The Simpsons Season 2 DVD on Amazon.co.uk (but not Amazon.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005UWTG/qid=1014673746/sr=1-1/ref=sr_sp_re/202-8605730-3662258

Seems odd that its being advertized (or should I say advertised) not on the US site, but only on the UK one. I heard a nasty rumor (or rumour
tongue.gif
) that they will only release the Region 2 DVDs , and not the Region 1 sets for a while because of the mad amount of money they make from syndication rights here. Anyways, I hope that isn't true, and that we get the sets here with some regularity.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I have Season One but I'm ready for Season Two. They better release it soon. Amazon UK has the release date as being June 17, 2002, which is still a few months away. So maybe Amazon just hasn't posted it yet.

------------------
Mess with any of my hoes and I'll cut you.
I likes the jewelery.
I got's to impress the bitches.
Got's to carry lots of cash to bail out the hoes.
- Pimbot 5000

You know, there are multi-region DVD players. However, with Region 2, make sure you have a way to convert the UK PAL format with the US NTSC format. Some are built in; others require external converters. You need both to be able to play Region 2 discs.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I hear that if you get a DVD-rom old enough, you can set the region code to 0, so you can play anything you want. But then, I guess you'd wanna connect it up to a TV so you don't have to watch movies on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom