The Rolling Stones Survivor - Exile on Main St - FINAL ROUND

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST favorite.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
A last minute "surge" in voting saw the ousting (finally in IWB's eyes) of "Sweet Virginia" with 4 votes.

Others receiving votes:

Torn and Frayed - 1; Loving Cup - 3; Happy - 1; Shine a Light - 1....who the fuck voted for Shine a Light?! *clicks show votes*...oh.

Anyways:

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

THIS POLL IS ONLY 24 HOURS

Gotta spend some time thinking about this. "Torn and Frayed" is easily my least favorite track left, and, honestly, if it weren't for the fact that it received NO votes until last round, I would've started voting for it a while ago.

A last minute "surge" in voting saw the ousting (finally in IWB's eyes) of "Sweet Virginia" with 4 votes.

Others receiving votes:

Torn and Frayed - 1; Loving Cup - 3; Happy - 1; Shine a Light - 1....who the fuck voted for Shine a Light?! *clicks show votes*...oh.

Anyways:

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

THIS POLL IS ONLY 24 HOURS

Fuck off, there are like six songs left. It's one of the greatest rock albums ever. I had to vote for something.

God, I forgot how painful these survivors are.

Last edited:
I feel like we just did Beatles, even if it was a few years ago.

A Day In The Life beat the superior Strawberry Fields Forever in the final, if I'm not mistaken.

The REM one was fun. I remember that one really well.

The Beatles one was done before I was even a regular poster here. So, yeah, it's been a looooong time.

That's so funny to me that you and cori don't remember it. You were both very active in it, along with me and LeMel and one or two others. We had pretty active discussions the whole time. I'd say you and cori both voted in like 99% of the polls in the survivor.

And yeah, that's fucked up that Radio Free Europe won.

Last edited:
I've drank and smoked liked a motherfucker for the last ten years and I have a better memory than you two old farts.

I feel like we just did Beatles, even if it was a few years ago.

A Day In The Life beat the superior Strawberry Fields Forever in the final, if I'm not mistaken.

This was the only finals matchup out of these survivors that has ever made sense IMO. I remember the Zeppelin final was like What Is & What Should Never Be vs Achilles Last Stand or some shit like that.

Zoots was one of the other main participants, of course! Haha.

And phanan, LMP, etc.

Man, I really like both Driver 8 and Radio Free Europe....but wtf?

This was the only finals matchup out of these survivors that has ever made sense IMO. I remember the Zeppelin final was like What Is & What Should Never Be vs Achilles Last Stand or some shit like that.

:lol: WIAWSNB vs. Over the Hills and Far Away was the final and the latter won. That was one of my favorite finals, actually. Two great songs and very unique choices.

How about Airbag vs. Let Down in the Radiohead finals:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/radiohead-survivor-final-draw-193427.html

Zoots was one of the other main participants, of course! Haha.

And phanan, LMP, etc.

Man, I really like both Driver 8 and Radio Free Europe....but wtf?

Driver 8 is one of my top 5 favorite REM songs, so I can understand that one. But Radio Free Europe is a 15-20 type song for me. The Hib Tone mix is a lot better than the version on Murmur.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I blame Irishteen for the terrible REM results. I lost premium near the end and he did the final rounds.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/r-e-m-survivor-grand-finale-200050.html

Perfect Circle and Nightswimming barely cracked the top 20??

Try Not To Breathe was in the Top 10??

At least Begin The Begin and Finest Worksong got close. Can't argue about These Day or Cuyahoga, either. Fall On Me was #4 so a very impressive showing for Lifes Rich Pageant.

That thread also gave us this amazing exchange:

Coldplay Survivor tyme! :D

That implies that one of those songs deserve to survive.

:applaud:
YLB :sad:

:lol: WIAWSNB vs. Over the Hills and Far Away was the final and the latter won. That was one of my favorite finals, actually. Two great songs and very unique choices.

Both of those would be in my LZ Top 10. So would Achilles' Last Stand, actually.

2009? oh, that's why i don't remember it. i was busy not being here.

The Bowie and Floyd survivors (both of which I ran) had pretty solid winners - "Heroes" and Time.

I'd like another Radiohead survivor before The Beatles. And why is there a need to do the Beatles again when we'll get the same result?

Anyway back to this one, Tumbling Dice is by miles my fav song and I'm actually gonna vote for Torn and Frayed here.

Then I've got to go Loving Cup.

If they tie, send them both through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom