The Singapore International Film Festival - Pick things for me to watch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Yahoo, FilmFest time! Of course, I can barely watch half of these films because they're rated, but these are the few that sound interesting:

24 Hour Party People
The Miles Davis Story
How Harry Became A Tree
The Magdalene Sisters
Read My Lips (I saw it on video, actually)
Bowling For Columbine
An Injury To No One
Me Thao - There Once Was A Time When

The full list is here: http://www.filmfest.org.sg/az.shtml

Can you recommend anything?

I think you'd like 24 Hour Party People, and I really liked Bowling For Columbine as well. Haven't seen the others....

Adelaide International Film Festival is on this week too

meegannie said:
Ooh, I just saw City of God on there. I haven't seen it, but I'm dying to. I've heard it's VERY good.

I've got free tickets. :wave:

i've only seen bowling for columbine on that list, but it is excellent, you should see that

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. I'll definitely try and grab tickets to 24 Hour Party People and Bowling For Columbine (and if any of them turn out to be NC-16 I will, well, I can't do anything, dammit!).

i've heard good things about music in 24 hour party people, but i can't remember what. but it was from people with respectable taste in music...whatever that means

It's about Manchester's music scene in the 80s/90s. Joy Division, The Fall, Happy Mondays, New Order. I was (and still am) having a big Mancunian music love affair.

I too think you'd like 24 Hr Party Ppl & Bowling For Columbine. If you're into philosophy, Derrida is apparently a good film that focuses on the man's personal life while giving an overview of his ideas (nothing too heavy, just deconstructionism stuff). Talk To Her has been nominated for best foreign film at the oscars this year and the director is known for his quirky characters & storylines. For films in political contexts, My Camera Doesn't Lie looks interesting as well as Afghan Alphabet by Mohsen Makhmalbaf - this director has a liking for raw but gorgeous cinematography.

You are so lucky, yertle!

foray

Back
Top Bottom