The Simpsons Movie Hype Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but that damn pig .. what, he quit the movie?...

the people turns on the simpsons, damn pig pushes that boarad, and he dissapears...

like a friend said, the best thing would've been Homer eating the damn pig...

and why I havcen't heard anybody (church, goverment, whatever) complaint about the Police guys kiss?...
that was the more WTFLMAO moment ever...

that and Ralph... LONG LIVE RALPH WIGGUM!!! :bow:

The Spiderpig thing was mildly amusing, but I didn't find it nearly as funny as the rest of you did. :shrug:

corianderstem said:
The Spiderpig thing was mildly amusing, but I didn't find it nearly as funny as the rest of you did. :shrug:

Same...but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The delivery was great.

Any comments on the nekkid skateboard scene? I personally thought it was really quite hilarious and set up well. I watched the scene over on youtube, and it just didn't have the same sparkle. It's just something else being in a crowd of people (some quite prudish, I'm certain) and seeing a cartoon penis come out of nowhere. :lmao:

"But girls might see my doodle..." :lol:

Didn't notice this thread before....

My best friend and I walk around all day singing "Spider Pig, Spider Pig, Does whatever a spider pig does!" We love it :) We're planning on seeing the movie together sometime....do you all recommend it?

Well I just got back from seeing it, and it was good, and it did make me laugh, but it wasn't quite as funny as everyone said it was. I agree with the post above me (sorry I'm not even going to attempt that user name lol) that the genuinely funny parts were ruined because I'd seen them all on tv. Spider pig had me in stitches the first time I watched it.

It wasn't anything mindly-blowingly funny. The best part is that you're with a bunch of people watching like a really good simpsons episode. It's just really enjoyable

it's better than I expected, and "spider pig" is now a classical Simpsons moment

also, I like the "Recklessly Impulsive" song

Went to see it last night. I liked it and it made me laugh but not like, bellyaching pee myself funny. I loved the animation, it looked beautiful on the big screen. I love Spider Pig! :giggle:

I loved it!!! I think my expectations were so low from the cack they've been sending out on the show the last few years that I was expecting to not really laugh and be confused by all the weird shit going on.
In the end i became that annoying person who laughs too hard and can't stop and has to drink to stop laughing over some of the parts.

I think it was the best they could do really, I mean... this is not the same team writing those season 4 and up type episodes, this is a new game, and they brought it!

WOOOT! :D

its not leaking... its overfloooowing!

I saw it tonight with my girlfriend and there were about 8 other people in the theatre. It felt like I was watching a really great episode of the Simpsons with a bunch of people. We all laughed at the same things and it made it a better experience.

The Bono reference was funny.

I honestly didn't have my expectations too high.

I think it delivered though. So I wonder how the next season is going to play out and I wonder if they'll reference the movie in a funny way.

And yeah, the total disappearance of the pig did kind of seem odd.

Back
Top Bottom