The second official 2012 AFL thread: Undefeated after six rounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, will we be able to tell the difference between the Big V and Freo?

Year One:

1. Vic v Tas
2. SA v WA

FINAL: W1 v W2
RELEGATION PLAYOFF: L1 v L2

3 (PROMOTION PLAYOFF): QLD v NSW

Of course, will we be able to tell the difference between the Big V and Freo?

That still pisses me off. The only team with green in their uniform and they had to discard it, and the only team with purple and they had to make it more like a bastardised fake navy-blue purple. So stupid. Be proud of your fucking brand, no matter how many people made fun of it. There are far stupider mascots in American leagues - the San Diego Chargers, the New England Patriots, the Tampa Bay Bucaneers, the Milwaukee Brewers (actually scratch that one, that's awesome), but nobody makes a fuss about that. Because nobody gets so pissy if there isn't a team without a fucking animal mascot. It's not the end of the bloody world.

I hate the elitism of "every team must be an animal, every guernsey must have lines or Vs" from some fans.

Also I'm in support of State of Origin, but only when SA has more good players coming out. Otherwise I guess I'll support WA, which I think I did as a kid anyway.

In full agreement, Bonnaios.

And woah, Melbourne leads at quarter time?! Though assisted by some pissweak Hawks kicking.

Looks like we're back to the actual script now though.

The accuracy is abominable - someone keep Buddy away from set shots, for gods' sake. But we're dominating now (or Melbourne's collapsed, not sure which), so I'm happy.

Looks like only one Demon actually knows how to kick goals.

And it's just bizarre how freakishly good Buddy is on the run and how freakishly bad he is from set shots.

Adelaide vs Geelong (no Bartel) and Richmond vs South Melbourne (no Goodes) promise to be absolutely cracking games.

So why the hell is there a Monday night game this round? Not as if it's a public holiday.

Its the "traditional" Monday night clash between the Saints and Carlton. I dunno, its been going for the last 3 or so seasons. Monday nights will probably come more and more common as new teams are introduced.

I'm just kind of annoyed since I'm generally out on Monday nights unless it's a public holiday ... might be a decent game too. Don't see the point of having games on a regular Monday.

Can't(?) wait to see how GWS vs Gold Coast goes today. One team that can't play more than a half of footy versus another with more injury woes than a minnow team can afford.

I've switched to GWS/Suns. That goal was punched away from about 20 metres inside the goal line but apparently if it's "inconclusive" oh well fuck it, we'll just pay the goal. Ridiculous.

Welp I was not expecting this in a million years. Umpires have been surprisingly hard on Geelong and kind to us. Doesn't really change the result though.

The decline of Geelong is on! And the promise of some of these brilliant Adelaide players is finally being realised. Walker is quality.

Fucking hate Wests. Gold Coast better start clawing back.

In the long run, this is good for Carlton. Any loss Geelong takes is good (they're shit tonight, but clearly a threat once they heal up). I like Adelaide, they're for real. Not top 4 good, but this will be a good season for them. Thankfully, we have them at home.

Oh yeah.

Also this

Defcon-Rivalry-Starts-Now_04.jpg

What the fuck? Why would there ever be a "rivalry" here? Perhaps friendly competition.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the score is flattering Geelong at the moment.

Hahaha GWS made them pay

Makes Carlton look slightly less embarrassing if the Giants win, so I don't really care.

This is so strange to listen to on radio (I wanted to hear GWS' song). The crowd sounds like they're watching golf out there. Did they reach 10,000 tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom