The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tier 3 - Round 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote for your TWO LEAST favorite tracks.
Not Fade Away 0 0%
It's All OVer Now 0 0%
Time Is On My Side 0 0%
Play with Fire 1 14.29%
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 0 0%
Get Off of My Cloud 0 0%
As Tears Go By 0 0%
It's Only Rock 'N Roll (But I Like It) 0 0%
Time Waits for No One 1 14.29%
Fool to Cry 0 0%
Emotional Rescue 1 14.29%
She's So Cold 1 14.29%
Start Me Up 0 0%
Little T & A 0 0%
Waiting on a Friend 1 14.29%
Almost Hear You Sigh 4 57.14%
Anybody Seen My Baby? 2 28.57%
Love is Strong 3 42.86%
Jumping Jack Flash 0 0%
Honky Tonk Women 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:12 PM
The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tier 3 - Round 5

Hey Guys, sorry this one is taking so long. I guess I shouldn't have allowed for so many suggestions from other albums. I'm sorry if people are getting bored. I really hope that once we get past this, it'll be fun for you all again. Obviously we pushed off doing the Stones for a long time, because we knew there was a lot of material to go through, and that's rearing its head now.

But, as long as there are people sticking with me, I'm gonna keep going. Mixed Emotions and Rough Justice were eliminated, btw.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR TWO LEAST FAVORITE TRACKS.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Continuing to throw votes at the 90s stuff...

Old 11-05-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:12 AM
The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tier 3 - Round 5

People did sort of keep insisting their favorite D list songs get included...why, I don't know, because if only 2 people like three shitty songs off a shitty album, how far did they think they were going to make it before the other songs get hungry and eat them on this island (or the people who would never have bothered to include them just vote them out to sea). Besides, I don't think you're supposed to take Kieran seriously anyway.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:37 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There should eventually be a catch-all thread for every past Survivor. Just a list of the artists and a ranking of the songs that made the finals would suffice. Our own greatest hits playlist, if you will.

This forum might as well go through and do this sort of thing for, say, every artist in the Rock Hall of Fame as you'd find that most of them don't have discographies anywhere near as daunting as The Stones.

Plenty of artists with enough listeners around here that should get a shot. A Van Halen one could work, for example and be accomplished fairly easily (6 polls for the original DLR albums and then a single grab bag one for everything from the mid-80s onward).
Old 11-06-2015, 01:40 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Hey Guys, sorry this one is taking so long. I guess I shouldn't have allowed for so many suggestions from other albums. I'm sorry if people are getting bored. I really hope that once we get past this, it'll be fun for you all again. Obviously we pushed off doing the Stones for a long time, because we knew there was a lot of material to go through, and that's rearing its head now.
Your problem was just allowing for too many rounds in this section. The first poll should have been a Vote For Five, for example. Then we'd actually have a better polling result as those would be the consensus least liked songs, rather than songs being eliminated simply by having three people out of 13 vote for them, etc.

Basically, this section could have been run through a lot faster and you'd still end up with the same results as the weakest songs would fall off the soonest. Something to think about for future Survivor installments although I'm completely in agreement on at least having the Finals go down one-by-one.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:58 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
There should eventually be a catch-all thread for every past Survivor. Just a list of the artists and a ranking of the songs that made the finals would suffice. Our own greatest hits playlist, if you will.

This forum might as well go through and do this sort of thing for, say, every artist in the Rock Hall of Fame as you'd find that most of them don't have discographies anywhere near as daunting as The Stones.

Plenty of artists with enough listeners around here that should get a shot. A Van Halen one could work, for example and be accomplished fairly easily (6 polls for the original DLR albums and then a single grab bag one for everything from the mid-80s onward).
Absolutely no fucking chance in hell anyone would give a shit about a Van Halen survivor.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:46 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Absolutely no fucking chance in hell anyone would give a shit about a Van Halen survivor.
I would.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

You've ruined everything

Old 11-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Beastie Boys Survivor.

Tags
survivor, the rolling stones