The "Somewhat Premature" 2010 AFL Thread that is likely to remain awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bah, anyone can win except the Dogs and Hawks.

I don't think it'll be that close. I don't really rate Richmond. They beat Geelongs reserves in a praccy match. But hey, I'll let them prove me wrong, and I'll eat my words!

I'm really looking forward to see how we go against the Doggies in Round 1, cause I know they (the dogs) will be up for it. And its at our cursed venue, Telstra Dome!

i think it'll be closer than you think.

i know you can't read into pre-season, but with a near full-strength side (incl Judd) they lost to the Crows. Judd's out for three remember.

but then again maybe Richmond just touch my heart. i'll miss Richo, and will forever curse Cooney for taking the Brownlow away from him in 08.

this fixture is fucked.

here's hoping should we not win it this year, the Dogs do. :)

Do you know how many we had out? :laugh:

Oh wait, you're undermining Carlton.

:wink:

:reject:

Bah, anyone can win except the Dogs and Hawks.

I don't think it'll be that close. I don't really rate Richmond. They beat Geelongs reserves in a praccy match. But hey, I'll let them prove me wrong, and I'll eat my words!

I'm really looking forward to see how we go against the Doggies in Round 1, cause I know they (the dogs) will be up for it. And its at our cursed venue, Telstra Dome!

That's a massive test for the Pies coming up. Who'll handle the pressure the better? :hyper:

And we have Freo at Subi. :|

I Predict the Dogs by about 6 Goals. but who really knows? If it was at the G, I'd rate our chances. but we have 4 games at the Dome this year, and just looking in from this early on in the season, can only see us winning one!

So what will happen when GC and WS hit the competition. Will we have a top 10 finals system? :hmm:

This time you can lose more than you win and still have a crack in September. :happy:

At one time during the latter stage of the season Port were 8th with something like 8 wins and 12 losses.

Doesn't surprise me if you look back 5 years to the first game of the AFL season. I'm sure that we all know what happened there.

i was about to say. he's got to be the most mentally soft footballer since....?

I can't really name anyone of note to be that mentally soft.

Here's the round 1 2005 thing I was talking about.
op_riewoldt_wideweb__430x319,1.jpg

Even my mum thinks he's a wuss.

I was trying to justify the counselling through seeing things as he would have... best team in the H&A season, captain for a club with a history of about 99% suck looking to get just its second premiership, falling so short in the last minutes of the final quarter... and all the same, it still seems like taking things a bit too far. Maybe he needs another hobby. Other than ballet.

Is it wrong to feel even a bit of sympathy for him and his sensitivity?

i was about to say. he's got to be the most mentally soft footballer since....?

that's a bit of a stretch mate. i totally sympathised with that story. there is no way in hell that after putting in all the effort for over a year, having the expectations of thousands on your shoulders, and losing by a kick, that you could just suck it up and move on.

heartbreaking would be to understate the emotion severely i reckon.

Sorry Danny. I hope you like my latest project anyway.

NICK REIWOLDT #12

I think Nick's a fantastic footballer, very courageous, great mark and so forth. But it's easy to have a go on him for being a sook (at least compared to the tough-as-nails players from back in the day). Nothing in it, just having fun.

Hopefully Nick Nat will prove his loyalty to the Eagles just as Kurt Tippett did to us.

Haha, we're almost halfway through the thread and the season proper hasn't even started yet.

Back
Top Bottom