The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tier 3 - Round 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote for your TWO LEAST favorite tracks.
Not Fade Away 0 0%
It's All OVer Now 0 0%
Time Is On My Side 0 0%
Play with Fire 1 14.29%
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 0 0%
Get Off of My Cloud 0 0%
As Tears Go By 0 0%
It's Only Rock 'N Roll (But I Like It) 0 0%
Time Waits for No One 1 14.29%
Fool to Cry 0 0%
Emotional Rescue 1 14.29%
She's So Cold 1 14.29%
Start Me Up 0 0%
Little T & A 0 0%
Waiting on a Friend 1 14.29%
Almost Hear You Sigh 4 57.14%
Anybody Seen My Baby? 2 28.57%
Love is Strong 3 42.86%
Jumping Jack Flash 0 0%
Honky Tonk Women 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 82,433
Local Time: 09:12 PM
The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tier 3 - Round 5

Hey Guys, sorry this one is taking so long. I guess I shouldn't have allowed for so many suggestions from other albums. I'm sorry if people are getting bored. I really hope that once we get past this, it'll be fun for you all again. Obviously we pushed off doing the Stones for a long time, because we knew there was a lot of material to go through, and that's rearing its head now.

But, as long as there are people sticking with me, I'm gonna keep going. Mixed Emotions and Rough Justice were eliminated, btw.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR TWO LEAST FAVORITE TRACKS.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,886
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Continuing to throw votes at the 90s stuff...
__________________

iron yuppie is online now  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,780
Local Time: 12:12 AM
The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tier 3 - Round 5

People did sort of keep insisting their favorite D list songs get included...why, I don't know, because if only 2 people like three shitty songs off a shitty album, how far did they think they were going to make it before the other songs get hungry and eat them on this island (or the people who would never have bothered to include them just vote them out to sea). Besides, I don't think you're supposed to take Kieran seriously anyway.
IWasBored is offline  
Old 11-06-2015, 01:37 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,313
Local Time: 11:12 PM
There should eventually be a catch-all thread for every past Survivor. Just a list of the artists and a ranking of the songs that made the finals would suffice. Our own greatest hits playlist, if you will.

This forum might as well go through and do this sort of thing for, say, every artist in the Rock Hall of Fame as you'd find that most of them don't have discographies anywhere near as daunting as The Stones.

Plenty of artists with enough listeners around here that should get a shot. A Van Halen one could work, for example and be accomplished fairly easily (6 polls for the original DLR albums and then a single grab bag one for everything from the mid-80s onward).
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 11-06-2015, 01:40 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,313
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Hey Guys, sorry this one is taking so long. I guess I shouldn't have allowed for so many suggestions from other albums. I'm sorry if people are getting bored. I really hope that once we get past this, it'll be fun for you all again. Obviously we pushed off doing the Stones for a long time, because we knew there was a lot of material to go through, and that's rearing its head now.
Your problem was just allowing for too many rounds in this section. The first poll should have been a Vote For Five, for example. Then we'd actually have a better polling result as those would be the consensus least liked songs, rather than songs being eliminated simply by having three people out of 13 vote for them, etc.

Basically, this section could have been run through a lot faster and you'd still end up with the same results as the weakest songs would fall off the soonest. Something to think about for future Survivor installments although I'm completely in agreement on at least having the Finals go down one-by-one.
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 11-06-2015, 03:58 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,890
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
There should eventually be a catch-all thread for every past Survivor. Just a list of the artists and a ranking of the songs that made the finals would suffice. Our own greatest hits playlist, if you will.

This forum might as well go through and do this sort of thing for, say, every artist in the Rock Hall of Fame as you'd find that most of them don't have discographies anywhere near as daunting as The Stones.

Plenty of artists with enough listeners around here that should get a shot. A Van Halen one could work, for example and be accomplished fairly easily (6 polls for the original DLR albums and then a single grab bag one for everything from the mid-80s onward).
Absolutely no fucking chance in hell anyone would give a shit about a Van Halen survivor.
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 11-06-2015, 06:46 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 28,948
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Absolutely no fucking chance in hell anyone would give a shit about a Van Halen survivor.
I would.
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,890
Local Time: 11:12 PM
You've ruined everything

GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 11-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 19,607
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Beastie Boys Survivor.
__________________

DaveC is offline  
 

Tags
survivor, the rolling stones

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com