The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tier 3 - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO LEAST favorite tracks.

• Not Fade Away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's All OVer Now

• Time Is On My Side

• (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

• Get Off of My Cloud

• As Tears Go By

• It's Only Rock 'N Roll (But I Like It)

• Fool to Cry

• Start Me Up

• Little T & A

• Jumping Jack Flash

• Honky Tonk Women

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Hey Guys, sorry this one is taking so long. I guess I shouldn't have allowed for so many suggestions from other albums. I'm sorry if people are getting bored. I really hope that once we get past this, it'll be fun for you all again. Obviously we pushed off doing the Stones for a long time, because we knew there was a lot of material to go through, and that's rearing its head now.

But, as long as there are people sticking with me, I'm gonna keep going. Mixed Emotions and Rough Justice were eliminated, btw.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR TWO LEAST FAVORITE TRACKS.

People did sort of keep insisting their favorite D list songs get included...why, I don't know, because if only 2 people like three shitty songs off a shitty album, how far did they think they were going to make it before the other songs get hungry and eat them on this island (or the people who would never have bothered to include them just vote them out to sea). Besides, I don't think you're supposed to take Kieran seriously anyway.

There should eventually be a catch-all thread for every past Survivor. Just a list of the artists and a ranking of the songs that made the finals would suffice. Our own greatest hits playlist, if you will.

This forum might as well go through and do this sort of thing for, say, every artist in the Rock Hall of Fame as you'd find that most of them don't have discographies anywhere near as daunting as The Stones.

Plenty of artists with enough listeners around here that should get a shot. A Van Halen one could work, for example and be accomplished fairly easily (6 polls for the original DLR albums and then a single grab bag one for everything from the mid-80s onward).

Hey Guys, sorry this one is taking so long. I guess I shouldn't have allowed for so many suggestions from other albums. I'm sorry if people are getting bored. I really hope that once we get past this, it'll be fun for you all again. Obviously we pushed off doing the Stones for a long time, because we knew there was a lot of material to go through, and that's rearing its head now.

Your problem was just allowing for too many rounds in this section. The first poll should have been a Vote For Five, for example. Then we'd actually have a better polling result as those would be the consensus least liked songs, rather than songs being eliminated simply by having three people out of 13 vote for them, etc.

Basically, this section could have been run through a lot faster and you'd still end up with the same results as the weakest songs would fall off the soonest. Something to think about for future Survivor installments although I'm completely in agreement on at least having the Finals go down one-by-one.

There should eventually be a catch-all thread for every past Survivor. Just a list of the artists and a ranking of the songs that made the finals would suffice. Our own greatest hits playlist, if you will.

This forum might as well go through and do this sort of thing for, say, every artist in the Rock Hall of Fame as you'd find that most of them don't have discographies anywhere near as daunting as The Stones.

Plenty of artists with enough listeners around here that should get a shot. A Van Halen one could work, for example and be accomplished fairly easily (6 polls for the original DLR albums and then a single grab bag one for everything from the mid-80s onward).

Absolutely no fucking chance in hell anyone would give a shit about a Van Halen survivor.

Back
Top Bottom