The Sopranos, Season 6 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
 
Doozer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Setting up house on Scooter's Star
Posts: 20,218
Local Time: 02:28 AM
i watched it for the first time.


remind to never watch it before bed again
__________________

Doozer61 is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #47
Refugee
 
Westport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 2,151
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
I thought the shock ending was kind of cheap.

Well...we know what's NOT going to happen.
__________________

Westport is offline  
Old 03-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,892
Local Time: 06:28 AM
my theory, after having just watched it again: Tony will, obviously, survive. however, i noticed that the scene with Tony crawling to the phone is interrupted by the scene in the parking lot between Carmela and Big Pussy's widow where Carmela seems surprised that she was able to buy a Corvette on her own whereas Carmela can only get whatever Tony gives her. without Tony, Carmela is nothing. Tony's shooting will freak her out, and Carmela will go into survival road as this shooting will force her to face the possibility (inevitability?) of life-after-Tony -- she's going to start thinking about her own survival. and she's going to start plotting. not necessarily against Tony, but aside and apart from him.

and so will everyone else. the realilty of his demise, the exposing of his vulnerability is going to spread through the ranks, and we may have munities, of all sorts, on our hands very soon.

instead of a gang war, we're going to have civil war.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,852
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Lila64 is offline  
Old 03-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict
 
Doozer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Setting up house on Scooter's Star
Posts: 20,218
Local Time: 02:28 AM
i just ordered the first season from netflix.
Doozer61 is offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 09:41 AM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
my theory, after having just watched it again: Tony will, obviously, survive. however, i noticed that the scene with Tony crawling to the phone is interrupted by the scene in the parking lot between Carmela and Big Pussy's widow where Carmela seems surprised that she was able to buy a Corvette on her own whereas Carmela can only get whatever Tony gives her. without Tony, Carmela is nothing. Tony's shooting will freak her out, and Carmela will go into survival road as this shooting will force her to face the possibility (inevitability?) of life-after-Tony -- she's going to start thinking about her own survival. and she's going to start plotting. not necessarily against Tony, but aside and apart from him.

and so will everyone else. the realilty of his demise, the exposing of his vulnerability is going to spread through the ranks, and we may have munities, of all sorts, on our hands very soon.

instead of a gang war, we're going to have civil war.

Very interesting...

I think Carmela's been wanting to "break free" for awhile now, but this will scare her enough to where she's finally forced to do it. About time.

I want to watch it with Irvine next week.

And yay Doozer!
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,892
Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I want to watch it with Irvine next week.


that would be fun ... though you being in Detroit and i in DC does make things a little bit difficult. perhaps we could both resolve to enjoy a bottle of Chianti while watching on Sunday?

i'd say we could live blog the episode, but since each episode requries my utmost concentration, if not assiduous note-taking, and i turn off my cell phone and remind the boyfriend that he's not allowed to speak to me for the next 57 minutes, i don't think i could do that.

still, live blogging the Grammies with Headache was tremendously fun ...

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




that would be fun ... though you being in Detroit and i in DC does make things a little bit difficult. perhaps we could both resolve to enjoy a bottle of Chianti while watching on Sunday?

i'd say we could live blog the episode, but since each episode requries my utmost concentration, if not assiduous note-taking, and i turn off my cell phone and remind the boyfriend that he's not allowed to speak to me for the next 57 minutes, i don't think i could do that.

still, live blogging the Grammies with Headache was tremendously fun ...


Can you just imagine if Headache was a Sopranos fan? Dear lord...

Chianti it is, Irvine.
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,618
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
^ very funny

can't wait to watch it again on ... wednesday is it?

going to try and see every episode twice this season.

'cause i'm a gigantic nerd.
I also watch every episode twice.

Now I remember why I didn't cancel HBO after the last episode of Six Feet Under.

Great first episode.

joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,892
Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel



Can you just imagine if Headache was a Sopranos fan? Dear lord...

it'd be fun.

but i'd bet he'd just hit on me again. like he did Grammies night.

when will the straight men learn? i am already spoken for.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #56
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 05:28 AM
I must've missed that...
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,892
Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61
i just ordered the first season from netflix.




the first season is genius.

the New York Times called it the greatest work of popular culture of the past quarter century.

i'm inclined to agree.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 05:28 AM
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511






the first season is genius.

the New York Times called it the greatest work of popular culture of the past quarter century.

i'm inclined to agree.

I have yet to see the first season my friend is on me to rent it! I must see it!

and tonight
one4u2 is offline  
Old 03-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,892
Local Time: 06:28 AM
intense.

need time to digest.

Edie Falco continues to amaze.

AJ is going to be a problem, already they're creating the parallels between him and Jackie Jr.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com