The Rolling Stones Survivor - Let It Bleed - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST favorite.

• Gimme Shelter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live With Me

• Let It Bleed

• Midnight Rambler

• You Can't Always Get What You Want

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

After a nearly flawless victory, "Factor Girl" took the final elimination spot for Beggars Banquet, leaving the five songs moving forward as:

Sympathy For the Devil, No Expectations, Street Fighting Man, Stray Cat Blues and Salt of the Earth.

Lots of songs that start with S there >_>.

Now we move on to the most perplexing album in the catalogue for me, as it contains my two favorite songs by the band, and then a lot of tracks I honestly don't care for :reject:.

There's not a weak track on here. Fuck, this album is so good.

I love You Got The Silver but, yeah, it should be one of the first ones gone.

Probably Country Honk for me, but I can't vote on mobile.

You Got The Silver is actually one of my favorites here. I'm going with Country Honk followed by Live With Me.

Gimme Shelter, Let It Bleed, Midnight Rambler and You Can't Always Get What You Want are locks to go through, and deserve to be, with Love In Vain and Monkey Man fighting for the 5th spot. I really hope Love In Vain makes the cut.

Last edited:
We should just have a poll right now of Monkey Man vs. Love In Vain...then we can move on to Sticky Fingers.

My top 5:

Gimme Shelter, Let It Bleed, Midnight Rambler, Monkey Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Love In Vain is a cover, right? It's a gorgeous track and I've always been very fond of it, but it shouldn't advance to the next round if it's a cover.

I'm a MONKEEEEYEEEEWWWWAAAAAAAAH!

Fuck Love in Vain!

It's a rather pointless but undeniably enjoyable version of Honky Tonk Women that they threw on here because why not.

What? So they recorded a version of a song they'd already released and then put it on an album again..? Isn't that a massive copout?

Also I liked You Got the Silver quite a bit more than other tracks here, I'll vote for whatever I can to save that.

Can't Always Get/Gimme Shelter/Monkey Man/You Got the Silver/Midnight Rambler would be my five (acknowledging that it's ridiculous I'm rating it right now)

What? So they recorded a version of a song they'd already released and then put it on an album again..? Isn't that a massive copout?

Technically, Country Honk was recorded first, but Honky Tonk Women was released a full five months before Let It Bleed.

So it was album filler, really. I still like it a lot.

I gotta go with "You Got the Silver", much as I also love Keith songs, usually. This one just doesn't do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom