The Rolling Stones Survivor - Sticky Fingers - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST favorite

• Brown Sugar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild Horses

• Can't You Hear Me Knocking

• Bitch

• I Got the Blues

• Sister Morphine

• Dead Flowers

• Moonlight Mile

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Love in Vain and Live With Me tied for the double elimination to finish up Let It Bleed.

Moving on from Let It Bleed: Gimme Shelter, Let It Bleed, Midnight Rambler, Monkey Man and You Can't Always Get What You Want.

We move on to Sticky Fingers.

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention, but it doesn't matter too much. I've been letting 5 songs go through for each of the big four albums. In the past, for double albums, I have sent through double, or at least a few more songs from said tracklists. In the case of Exile would you all prefer I let 8-10 songs go through, or do you want to just do one "Vote for your 5 Favorites" round? Otherwise it's probably going to take us like two weeks to get through that album.

Let me know below.

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

You Gotta Move, obviously. The only weak link on an otherwise perfect album.

Sway is the best track here, I think, then Wild Horses, Moonlight Mile, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, etc.

This is such a great album. Really hard to choose, but I think Sway is my vote here.

Sway is fantastic. Your choices continue to be utterly bizarre.

Their best album as far as I'm concerned. I'll vote for You Gotta Move.

I think 8-10 songs is way too much for Exile. Vote for five favorites is the way to go.

Sway with a vote already. Man.

I think Exile deserves a couple more, maybe 7, but 8-10 is way too many. And just handle it like any other survivor. Double/triple eliminations will probably help us along.

Right, you all voted off You Got the Silver pretty much immediately, but I'm the one with the questionable taste.

Also, speaking of Sway, where the hell is it going to go in this round? It's surrounded by a bunch of all-timers. If it ends up in the top five it would be fucking ridiculous.

I have no idea what's going to happen with this album, honestly. You Gotta Move is DOA. Bitch will probably be out for the same reason Live With Me didn't get through (though I think it's even more badass). I've Got The Blues won't make it far, though it's perfect for what it is. Dead Flowers grates on some people, but I think it's a blast.

The last spot will probably come down to Sway and...Sister Morphine, maybe? I have no idea. Everything on here but You Gotta Move is grade A. One of the best albums of all time.

If I had to rate the tracks:

Sway 10/10
Wild Horses 10/10
Moonlight Mile 9.5/10
Can't You Hear Me Knocking 9/10
Dead Flowers 9/10
Sister Morphine 8.5/10
Brown Sugar 8.5/10
I've Got the Blues 8/10
Bitch 8/10
You Gotta Move 5/10

Last edited:
My top 5 in no particular order would be

Wild Horses
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Dead Flowers
Sister Morphine
Bitch

Things will get interesting in round 3 for sure (assuming I Got The Blues gets eliminated in round 2), there's no clear cut choice to knock out at that point, 8 songs all worthy of one of the 5 spots.

Last edited:
You can just send on five from Exile. I mean, there's a wealth of awesome material on it, but there's also hardly any songs that will stand out for a majority of RS fans as their greatest ever. Everyone has their own Exile tracks that they absolutely love, but I don't think the poll needs to have a billion of them, nor will choice #8 fare really well when up against Get Off My Cloud or whatever.

Did you ever wake up to fiiiiind
Some dumbass posters on liiiiiine?
Destroyed your notion of a sane human miiiiiiind

It's just iyuppie's taste that's got us in its sway
It's just iyuppie's taste that makes us say "NO WAY"

Also, speaking of Sway, where the hell is it going to go in this round? It's surrounded by a bunch of all-timers. If it ends up in the top five it would be fucking ridiculous.

How the hell would that be fucking ridiculous? It's a big fan favorite, it features some of Mick Taylor's best performances, it has an impassioned Jagger vocal... All the classic ingredients of a great Stones song basically.

My top 5:

1. Moonlight Mile
2. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
3. Sister Morphine
4. Sway
5. Wild Horses

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom