The Snow Patrol album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for asking about this! It's on my Amazon wishlist for Christmas, and I'd also like to know how it is! :)

Very good album, but I do think Run is the best song, well, it is my favorite song of the year, so hard to beat. The first half of the album is much more rock driven, but in a fuzzed out kind of way. Ok, I can't explain it at all, but very good album. You can usually find it pretty cheap at Best Buy ($10).

defenitely buy it! some of the best productions from this past year! And perhaps their finest to date...

...i'll see them at the Paradiso in a few weeks :hyper:

actually... i felt like a lot of their songs sound a lot different than run. i don't think run is representative of the most of the songs on the album. they're a bit rockier. but overalll ... it's a helluva cd

Listening to Final Straw is an experience. First off, musically, this band is moving forwards in all the right ways. Some tracks seem a tad processed with jingles but overall I would say The Patrol has major talent on this front.

My problem is with the lyrics. While not a hindrance to the album in many ways, the lyrics often take a turn for the simplistic high school scope of emotion. I guess not simplistic :wink: , but overdone. I do think they had some help in writing some of the more stand out tracks. Its not an AB or a JT but on the other hand its not a Pop Band.

I would recommend it. The first half of the album is fantastic. For me it falls apart alittle after the initial powerhouse opening wears off but still very good.

Buy it. Don't even hesitate.

Get it for How To Be Dead. Get it for Chocolate. Get it for Wow and Grazed Knees.

JUST GET IT.

superb album, Run,Chocolate, and Half The Fun, my favourite tracks at the moment, any group capable of producing a song of the sheer beauty & quality of Run, will have a long and successful career!

jimmmm said:
superb album, Run,Chocolate, and Half The Fun, my favourite tracks at the moment, any group capable of producing a song of the sheer beauty & quality of Run, will have a long and successful career!

"Half the Fun"-Is that a track? Not on Final Straw anyway!

I really really like "Chocolate", and "Run"... you all know, is a great song, and a great album.

Back
Top Bottom