The Sopranos, Season 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

i thought the bar was in NYC? why would Vito go to a bar in NJ where he could so easily get caught ... and weren't they members of Johnny Sack's crew who saw him?

but point well taken about NJ.

(would it be awful if i said that i may or may not have seen a Bon Jovi concern with a bunch of English chicks in a big muddy field in Belgium?)

Oh, were they in NYC? I don't know. I was just being an idiot.

And admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in Belgium isn't any worse than admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in NY. Luckily, I was so f'd up I have no memories of the event, just a ticket a stub and a freind that "sorta" remembers. Thank God for drugs, man.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:lmao:

I may or may not have done that before.... and free drinks may or may not have been involved. :angel:

That's fine. I won't judge you...less than 7 anyway. Just making the effort gets you a 7. But that doesn't mean you can't try for a 10. GO FOR IT!

UberBeaver said:

Sorta. Finn saw him going down on a security guard (techinically I gues Vito was coming up). after that, Vito has always sorta been "freindly" to Finn, and Finn gets very uncomfortable around him.

that's right
thanks

Vito is intiminating Finn

Finn knows if he says anything Finn will whack him

Vito is using this shared secret as a way to manipulate and control Finn

Irvine511 said:
it seems as if we're led to believe that Vito killed himself, but that seems a little bit too easy, and there's nothing to make me think that Vito is that depressed -- though he did mention suicide as a way out of the closet in the first episode of the season.

most likely

Vito checked in and checked out

being in the Mafia and gay (openly) is not possible

Vito either

1. killed himself
2. went witness protection
or
3. got way out of town, that is out of the country

1 or 2 is what happened.

He knows the other hoods will out him.

You may remember that there was an episode where Junior had a girlfriend
and she blabbed that he went down on her

Junior about lost it
because that would have labeled him a pussy.

So there really is no way for a man to be gay in this group.

deep said:

You may remember that there was an episode where Junior had a girlfriend
and she blabbed that he went down on her

Junior about lost it
because that would have labeled him a pussy.

he smashed a pie in her face.

ah, the great moments of Season 1 ...

UberBeaver said:

Oh, were they in NYC? I don't know. I was just being an idiot.

And admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in Belgium isn't any worse than admitting to seeing Bon Jovi in NY. Luckily, I was so f'd up I have no memories of the event, just a ticket a stub and a freind that "sorta" remembers. Thank God for drugs, man.

I like Bon Jovi :madwife:

:wink:

one4u2 said:

I like Bon Jovi :madwife:

i actually had fun (and, not coincidentally, the stage was a near-exact replica of the Bada-Bing)

it took me a bit to get into it -- they started out playing "one wild night," which was some crappy song that was popular in Belgium, and then they played "it's my life" which isn't disagreeable.

then Jon said something like, "let's really get it started," at which point there was a big dramatic pause, and then at an earsplitting decible, the following words blasted out the PA and into the very souls of the 50,000 sweaty Belgians (and me and the English chicks):

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!
DARLING,
YOU GIVE LOVE
A BAD NAME

after about 15 seconds, i started to laugh. uncontrollably. tears were streaming down my cheeks. i remembered sitting on the bus in 2nd grade with my A-Team lunchbox and massive cassette player complete with foam earphones listening to a cassette that the kid across the street had made for me from his older brother's album.

i thought it was "bad," at the time, so i remember keeping the volume low, so that the "bad" sounds wouldn't reach the ears of any suspecting parents or teachers.

(and i had no idea just what was going on at the beginning of "Social Disease" ... i think my next door neighbor said, "they're screwing," and i couldn't figure out what cabinet or shelving would make such a noise ... but then i was a kid who used to walk around singing "like a version, hey! touched for the very first time")

oh, the concert. yeah, it took me most of the rest of the song to stop laughing, and then, being rather ballsy, they brought out "living on a prayer." 4th song of the set. imagine U2 playing "streets" 4th song into the set.

good for them.

the fourth encore was "i'll be there for you" and we, the audience, were truly there for each other, hands aloft, some of them clasped, faces to the dreary northern european skies and it had just started pissing rain (it was, like, freaking july and barely 60 degrees out) and we sang our hearts out.

and i started to laugh. again.

Irvine511 said:

i actually had fun (and, not coincidentally, the stage was a near-exact replica of the Bada-Bing)

it took me a bit to get into it -- they started out playing "one wild night," which was some crappy song that was popular in Belgium, and then they played "it's my life" which isn't disagreeable.

then Jon said something like, "let's really get it started," at which point there was a big dramatic pause, and then at an earsplitting decible, the following words blasted out the PA and into the very souls of the 50,000 sweaty Belgians (and me and the English chicks):

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!
DARLING,
YOU GIVE LOVE
A BAD NAME

after about 15 seconds, i started to laugh. uncontrollably. tears were streaming down my cheeks. i remembered sitting on the bus in 2nd grade with my A-Team lunchbox and massive cassette player complete with foam earphones listening to a cassette that the kid across the street had made for me from his older brother's album.

i thought it was "bad," at the time, so i remember keeping the volume low, so that the "bad" sounds wouldn't reach the ears of any suspecting parents or teachers.

(and i had no idea just what was going on at the beginning of "Social Disease" ... i think my next door neighbor said, "they're screwing," and i couldn't figure out what cabinet or shelving would make such a noise ... but then i was a kid who used to walk around singing "like a version, hey! touched for the very first time")

oh, the concert. yeah, it took me most of the rest of the song to stop laughing, and then, being rather ballsy, they brought out "living on a prayer." 4th song of the set. imagine U2 playing "streets" 4th song into the set.

good for them.

the fourth encore was "i'll be there for you" and we, the audience, were truly there for each other, hands aloft, some of them clasped, faces to the dreary northern european skies and it had just started pissing rain (it was, like, freaking july and barely 60 degrees out) and we sang our hearts out.

:lol: Aaah the 80s.......But I still like Bon Jovi :mad:

Irvine511 said:

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!
DARLING,
YOU GIVE LOVE
A BAD NAME

good for them.

:lmao: I had a similar experience at a bad outdoor concert in the rain and mud in Copenhagen. I can't even remember who it was... David Sanborn maybe? Or some similar jazzy guy. It was happening, it was free, I was there, so wtf. But then somebody passed me a joint and suddenly it may as well have been Miles Davis.

I fell asleep during the Sopranos both Sunday and last night. :angry: You'd think that getting up and dancing during the opening song (which I do religiously) would at least guarantee that I stay awake for the show. I'll try again tonight.

great, great episode. aside from the first episode, this was the best one yet.

more tomorrow, but it was the Sopranos at it's best -- the hour unfolded slowly but relentlessly and what seems to be simple turns out to be complex, evidenced in the Melfi scene when Tony talks about how guys get a "pass" when they are in jail, and then when Meadow and Finn had their argument at the end.

i hope it works out for Vito, and i was thrilled that Tony decided not to kill him, though it makes me wonder if this might not be read as part of the "feminization" of Tony Soprano, like Johnny Sack crying at his daughter's wedding, and that Vito might only be safe for only so long. still, as it stands, this crew desperately needs Tony; thuggish and evil as he is, he's still the smartest, most reflective, most practical man in the room (not that there's particularly stiff competition).

and hasn't Christopher grown in stature and menace and leadership abilities.

Great Episode! I think either Vito kills himself, gets killed or lives a new life in this little town he's found! I actually felt very sorry for him.

BAW noticed the sadness in Vito's eye when he looked at the New Hampshire license plate that read "Live Free or Die"...

I think Vito has found a temporary place in that antique shop (Wink, Wink)...and the salesman....he'll be around for a while, I suspect.....

Mr. BAW said:
BAW noticed the sadness in Vito's eye when he looked at the New Hampshire license plate that read "Live Free or Die"...

I think Vito has found a temporary place in that antique shop (Wink, Wink)...and the salesman....he'll be around for a while, I suspect.....

:yes: :lol:

Yeah, "Live free or die" was a very nice touch. :up:

I really enjoyed this episode. I love how they are exploring political and legal issues through Meadow's character and gay issues with Vito's character.

i also enjoyed the Very Meta Moment -- when Tony was complaining about how on "every TV show" there is a gay character. i also loved how he fell back on religion, how he was Catholic and it was a sin. and then when the women got upset and hoped that Vito's wife should be tested. and all the while, their straight husbands have their goomah's and their Russian "whores" and the not-gay man-on-man action found in jails across the country. as if Vito is at more risk for disease ...

Tony is also becoming more sympathetic to me, does anyone else feel that way? especially how he meted out the upcoming whacking to the Italians?

Irvine511 said:
great, great episode. aside from the first episode, this was the best one yet.

I agree. I was getting bored with this season but last night I remembered why I was hanging in there with it. Awesome episode. :applaud: Bonus points for closing the show with X's "Fourth of July." :drool:

Irvine511 said:
Tony is also becoming more sympathetic to me, does anyone else feel that way? especially how he meted out the upcoming whacking to the Italians?
Yes, definitely.

Even Vito's character is sympathetic to me now. I used to hate him for how creepy he was towards Finn but I really felt sorry for him when he kissed his children goodbye and left his home in this episode.

Calluna said:

Yes, definitely.

Even Vito's character is sympathetic to me now. I used to hate him for how creepy he was towards Finn but I really felt sorry for him when he kissed his children goodbye and left his home in this episode.

true. and he was the one who killed Jackie Jr. at the end of Season 3.

the title of the episode was "Live Free or Die" -- though any New Englander will tell you that Vermont is a better place to be gay than New Hampshire, that state having civil unions and all ...

but does anyone think that, even though Tony didn't want Vito killed, that someone else may do it on their own if they find Vito? :shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I finally got to see this one last night. It was a very good episode, and I did feel quite bad for Vito. Just seeing him put the picture in his bag before leaving broke my heart.

I can't wait for next week's episode. :hyper:

I've gone from hating Vito to feeling to feeling really sorry for him. I just know that he's going to be on the verge of finding some kind of happiness when they finally get him. And I agree with Irvine that it will probably be Phil.

I see him starting a relationship with a man and/or finding a fullfilling job at the antique store, kidding himself into thinking he's in the clear and boom, it's over before he had a chance to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom