The "Somewhat Premature" 2010 AFL Thread that is likely to remain awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My brother saw Mick Molloy in a pub last week, was going to go up and talk to him but didn't know what to say - hey, you were good 10 years ago doesn't really cut it.

The Footy Show > > > > > > > Auschwitz > Before the Game.

Jurrah: He went to Elizabeth, what did he expect?

My brother saw Mick Molloy in a pub last week, was going to go up and talk to him but didn't know what to say - hey, you were good 10 years ago doesn't really cut it.

The Footy Show > > > > > > > Auschwitz > Before the Game.

Jurrah: He went to Elizabeth, what did he expect?

i was going to use the exact same figure, but i did enjoy Crackerjack and Bad Eggs. so two bright spots in ten years.

:love:!

Footy Show tonight! :hyper:

Does Channel 7's show thats gonna attact attention for a few weeks and die in the ass when its moved to AFTER 30 Rock On A Monday night start tonight also?

Footy Show tonight! :hyper:

Does Channel 7's show thats gonna attact attention for a few weeks and die in the ass when its moved to AFTER 30 Rock On A Monday night start tonight also?

i'm not sure when that's on, but i don't think it'll die in the ass that quickly (though i hope it does) because just like the last 17 years people will start hanging shit on The Footy Show and how it's not funny, doesn't know whether it wants to be serious or entertaining (umm, it's a fucking mix, it's been that way for 17 years, if you haven't figured that out yet), and how Sam Newman is an "idiot" just because he opened his mouth and critics don't listen to him.

i'm not sure when that's on, but i don't think it'll die in the ass that quickly (though i hope it does) because just like the last 17 years people will start hanging shit on The Footy Show and how it's not funny, doesn't know whether it wants to be serious or entertaining (umm, it's a fucking mix, it's been that way for 17 years, if you haven't figured that out yet), and how Sam Newman is an "idiot" just because he opened his mouth and critics don't listen to him.

It'll probably start the week before the season starts. I hope the footy show kicks on. Last night was pretty entertaining. Again, I cannot STAND when Hutchy and now that new bloke comes on. Hutchy is like the kid that got picked on at school, and nobody likes him. I certainly can't stand the bastard!

The Fev phone was great, the Judd Bar (Brayshaw cracked a funny about Gary getting A Judd bar in the commentary box! :gold:) It was good to have the footy show back!

that it was -- i can't stand hutchy either, though i don't mind Damo -- especially when Sam and JB shook Juddy's hand, and then Sam goes, "don't get up Garry, I have a feeling you can't" :lol:

because i'm tied to the 90's and stuck in the past, 4 Quarters w/Tim Watson and sponsored by those Hot Pocket snack foods where the guy wasbouncin around with his pants on fire cause he put the hot pocket food in his pocket, will always be my fave Afl show...

because i'm tied to the 90's and stuck in the past, 4 Quarters w/Tim Watson and sponsored by those Hot Pocket snack foods where the guy wasbouncin around with his pants on fire cause he put the hot pocket food in his pocket, will always be my fave Afl show...

i'd pay exorbitant amounts of money for a dvd box set of The Club... go the hammerheads.

where have you been lately?

ahhh hammerheads, i still would have preferred Phil Cleary as president over Kekovich...

just have been real busy mate...relocating, , blowing money, going out, rebranding myself, becoming lovestruck, all very time consuming stuff...

Did ya miss me??? :wink: What's been happenin around ére?

Hey inte, glad to hear that you've fallen in love apparently. That's seriously great.

i was going to use the exact same figure, but i did enjoy Crackerjack and Bad Eggs. so two bright spots in ten years.

:love:!

Yeah, I like them too, but those aside. The car chase scene where Molloy and Franklin are (spoiler?) escaping from the exploding house in Bad Eggs is just hilarious.

thanks o Saddest o' Punks, don't know if it's love, could just be serious infatuation, and it is most probably and necessarily one-way, but it's been consuming, and its not over yet...but my gosh it's been a crazy summer....

Can't wait for the real season. I was actuallly at the Knabb Cup final last night, a truly atrocious event, which really needs to be put outof it's misery. So many people in attendance, but it seemed as if they felt obliged to be there, rather than truly caring about the result.

Predicted 2010 Ladder time:

Geelong
Footscray
St.Kilda
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Carlton
Essendon

Collingwood
Port Power
Richmond (this one's optimistic)
West Coast
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Sydney
Melbourne

Brownlow: S. Mitchell/C. Judd/B. Goddard/G. Ablett (4-way Brownlow tie: it will happen one day)

thanks o Saddest o' Punks, don't know if it's love, could just be serious infatuation, and it is most probably and necessarily one-way, but it's been consuming, and its not over yet...but my gosh it's been a crazy summer....

Can't wait for the real season. I was actuallly at the Knabb Cup final last night, a truly atrocious event, which really needs to be put outof it's misery. So many people in attendance, but it seemed as if they felt obliged to be there, rather than truly caring about the result.

Predicted 2010 Ladder time:

Geelong
Footscray
St.Kilda
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Carlton
Essendon

Collingwood
Port Power
Richmond (this one's optimistic)
West Coast
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Sydney
Melbourne

Brownlow: S. Mitchell/C. Judd/B. Goddard/G. Ablett (4-way Brownlow tie: it will happen one day)

As much as I despise Collingwood, I simply do not understand how they could miss the 8 and Carlton can make it.

But that's just me.

Oh, that's okay, all this time and I hadn't really known who you supported. :wink:

ahhh hammerheads, i still would have preferred Phil Cleary as president over Kekovich...

just have been real busy mate...relocating, , blowing money, going out, rebranding myself, becoming lovestruck, all very time consuming stuff...

Did ya miss me??? :wink: What's been happenin around ére?

yeah i think i voted for Cleary. out phone bill was huge at the time because i was ringing 10 times a week.

good to hear, give me some lessons :up: hope it works out well.

i have mate, of course. nothing interesting.

I'm just hopeful, and my bias does severely skewer my rationality

I thought you supported the blood stained angels? Though I tipped Collingwood ninth as well, even though I know they'll likely make the top four again.

Dogs don't face Cats until Round 20. Wow, fixture, thanks for sucking arse yet again.

Why is it that West Coast always seem to play the Lions in the first round? I swear, it's been like that countless times.

Any specific reason for this, Bonnie?

the first round usually features similar fixtures to past years. Richmond/Carlton per esempio.

the reason for that Bonnie is the AFL tries to "maximise" the attendance/tv figures etc. fucking garbarge and really spoils it for the fans.

i keep saying the sooner Demetriou and Anderfuck go the better.

First match of the year should a grand final rematch or something, but other than that it round one should just be random. I can see this years Tigers/Blues match being another blow out.

I still prefer the fixture when you used to play the first 6-7 teams twice and all the middle round teams only once. and the new stupid TBA on round 22. :banghead: Now its just all about getting in the money.

First match of the year should a grand final rematch or something, but other than that it round one should just be random. I can see this years Tigers/Blues match being another blow out.

I still prefer the fixture when you used to play the first 6-7 teams twice and all the middle round teams only once. and the new stupid TBA on round 22. :banghead: Now its just all about getting in the money.

But this time you can't tell which team will be on the receiving end. :happy:

i think it'll be closer than you think.

i know you can't read into pre-season, but with a near full-strength side (incl Judd) they lost to the Crows. Judd's out for three remember.

but then again maybe Richmond just touch my heart. i'll miss Richo, and will forever curse Cooney for taking the Brownlow away from him in 08.

this fixture is fucked.

here's hoping should we not win it this year, the Dogs do. :)

Back
Top Bottom