'The Simpsons' appreciation thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D'oh!

War Child
c'mon people, this has to be one of the funniest shows in the history of television.
16 years and still going strong......
agreed it may be past the heydey of Season 4 but surely its still funnier than anything else on TV

Show ur love........

Hell yeah. I'm one of those freaks who incorporates 'oh, it's like in that Simpsons episode when.....' into conversation on a very regular basis, not to mention how much I quote it.
I watch it too much, but I never get bored of it, and I doubt I ever will.
My favourite bit is the episode where Marge becomes addicted to gambing and Lisa has a nightmare about a Bogeyman and goes downstairs to Homer, who completely freaks out about it - 'BART! I don't wanna alarm you, but I think there could be a bogeyman or bogeyman near by!'
:up:

Last edited:
beau2iful day, u r referring to the season 5 episode called $pringfield! I really am the ultimate SImpsons nerd.

For me the best thing about that episode was Mr. Burns. He is hilarious in that epsiode.

Its so hard to pick one favorite episode, but if i had to i would pick the one where Homer leads a strike at the Nuclear Plant, and Lisa needs to get braces.
Who can forget how long it took Homer to realize he would need to pay for Lisa's braces if he and his co-workers lost their Dental Plan. ('Lisa needs braces.......DENTAL PLAN!......Lisa needs braces.......DENTAL PLAN.........Lisa needs braces........DENTAL PLAN)

:bow: The Simpsons

Best ep. for me, is where Homer has to jump the gorge or whatever it is, on Barts skateboard.
When he's being bashed into the side of the cliff whilst being air-lifted, then slammed into the ambulance, which then crashes into the tree - causing the doors to fly open, and Homer to fall right back to the bottom again!!:lmao:

D'oh! said:
beau2iful day, u r referring to the season 5 episode called $pringfield! I really am the ultimate SImpsons nerd.

For me the best thing about that episode was Mr. Burns. He is hilarious in that epsiode.

fly my darlings , fly .......:wink:

Oh man...I'm like the biggest Simpsons fan ever. It's my favorite show of all time. Gotta say that the best one is the one that U2 was on. Haha...too many things in my mind to think of a good quote.

Simpsons.jpg

beau2ifulday said:
Hell yeah. I'm one of those freaks who incorporates 'oh, it's like in that Simpsons episode when.....' into conversation on a very regular basis,

me too:D

I got a Homer quote-a-day calendar the other year. It was great.

Yeah! :up: Simpsons.

I remember when I lived in the States, parents were constantly moaning about the Simpsons having an ill effect on childrens behaviour. :rolleyes: Then Beavis and Butthead, and South Park came along , which pleased the 'family values' bunch even more. :lol:

I'm fan since I had 8

it's a shame, new seasons have like 2 good episodes and the rest is lame

beau2ifulday said:
Hell yeah. I'm one of those freaks who incorporates 'oh, it's like in that Simpsons episode when.....' into conversation on a very regular basis, not to mention how much I quote it

:yes: me too!

one of my favourites: when homer tries to become a great inventor like thomas edison and he invents the make-up gun.

marge: homer, you have it set on 'whore'!
lisa: dad, women won't appreciate being shot in the face
homer: oh lisa, women will like what i tell them to like!

:laugh:

best episode ever: Secrets Of A Successful Marriage

"Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order. YOU'RE out of order! The whole freakin' system is out of order! You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown!" - Homer

"If he can teach a class, then HE can teach a class! I mean I can teach a class!" - Homer

:lmao:

I can watch that episode forever

The Halloween specials are the best!
My favorite ones are when Bart was a vampire, any show that had those aliens who laugh forever, and when Homer was trapped in the house saying "No beer and TV make Homer go something something"

Pearl said:
My favorite ones are when Bart was a vampire, any show that had those aliens who laugh forever, and when Homer was trapped in the house saying "No beer and TV make Homer go something something"

I also remember finding the 'THEY'RE DOGS! AND THEY'RE PLAYING.... POKER!' line really, really funny too. I'm just glad they don't keep them hidden until halloween. There was one on just the other day which I hadn't seen in a while (the one where Bart can read minds and turns Homer into a Jack in the Box).

I love in the whole Halloween special that starts with "the shinning", when WILLIE get's killed EVERY EPISODE WITH AN AXE ON THE BACK

that's hillarious!! :lmao:

Pearl said:

I like the ones where Bart raises the dead, leading to a zombie invasion in Springfield.

One of my favorite scenes is with Moe when they question him about killing Mr.Burns with a lie detector. Classic moment.

:lol:

Yay for the Simpsons, still the best show on TV. I have many favorite episodes but off the top of my head - the one where Homer joins the NRA, the U2/garbage man episode, marge vs. the monorail, King Size Homer, you only move twice, tomacco, hurricaine neddy, and the "is bart gay?" episode. Favorite character - ralph wiggum

Pearl said:
when Homer was trapped in the house saying "No beer and TV make Homer go something something"

marge: go crazy?
homer: don't mind if i do!
*craziness ensues*

" (looks into an oddly shaped mirror that makes him look tall and rectangular) I AM A ROBOT....DO AS I SAY!"

" (looks into an oddyly shaped mirror that makes him look short and squareish) I AM A WASHING MACHINE................DO AS I SAY!"

Originally posted by meegannie
"mmm...sacrilicious"

I like the "Run, Lola, Run" episode. :heart: Linguo :heart:

I never saw that episode! What was it about? RLR is one my favorite movies!

Lionel Hutz: Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal

Back
Top Bottom