The Rolling Stones Survivor - Beggars Banquet - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVORITE track.

• Sympathy For the Devil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Expectations

• Street Fighting Man

• Factory Girl

• Salt of the Earth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Moving forward from Their Satanic Majesties Request are:
She's a Rainbow - 10
200 Light Years From Home - 9
Citadel - 3

Much more participation for that album, and a bit of a nail-biter finish.

Now we arrive at the first Tier 1 album. We'll return to standard survivor style for the "Big Four" albums, because let's be real here, we all love these records and there should definitely be enough participation to warrant it.

Five songs will be moving forward from each Tier 1 album. In previous survivors I have given a few extra tracks to double albums. I may allow Exile to have 8 songs go through instead of 5. We'll see as we get closer to the album.

Meanwhile, Beggars Banquet is my favorite of the big 4, so yay for that.

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Ooooh, this is easy. Prodigal Son.

I still dig it, and it totally fits with the feel of the album, but it's always been my least favorite.

This is usually my answer to the question "What's your favorite Stones album?" Love this shit.

There isn't a bad song on this record, but if forced to choose, Parachute Woman is at the bottom.

Went with Prodigal Son.

I find Dear Doctor fairly catchy. Probably wouldn't make my top 5 though. I'm still not sure, probably: Stray Cat Blues, Sympathy, No Expectations, Salt of the Earth, & either Jig-Saw or Street Fighting Man.

212 just wondering why you've gone a eliminate-one-song-by-one-song method for the individual albums. I know we used to do it but seems it just takes so very long and doesn't get a great deal of interest.

This is the first one I actually have, although I'd have to listen to it to remember how any of the songs not called Sympathy for the Devil actually go.

She asked if we should and a few people said they wanted to do song by song elimination for "The Big Four."

I think we should, too.

I just hate that you can't vote on the app. I'm never on the browser version anymore. You'd have an extra vote here if I could.

Yeah, the whole point of the survivor is to talk about the albums in depth, imo, and doing the song by song encourages that better, I think.

Plus voting for five favorites vs 1 least favorite seems difficult.

Back
Top Bottom