let's really get it started," at which point there was a big dramatic pause, and then at an earsplitting decible, the following words blasted out the PA and into the very souls of the 50,000 sweaty Belgians (and me and the English chicks):

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!
DARLING,
YOU GIVE LOVE
A BAD NAME

after about 15 seconds, i started to laugh. uncontrollably. tears were streaming down my cheeks. i remembered sitting on the bus in 2nd grade with my A-Team lunchbox and massive cassette player complete with foam earphones listening to a cassette that the kid across the street had made for me from his older brother's album.

i thought it was "bad," at the time, so i remember keeping the volume low, so that the "bad" sounds wouldn't reach the ears of any suspecting parents or teachers.

(and i had no idea just what was going on at the beginning of "Social Disease" ... i think my next door neighbor said, "they're screwing," and i couldn't figure out what cabinet or shelving would make such a noise ... but then i was a kid who used to walk around singing "like a version, hey! touched for the very first time")

oh, the concert. yeah, it took me most of the rest of the song to stop laughing, and then, being rather ballsy, they brought out "living on a prayer." 4th song of the set. imagine U2 playing "streets" 4th song into the set.

good for them.

the fourth encore was "i'll be there for you" and we, the audience, were truly there for each other, hands aloft, some of them clasped, faces to the dreary northern european skies and it had just started pissing rain (it was, like, freaking july and barely 60 degrees out) and we sang our hearts out.

and i started to laugh. again.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #129
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:52 AM
good times
Old 04-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

i actually had fun (and, not coincidentally, the stage was a near-exact replica of the Bada-Bing)

it took me a bit to get into it -- they started out playing "one wild night," which was some crappy song that was popular in Belgium, and then they played "it's my life" which isn't disagreeable.

then Jon said something like, "let's really get it started," at which point there was a big dramatic pause, and then at an earsplitting decible, the following words blasted out the PA and into the very souls of the 50,000 sweaty Belgians (and me and the English chicks):

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!
DARLING,
YOU GIVE LOVE
A BAD NAME

after about 15 seconds, i started to laugh. uncontrollably. tears were streaming down my cheeks. i remembered sitting on the bus in 2nd grade with my A-Team lunchbox and massive cassette player complete with foam earphones listening to a cassette that the kid across the street had made for me from his older brother's album.

i thought it was "bad," at the time, so i remember keeping the volume low, so that the "bad" sounds wouldn't reach the ears of any suspecting parents or teachers.

(and i had no idea just what was going on at the beginning of "Social Disease" ... i think my next door neighbor said, "they're screwing," and i couldn't figure out what cabinet or shelving would make such a noise ... but then i was a kid who used to walk around singing "like a version, hey! touched for the very first time")

oh, the concert. yeah, it took me most of the rest of the song to stop laughing, and then, being rather ballsy, they brought out "living on a prayer." 4th song of the set. imagine U2 playing "streets" 4th song into the set.

good for them.

the fourth encore was "i'll be there for you" and we, the audience, were truly there for each other, hands aloft, some of them clasped, faces to the dreary northern european skies and it had just started pissing rain (it was, like, freaking july and barely 60 degrees out) and we sang our hearts out.

Aaah the 80s.......But I still like Bon Jovi
Old 04-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #131
Blue Crack Distributor

it's bad medicine!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!
DARLING,
YOU GIVE LOVE
A BAD NAME

good for them.

I had a similar experience at a bad outdoor concert in the rain and mud in Copenhagen. I can't even remember who it was... David Sanborn maybe? Or some similar jazzy guy. It was happening, it was free, I was there, so wtf. But then somebody passed me a joint and suddenly it may as well have been Miles Davis.

I fell asleep during the Sopranos both Sunday and last night. You'd think that getting up and dancing during the opening song (which I do religiously) would at least guarantee that I stay awake for the show. I'll try again tonight.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #133
ONE
love, blood, life

Tonight
Old 04-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #134
Refugee

Local Time: 09:52 AM
the previews look good, can't wait
Old 04-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #135
Blue Crack Supplier

great, great episode. aside from the first episode, this was the best one yet.

more tomorrow, but it was the Sopranos at it's best -- the hour unfolded slowly but relentlessly and what seems to be simple turns out to be complex, evidenced in the Melfi scene when Tony talks about how guys get a "pass" when they are in jail, and then when Meadow and Finn had their argument at the end.

i hope it works out for Vito, and i was thrilled that Tony decided not to kill him, though it makes me wonder if this might not be read as part of the "feminization" of Tony Soprano, like Johnny Sack crying at his daughter's wedding, and that Vito might only be safe for only so long. still, as it stands, this crew desperately needs Tony; thuggish and evil as he is, he's still the smartest, most reflective, most practical man in the room (not that there's particularly stiff competition).

and hasn't Christopher grown in stature and menace and leadership abilities.