The Rolling Stones Survivor - Tattoo You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO FAVORITE songs.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Moving on from Emotional Rescue: Emotional Rescue and She's So Cold

Welcome everyone to the penultimate album thread, before we get down to the good stuff. As someone previously pointed out, while I said that I would be stopping at Tattoo You, someone did, in fact, vote for A Bigger Bang as a favorite album of the band's, and I did threads for albums that received no votes, so we will end the preliminary rounds with voting for that particular album.

Concurrently with these last two poll threads, I will open a thread for the week in which people can suggest songs that were either left out of previous rounds, or are featured on albums that we did not do polls for. Those albums would be: Under Cover, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon. Tracks to consider would be anything from greatest hits comps, b-sides, standalone singles, etc. Don't worry, Jumping Jack Flash is automatically in, so just go ahead and skip that one.

With all that in mind:

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO FAVORITE SONGS

Hey! I actually know two songs on this one.

Still, this entire process was actually secretly one giant excuse for me to finally force myself to listen to this album....:shifty:.

Give me some Slave and a Little T&A (sounds like a good Saturday night).

Here's the original incarnation of Slave from 1974 with Jeff Beck as 2nd guitarist...

Waiting on a Friend is gorgeous, one of my favorite Stones tracks. I'm a fan of Hang Fire as well - underrated track.

I had a whole post written here that I stupidly navigated away from, but basically: I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this album. Rediscovered a love for Start me Up, remembered that even though Waiting on a Friend is cheesy, it's the good kinda cheesy, and fell pretty hard for Little T&A. Not sure what to vote for, but I don't think the first two need my help, so it's gonna be Little T&A and Start Me Up, I think.

I don't know why I like Start Me Up, I can't point to anything about it and say "I like it because..." cos there is no discernible reason to like it. Talk about cheesy. I do like that song, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom