The Sigur Ros rocks Louisville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Last night, amazing! Sigur Ros is truly one of the most talented, unique bands of our time and seeing them live met and exceeded my expectations.

The Brown Theatre was made up of a very young crowd, I was happy to see the future generation respect such a great act. Througout the show I was transfixed on everything going on on the stage. Drummer, piano, keyboards, a 4 piece mini orchestra, flute, lead guitar being played with vilolin stick, bass (one song was a drumstick playing the bass).

Exceptional, all around.

There were no words at this show, no thank yous, jsut respect. During one song the band and everyone in attendance froze for what I swear was at least 20 full seconds, nobody breathed. And then the song continued seamlessly.

At the end, after a long bow, theatre style by the musicians. The lights stayed dim and everyone expected the usual encore song or two. Everyone came back out by only for another bow, and that was it. Perfect.....:up:

I give the show a 5 out of 5 stars. If you ever get the chance to see Sigur Ros, do it!

I also bought Von and a Von remix cd...:up:

Simply amazing.......

Wow, sounds great.

Makes me want to listen to some Sigur Ros in honor of your experience.

I hope I'll be able to see them live sometime.

I wanted to go here in Boston, but I had no one to go with. I wasn't about to go to a concert alone. Sigh...

Were they selling "Von" and the "Von Brig?i" (their remix CD) at the concert?

Melon

melon, you buy me a plane ticket, and pay for my expenses, ill come with!

good on you, elvis for picking up von. :up:

melon said:
I wanted to go here in Boston, but I had no one to go with. I wasn't about to go to a concert alone. Sigh...

Were they selling "Von" and the "Von Brig?i" (their remix CD) at the concert?

Melon

Yes indeed bought them both at the show....rather than a 30 dollar t-shirt.......:wink:

Did I mention how incredible this show was?

If not then I am now, best show ive seen in a couple years.....................

Remaining tour dates............

march 31 verizon wireless theatre(houston)
april 1 austin music hall(austin)
april 2 granada theatre(dallas)
april 4 nita's hideaway(tempe)
april 5 hard rock hotel(las vegas)
april 7 dorothy chandler pavilion(los angeles)
april 8 paramount theatre(oakland)

and some pics, not from me, but still good......

malmo03-10.jpg

malmo03-05.jpg

malmo03-01.jpg

london03-05.jpg

london03-01.jpg

Nice pics, but I was expecting those suprise "Sigur Ros getting dressed/brushing their teeth/using the toilet before the show" pics.

How disappointing Elvis.

Someone told me Jimmy was cheating on you with Gickies

I'm just saying what I heard.

popmofo, jimmy is not cheating, hes just my friend, my journal friend, not my "so-called" friend

but he did enjoy my rantings about Sigur Ros......that Jimmy...:lmao: , hes such a card.......

Elvis Presley said:
but he did enjoy my rantings about Sigur Ros......that Jimmy...:lmao: , hes such a card.......
lol! that was originally funny. congrats, elvis, this is a rarity at the board.

elvis, did they play the pop song? describe that please.

at that point did jonsi actually use a pick and hammer his guitar or whats the story, dear diary.

yes bear, during the pop song jonsi was quite animated, and after it was over he threw down his guitar and stormed off stage in a fit of rage that was inexplicable........

very interesting........

I just read an article about this group in the Sunday paper. Their CD and the titles of their songs are not listed. They are currently on a 16-city tour in the US and most of the shows are sold out.
I really want to see this band and hope that they will tour near Pittsburgh Pa. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

yes tiny dancer, you should try and attend if they do...........

and meegie, are you torn between me and jimmy? or something about The Sigur Ros???

:wink:

Sam saw them in 2001 supporting Radiohead and he and his friend HATED them and said it was the worst live act they've ever seen. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom