The Smiths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabela

The Fly
So I've just recently gotten into the smiths the past year or so and I was wondering what everyones favorite smiths song is? I want to get a good collection of what people think are their best songs. Thanks!

That's weird, those are my three favorites, along with the boy with the thorn in his side

Cemetry Gates is great for the literary references alone. You can't go wrong with anything on The Queen is Dead, really. And I hate to sound so lame, but the singles collection is ace, too. The only real weakness is that there were so few singles from that album they can't be on the collection. The Best ofs are best to avoid, though.

I Know It's Over
Back to the Old House
Nowhere Fast
Asleep
There is a Light
etc
etc
etc

:drool:
The Smiths are amazing,
the way people put the Beatles or Pink Floyd on a pedestal
The Smiths are that for me,
while I like both beatles & floyd and understand their great significance to music,
they never really hit any personal nerve with me
the way the Smiths do

I can't even write about them, I don't know where to start, they had the simplicity in their sound yet such complex lyrics. It's all there.
There hasn't been another writer like Morrissey, and probably never will. He truly maintains his own territory.

"This Charming Man"

No doubt. One of my favorite songs ever.

"Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is another one.

Give me a song about depression and suicide and I'll eat it up.

elevation2u said:

There hasn't been another writer like Morrissey, and probably never will. He truly maintains his own territory.

:yes:

Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before
How Soon Is Now
The Queen Is Dead
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Frankly Mr Shankly

Can't decide on one....all I know is that The Queen Is Dead is the greatest album of all time

I Know It's Over is my absolute favourite of The Smiths songs that I've heard so far but there's a whole load of other songs of theirs that I love and adore too. I'm just too lazy to list them all!

The Queen is Dead. It's the The Smiths' "I Am the Resurrection". The song where everybody just lets loose, especially Johnny Marr.

And Morrissey's lyrics are, as usual, hilarious and very intelligent.

My favorite Smiths tracks:

Unloveable
This Charming Man
I Know It's Over

You can't really go wrong with any of their four proper albums. They are each brilliant in their own way, though The Queen Is Dead obviously stands out.

The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Asleep
The Queen Is Dead (from the live album "Rank") - this version kicks ass i tell thee

prob my fav 3 at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom