the single 'go ireland' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolhandlaura

Acrobat
So damn nervous....

we have our massive game tomorrow against the saudis, and im tellin ya, im already dead nervous! it was dead funny, the guy on RTE, tony o donoghue (i feel like i can call him tony now, ive been watchin him that much over the last while!) was just saying "so now, with under 24 hours to go..." and me heart leapt!!

So how do you all think we'll get on?especially want to know the opinions of the neutrals!!!!!

meanwhile, for all you irish that are football mad, heres a little prayer for ya to say in the morning

Our Mick.
Our Mick, who art in Japan,
Hallowed be thy team,
Thy World Cup come, thy will be won,
On grass as it is Japan,
Give us the pics, of our shay..(well thats just me!)
and forgive us our trespasses (ROY!!)
as we forgive those who try to defeat us,
and lead us not into the airport,
but deliver us from the saudis
AMEN!

ive also a version of the Hail Mary in case any of you want it!! It starts off "Hail Micky...."

any one else as nervous as me??:huh:

but doesn't cameroon need to defeat or tie germany to have a hope?
and if it is a tie, doesn't ireland need to score like 9 goals in a win?

nope, if germany OR cameroon win, all we need is a win of any kind.

If Its a draw, it means all three teams will be on top of the group(if ireland get their three points against the saudis). so we just need to beat the lower goal difference(Cameroons), and we're through. This means getting two goals.

So, in short, the maximum we need to get through is two goals, the minimum is a win, it all depends on the Germany-Cameroon match!!

Hope that cleared it up!:p

*has no clue*

But hey, I'm feeling just a mite proud of our American boys. Not bad for a soccer-sucky nation like ourselves. :D

so you should be sula, they playin great at the mo. that was a fantastic result against Portugal (and everone in europe used to think y'all were just into american football!)

I must congratulate who i think is your best player...Brad Friedel. He is actually a class goalie! did ya see the peno he saved today, yeah? it was GREAT!

I haven't gotten to watch the games because they're not on when I'm at home. :|

But I am still proud of our team. Football is becoming bigger and bigger...it just takes time. :up:

Oh, I like to be balanced and spend a little time in all the forums. ;)

Besides, the World Cup is special...like the Olympics, it only comes around every so often. :D

i know..its really weird the next time therel be a world cup ill be 20!! i mean that is fuckin weird!

sula, we are honoured with your presence *laura bows japanese style*

:p

sulawesigirl4 said:

But hey, I'm feeling just a mite proud of our American boys. Not bad for a soccer-sucky nation like ourselves. :D

they have played well so far though they would have been well done to not give up the late goal in game 2.

the way the chips are falling the american's might have a shot at going a little deeper than they have before.

if resources continue to be committed to soccer in the states i predict they win one of the next 5 world cups.

lol. happy 16th Birthday, btw, Laura! ;)

kobesan, d'ya really think so? we've got a bit of catching up to do.

over 20 years?
i think american's have a very real chance at becoming a world competitor and challenging for the world cup.

Hey coolhandlaura, I live in Canada and i'm from Ireland. I am part of a Irish Club. We have about 600 Irish members and we are all gonna be gathered tomorrow to watch the game at 5:30 in the moring. Do you have any other great prayers or songs that i could use??

Thanks!!!

A few supporters arriving at Laura's to watch the game and sing her Happy Birthday .

Attachments

• %3b%3c7%3c2%3a832323%7ego55%3enu%3d3234%3e9%3a3%3e4%3a8%3ewsnrcg%3d32323588%3c8%3a98nu0mrj.jpg
    %3b%3c7%3c2%3a832323%7ego55%3enu%3d3234%3e9%3a3%3e4%3a8%3ewsnrcg%3d32323588%3c8%3a98nu0mrj.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 39
LMAO!!!

BV and I are practically wrapped round each other cyberly,.......I cant breathe anymore!!!!

:D

Come on Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAYSUS WE SERIOUSLY NEED U2 PLAYIN FOOTIE ON THE PITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Prob Larry is down the pub downin a big bevvy wight nay!

mad1 said:
LMAO!!!

BV and I are practically wrapped round each other cyberly,.......I cant breathe anymore!!!!

Come on Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAYSUS WE SERIOUSLY NEED U2 PLAYIN FOOTIE ON THE PITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Prob Larry is down the pub downin a big bevvy wight nay!

lol *jigs wit maddie*

Its *so* nerve wracking.....

come on come on come on ye boys in green!!!!

anyway if they do nay get thru we can always par-taaaaay!!! :D

mad1 said:
COME ON IRELAND YA HOT STUDD MUFFINS WITH BIG HAIRY ASSES AND ROLEX WATCHES, GET ONE MORE GOAL IN AND BV AND I WILL COME DOWN AND CELEBRATE BY ROLLIN NAKED ALL OVER U LIKE STEAMENGINES OVER TANKS!

aaaaaabahahahhahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: Im cheering with the crowd *Keeeeanoo Keaaaaaanooooo Keeeeanooo*

Maddie you crack me up girlieee.......

Keeeeeeanooooooo Keaaaaanooooooo Ireland go Ireland come on yeeee boys in greeeeeeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaw do nay worry maddieee they r doing good and anyway they can always come back in 4 years timeand win the world cup then :D :D :D

N?l aon tint?an mar do thint?an f?in....Theres no place like home....they'll come back to ireland and then u2 will come and visit them and we can all go to Dublin and par-taaaay!

FOr feck sake.....LISTEN UP!

If anny Irish fanzios are readin this from Japan..my arse u are like!.....please multiply this clover into 100,000 million and tip them aaaaaaaaall over the pitch in the 2nd half - that should give them luck!!!!!

jumpingclover.gif

LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom