The second official 2012 AFL thread: Undefeated after six rounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
aka "Who'll be 0-23 out of Gold Coast, GWS, and Melbourne?"

I also see that I was the third most prolific poster in the last thread. Cray shit.

"You scored 8 correct tips this week."

That'll learn me for tipping Port, under any circumstances! (Unless they're playing GWS.) :fist:

ETA: Haha, just checked, and I tipped Richmond. It was the Sydney/Crows game I got wrong. :der:

I look at my tips every week and just go "Ach, I'm bad at this."

Demons vs Hawks
Crows vs Cats
Giants
vs Suns
Tigers vs Swans
Bombers vs Eagles
Lions vs Pies
Roos vs Doggies
Dockers
vs Power
Saints vs Blues

Melbourne vs Hawthorn (margin: 50)
Adelaide vs Geelong
GWS vs Gold Coast (Suns may have heaps of injuries but they can actually play a full four quarters of footy now)
Richmond vs Sydney
Essendon vs West Coast (Which means we'll probably lose)
Brisbane vs Collingwood
North Melbourne vs Footscray
Freo vs Port
St Kilda vs Carlton

With Dustin Fletcher as full back.

He'll kick the winning goal in the 2042 grand final against Geelong, captained by Cameron Ling Junior. Gary Ablett III will kick ten but it won't be enough for the Cats.

There are some excellent matches this week. Adelaide/Geelong, Richmond/Sydney, Essendon/West Coast...hell, I'm pretty excited for GWS/Gold Coast with the effort both sides have been showing lately!

St. Kilda/Carlton should be pretty one-sided with the return of some of our key players and a major blow to St. Kilda with the loss of Ben McEvoy. Of course, we'll have to play more than one quarter this round.

Now this is promising: Players behind push for State of Origin revival - AFL.com.au

Though if they're going to do it, do it properly. The idea of just some sort of all-stars game is awful. If state pride isn't on the line, it's useless.

I was just wondering if a tournament every two or four years modelled on the World Cup might be a go, a kind of AFL States Cup. All eight states and territories get a team. Two groups of four. Top two in each group go on to contest semis and then winners face off in the final. Could replace the NAB Cup in the year it's held. Though ACT might have to just be part of an NSW team, and NT part of an SA or QLD team ...

Don't you reckon NSW and Queensland could field competitive teams by now?

Not if you go by place of birth. They could probably compete, but they'd be pretty one-sided, surely.

I'm kiiiinda talking out of my arse though.

According to this, Queensland beat Victoria in 1991 and NSW beat Victoria in 1990 ...

(I think I tried to post this eariler, maybe it ended up on another forum)

Should do it like the NBA/NHL all star weekend. Skills Challenges on Friday night, Rookies game Saturday arvo and then East V West on the Saturday night.

If there was to be an SA team they may as well just send the whole Crows squad. :wink:

I just can't believe the AFL doesn't do it any more while the NRL's rolling around in money with their one (which was originally an Aussie Rules knock off!).

If State of Origin came back, I wonder who Trashley would support. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom