The second official 2012 AFL thread: Undefeated after six rounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maric has been epic. I'd have him back except we have Sauce.

Cotchin has been epic too.

Wow, what a comeback!

Fucking hell, this is great footy but so so so nerve-wracking.

Oh thank god! Full credit to Richmond, and obviously I'm glad to see them as such obvious contenders - but this is the one fixture that I hope they lose. First half was Essendon's, but Richmond had the best of it in the second half, and frankly it was their own inaccuracy at crucial moments that lost them the game. Great effort by the Bombers in the latter half of the final quarter to keep it together, put enough points on the board to get a good margin, and prove that we can defend with Fletch off the ground. Awesome footy.

And oh dear, Suns didn't do very well AT ALL in Darwin. Comfortable win in the end to the Bulldogs, despite that dreadful half time scoreboard.

Also, Bomber Thompson making a mess of his coke can behind Hird in the coaches box was highly amusing.

This is a pretty good article about the Victorian struggler sides ... and why being a Footscray fan sucks the most: On football's struggle street, burning hunger still gnaws

You know, as much as I obviously want Essendon to win the premiership the most, if they can't do it in a given year, I most want it to go to one of the teams with a massive drought - just because there's nothing like the euphoria when a team finally, finally wins the biggest prize. Hell, it was just massive for me when the All Blacks broke their World Cup drought last year ... and 1. that was only 24 years and 2. barely a drought, since we were the best team in the world for almost all of that time, just without the silverware to prove it. Can't imagine what it would be like for the long-suffering Dogs fans if they snare another premiership. Especially if it happens while those who remember 1954 are still alive.

Not looking good for GWS at quarter time - Brissie's got a 37 point lead.

Vlad, if you find a video stream, let me know. I hate having to listen to a good match like this on a Triple M stream.

Scratch that, Crows have come to life and are in front!

And oh dear, GWS down by almost 100 to Brissie. :lol:

I only slept about 3 hours last night so I'm not sure how much of this I can listen to, especially the more I despair over it. So far it's fairly even.

This is a great game so far, living up to the hype. Both teams look very dangerous - Carlton perhaps moreso, even if the Crows are up by one right now.

Hope you can find a stream somewhere, Traviud ...

Thornton is playing out of his mind. What scrub was taking his spot in the lineup the past few weeks?

Nice play there to end the quarter!

Where the hell is Vlad?

And Brisbane wins by 92. That'll help out their percentage, and there's a win for Ashley, at least!

That umpiring decision where Dangerfield was not paid for tackling Ellard where there was prior opportunity but a Carlton player was paid for tackling Rutten where he had no chance to get it out was disgraceful.

Thornton is playing out of his mind. What scrub was taking his spot in the lineup the past few weeks?

Waite. :lol:

Ah, there the hell is Vlad. And yeah, that was a pretty shitty umpiring decision.

I reckon Adelaide can still do this - it's just Carlton are ferocious on attack and seem more unstoppable than Adelaide do. That said, Adelaide would be in front if a couple of really good opportunities hadn't gone begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom