The "Somewhat Premature" 2010 AFL Thread that is likely to remain awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They announced today the draw... St Kilda and Geelong only play each other once, figure that one out :scratch: and Round 22 will remain a mystery until... Round 22.

Nothing wrong with membership, it's just you won't know until later as to when the opening bounce will be.....you'll still go to the game

We're playing Freo at Subiaco. The past three years our season openers have been away. :grumpy:

I'm more worried about the fact that the AFL has seen fit to give the first 80 draft picks to "Team GWS" and also allowed them to poach ten players from all the other clubs :grumpy:

Meanwhile Demetrypoo says "never say never" regarding the 19th and 20th licenses, with Tasmania and Far North Qld/WA chances.

... and there is no worse football journalist in the country than Michaelangelo Rucci.

I think Rucci hate is very much an Adelaide thing, probably because of overexposure (we really do need another daily paper), his Power bias and at times, inaccurate information.

I like what it says on his bio at AdelaideNow though: "Determined to prove those born in the Port Adelaide district could read and write...".

I think Rucci hate is very much an Adelaide thing, probably because of overexposure (we really do need another daily paper), his Power bias and at times, inaccurate information.

I like what it says on his bio at AdelaideNow though: "Determined to prove those born in the Port Adelaide district could read and write...".

EXACTLY!!!

He started rumours that Taylor Walker should go to GWS, yeah like that's destined to happen ... :rolleyes:

You know what I thought was terrible journalism? During trade week when the Burgoyne>Hawthorn talks were breaking down the journos here (Jon Ralph) in particular savagely attacked Port. Saying the coach isn't on board, he doesn't support his captain, that the place is a shithole and why would anyone want to go there.

You know what I thought was terrible journalism? During trade week when the Burgoyne>Hawthorn talks were breaking down the journos here (Jon Ralph) in particular savagely attacked Port. Saying the coach isn't on board, he doesn't support his captain, that the place is a shithole and why would anyone want to go there.

Except that all of this is actually true, it is a shithole. They all like to tell us that they're "Living the Creed", I find that funny.

The two players traded to Port (one being a proven dud [Jay Schultz] and another likely one [Jay Nash])

They probably expect the former to kick 30+ goals for them next season.

Except that all of this is actually true, it is a shithole. They all like to tell us that they're "Living the Creed", I find that funny.

That place really IS a shithole, though. I can't believe how little work is being done there. I mean, it's a ghost-town, it's like they don't give a shit. Outside of a microbrewery pub and a good Greek restaurant, there's really no reason to go to Port, unless you really feel the need to live some creed. If they tidied up that place a bit more, I reckon it would help the Power garner up a lot more fans, even if only in SA.

That place really IS a shithole, though. I can't believe how little work is being done there. I mean, it's a ghost-town, it's like they don't give a shit. Outside of a microbrewery pub and a good Greek restaurant, there's really no reason to go to Port, unless you really feel the need to live some creed. If they tidied up that place a bit more, I reckon it would help the Power garner up a lot more fans, even if only in SA.

They're situated at Alberton, hardly an amazing suburb. I laugh at the fact that Port supporters think they can have a go at the Crows'. :lol:

what do we all make of this wayne carey business by the way?

i haven't read the book and probably won't, but i reckon he's probably taken some serious liberties with some of his stories.

that said, it shouldn't take away from the fact that he was an amazing player, and i really hope he can turn his life around.

I thought Adelaide was so small that there isn't really much difference from town to town, it's all the same. Adelaide is Adelaide, be it a shithole or not. I don't know, I haven't really been there much.

Melbourne 3 - 1 Pissant Town :up:

I thought Adelaide was so small that there isn't really much difference from town to town, it's all the same. Adelaide is Adelaide, be it a shithole or not. I don't know, I haven't really been there much.

If you haven't been there then why judge?

I'm not bagging, I'm just saying. I've only been through it once, and people who have been there have always given the impression that it's REALLY small; like it being just one big town rather than a city. With that in mind, I wouldn;t have imagined there being much variation of culture across the city.

I'm not bagging, I'm just saying. I've only been through it once, and people who have been there have always given the impression that it's REALLY small; like it being just one big town rather than a city. With that in mind, I wouldn;t have imagined there being much variation of culture across the city.

It may have a smaller population than Melbourne, but it's still a city of over one million people and is well spread out over differently unique geographic regions. Go to Salisbury, then Reynella, then West Lakes, then Burnside, then Hindmarsh, then North Adelaide and so forth... the sides of town are very unique, as they are in any city. Basically, when you're from Melbourne, most cities are going to look small in comparison. The "country town" moniker that some Adelaideans and non-Adelaideans frustrates me to no end, and unfortunately a lot of our government takes in that view. If you want to live in a country town, fucking move to the goddamn country. I came here to get away from that bullshit lifestyle, and it annoys me. So yeah, that's not your fault or anything, just I get riled up pretty easily about the rad, sad and bad city.

I will give you that the Victory have the wood on us, though!

As for the Carey book, thinking of buying it tomorrow. Got me hook, line and sinker, I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

i will say that i chuckled heartily when i think our premier john brumby called your state a backwater.

i've never been, but i sure as hell would like to. dad's always talked about the drive, etc.

Lots of places to go in South Australia; Glenelg, Barossa Valley, Murray River etc. ...

Back
Top Bottom