The Shamen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
I wounder if here is someone who got any live stuff with The Shamen, both video and audio.

Now everbody thinking of Ebeneezer Goode, but they had a more deeper sound. They started as a psycadelic rock band(Pink Floyd, The Byrds etc....), listen to their first album, Drop from 1987. Their albums from 1987 to 1990 are realy intressting.

Look at the picture on the singer, a little bit of a Bono look. :)

Attachments

• colinangus.jpg
    colinangus.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 99
verte76 said:
Yeah, this is a Bang and Clatter thread.

Anyone like Pink Floyd and other sixties band? Well listen to The Shamen's album Drop. When it was released in 1987 it got very good reviews in the magazines. They even had guitars sounding like U2 on their second studio album "In Gorbachev We Trust".

I don't think he needs to make a new thread, I think it'll just be moved.

Peterrrrr (that's a lot of r's!) does it sound like true psychedelic rock, ala The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, or does it have an updated sound? I doubt that a band would resurrect something that basically died in the 60s without updating the sound and the style a little. But you never know. I haven't heard anything by this band before, I'm just curious.

GibsonGirl said:
I don't think he needs to make a new thread, I think it'll just be moved.

Peterrrrr (that's a lot of r's!) does it sound like true psychedelic rock, ala The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, or does it have an updated sound? I doubt that a band would resurrect something that basically died in the 60s without updating the sound and the style a little. But you never know. I haven't heard anything by this band before, I'm just curious.

That isnt much updated sound there, I work in a record store and I can tell you that the Pink Floyd/Beatles/Turtles/13 thFloor Elevatore fans like this record alot. They have done Syd Barretts covers, 13th F. covers.

Listen to their songs "Young Till Yesterday", "Passing Away", "Do What You Will", Starnge Days Dream, its so 60's influenced,

I wounder if here is someone who got any live stuff with The Shamen, both video and audio.

Now everbody thinking of Ebeneezer Goode, but they had a more deeper sound. They started as a psycadelic rock band(Pink Floyd, The Byrds etc....), listen to their first album, Drop from 1987. Their albums from 1987 to 1990 are realy intressting.

I work in a record store and I can tell that the
Pink Floyd/Beatles/Turtles/13 thFloor Elevatore fans like this record alot. They have done Syd Barretts covers, 13th F. covers.

Listen to their songs "Young Till Yesterday", "Passing Away", "Do What You Will", Starnge Days Dream, its so 60's influenced,

Peterrrrr said:

I work in a record store and I can tell that the
Pink Floyd/Beatles/Turtles/13 thFloor Elevatore fans like this record alot. They have done Syd Barretts covers, 13th F. covers.

Back
Top Bottom