The runaway bride did it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So now Jennifer wanted to join the growing trend of being a new mommy? Best of luck if she is indeed pregnant. And if that is the case, I would hope that she and Marc did tie the knot.

RockNRollDawgie said:
6 months to a year tops.

I prefer "The Princess Bride" myself.

"Anybody wanna a peanut?"

Fezzick, stop that rhyming now - I mean it!

Inconceivable!!! :lmao:

Geez, he's gonna need a scorecard just to keep track of who he has kids with...one with a former girlfriend, 2 with his ex-wife and now one with wife #2 :|

:lmao: YES!

I don't think he is even attractive. :shrug:

Oh well best wishes to the 'ho's. I suppose they all deserve love at some point in their life. :wink:

Ben looking at a magazine w/ J Lo's wedding on it..I know it's not funny, but I'm laughing a little :wink:

7dhl

She wore 7 million dollars worth of jewelry :eek:

If this is true, it's just sad..you'd think she would just appreciate the honor of carrying the torch. I don't think all these stories about her can be fabricated

From the NY Daily News

Olympian demands
torched J.Lo gig

Jennifer Lopez got diva treatment in Santa Monica while shooting 'Monster-in-Law.' We hear she wouldn't hoof it here for an Olympics event.

Not even Mayor Bloomberg can afford Jennifer Lopez.
New York's billionaire politician made a special call to the Bronx homegirl to get her to perform at the city's Olympic torch ceremony last weekend. Lopez at first agreed - no doubt aware of Bloomberg's appreciation of her assets.

But later she begged off, saying she had work commitments.

However, a publicist for her film, "Monster-in-Law" says Lopez shot no scenes last weekend, and she was snapped at her new husband Marc Anthony's Miami show on Friday.

So why the kissoff?

People tell us Lopez demanded that she be flown by private jet from Miami and then back to Los Angeles at a cost of $38,660.

She also wanted her usual New York hotel suite, which runs $9,500 a night - as well as rooms for her bodyguard and assistant, another $1,000.

Then there was the cost of her hairstylist, Oribe ($4,500 a day), and her makeup artist, Scott Barnes ($6,000 a day.) That's a whopping $59,660 for a couple of torch songs.

A source tells us there was no way the city was going to pay that, and sponsors couldn't raise private donations quickly enough.

"There were discussions regarding who was paying for her to come to town and perform. She was assured it wasn't the taxpayers' money and it was actually private donors," her spokeswoman told us.

Okay...lemme comment on her requests:

1) A private jet is probably necessary; celebrities in a standard passenger jet is likely to cause a major disturbance from the regular passengers who either will not leave her alone or from the possibility of insane fans who might try and kill her. Kind of an extreme scenario, but, if you notice, you'll never see the President on a commercial passenger jet.

2) The expensive hotels, while I'm sure she primarily wanted it for the lavishness of the whole thing, is also better suited for security for important guests. Again, imagine J-Jo staying at a Best Western. More crazy fans and possible stalkers / killers with no security.

3) The hairstylist and the makeup artist...now that's a bit gratuitous. However, if she had shown up in public looking "plain," it would have been plastered all over the tabloids and people would have criticized her for not looking her best. J-Lo, for better or for worse, has an appearance that she must maintain to remain marketable.

So, really, I can justify her requests. The only problem I have is why J-Lo didn't pay for the costs herself, as a goodwill gesture. Of course, now that is a judgment call; maybe this wasn't that important to her, so she saw it as a standard concert appearance, with the employer (in this case, NYC) who should pick up the tab.

Either way, maybe you can understand it from this POV.

Melon

I just think for something like that, you should drop the diva attitude and demands. If I recall correctly, she also made excessive demands for the What's Going On charity Bono thing (or at least that was the rumor at the time). Celebrities have the hassles of being in public/being recognized by the public. That goes along w/ their job, and they can handle it accordingly. U2 seems to handle it pretty well.

I don't know-I just can't imagine that many of the other celebs carrying the torch are making those demands-maybe they are :shrug:

I think that new husband of hers has a place in NY-she could have stayed there. I would imagine she also has her own private jet.

I'm not trying to be argumentative :) Oh well, at least she didn't ask for her eyebrow technician to be flown in..

I have a different objection, not to the security etc but a pop star bing involved. Im not into sport at all but I think the Olympics is the athletes Big Day Out and only athletes should be carrying the torch. I thought Tom Cruise looked like a dork doing it. What has he got to do with the Olympics? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom