The Science of Sleep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
it is on my list

I will see it when it travels to the O C

did you see it at Laemmles or in Santa Monica?

Laemmles on Sunset. It was so crowded. The 8:30 show sold out so me and my friend had to catch the 10 o'clock showing.

We sat down in the Plaza and talked and I noticed upstairs there was a line going halfway around the plaza and we realized those people were the people that got 10 o'clock tickets too, but they were already lining up to get good seats. So we had to go get in line as well.

It was pretty insane.

I haven't heard of it - who is in it, what's it about?

I saw All The King's Men last night- I can't believe they could make such a dull void of a movie with a cast like that, written by the writer of Schlinder's List..but I digress of course

MrsSpringsteen said:
I haven't heard of it - who is in it, what's it about?

I saw All The King's Men last night- I can't believe they could make such a dull void of a movie with a cast like that, written by the writer of Schlinder's List..but I digress of course

From IMDB.com:

Every second of Michael Gondrey's, The Science of Sleep is a riot of clever originality, right down to the bedroom light switch! Stephane Miroux's (Gael Garcia Bernal) mother persuades him to leave Mexico for Paris by promising him a creative new job. Of course it's untrue, "I glue paper in a basement all day!" Stephane exists in the blur between reality and his fantasy dream world, where he imagines himself the host of a TV show. He falls in love with his beautiful neighbor Stephanie (Charlotte Gainsbourg) after a ridiculous piano moving incident, but his overtures are sadly, more fantastic than real. Stephane's bizarre inventions, paintings, insane co-workers, a quirky, eccentric blend of animation, hilarious dialogue and its constant multi-lingual confusion fuel his obsession for her, but also his paralyzing fear of rejection. Sweet, funny and sad, The Science of Sleep is an entertaining cacophony that could warm Godard's cockles!

i liked king's men

david said:

Laemmles on Sunset. It was so crowded. The 8:30 show sold out so me and my friend had to catch the 10 o'clock showing.

It is playing at the NuWilshire, also.

I see a lot of foreign language and what they call "art films" that do not always get wide release.

I used to drive up to your area (I am an hour away, without traffic) in the 80s.

I had a girlfriend that was happy with dinner at the Apple Pan and a good indie-film, back then.

I like the old stand alone theaters, like the MusicBox, NuWilshire and others.

We only have the multi-plexes here.

The good news for me

is that most of the indie-films make it to the OC, now.

I have seen previews for Science of Sleep, I think I will enjoy it.

Gael Garcia Bernal is always good.
I have not seen Charlotte Gainsbourg before.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
^aka will never play at my suburban podunk megaplex

But I do like Gael Garcia Bernal, he's purdy

yeah, i wonder if this movie will get a wide release, like eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

I love Michel Gondry's work, especially Eternal Sunshine.

Have any of you seen his short film with David Cross as a talking turd?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I love Michel Gondry's work, especially Eternal Sunshine.

Have any of you seen his short film with David Cross as a talking turd?

No, I haven't but that sounds like it could be the greatest thing ever. I love David Cross.

Back
Top Bottom