The Rolling Stones Survivor - 12 x 5/The Rolling Stones #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO FAVORITE tracks

• Around and Around

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Confessin' the Blues

• Empty Heart

• Good Times, Bad Times

• 2120 South Michigan Avenue

• Under the Boardwalk

• Congratulations

• If You Need Me

• Susie Q

• You Can't Catch Me

• Down the Road Apiece

• I Can't Be Satisfied

• Pain in My Heart

• Off the Hook

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO FAVORITE TRACKS

Apparently when I say something will happen shortly, I mean a day later.

We are on to album #2 (4?) by the Stones, after "Not Fade Away" and "Mona" dismantled "King Bee" (sorry, Tom Petty, I know that's your favorite.)

Now we move on to the second album from the third tier of Rolling Stones works: 12 x 5 / The Rolling Stones #2/ The Rolling Stones, Now!

God, I can't wait until we're done with these early albums.

As with the last album, I'm going to do a prelim round to determine what songs people even care enough about to vote for, rather than waiting like two weeks to finish a normal survivor for this album. Two songs will eventually move on to the Tier 3 Semi-Final. EDIT: I have decided to have people vote for two songs from this one, since there are SO many songs they could've been their own respective album threads.

So,

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO FAVORITE TRACKS

Again, if anyone has a problem with this method and the flipping back and forth, let me know, and I will think of another way to do this :up:.

EDIT 2: If you saw the original title of this thread, I erroneously included The Rolling Stones, Now! but that actually goes with Out of Our Heads. My Mistake.

:grumpy: Interference makes you wait to include the poll until the thread has already posted. I've never understood that and it's always been that way. You'd think that's something we wouldn't still be dealing with.

And in case Laz or anyone else was wondering:

"Good Times, Bad Times"
"Congratulations"
"Grown Up Wrong"
"What a Shame"
"Off the Hook"

Those are the originals of this lot.

I didn't like some of the covers on this one as much, but in general, it was nice to hear the band so quickly sounding like what I expect the Stones from the following years to sound like.

They certainly don't sound like a wedding party band anymore, at any rate.

And in case Laz or anyone else was wondering:

"Good Times, Bad Times"
"Congratulations"
"Grown Up Wrong"
"What a Shame"
"Off the Hook"

Those are the originals of this lot.

Time Is On My Side isn't theirs? Hmm. That's the only one on the tracklist I think I've even heard.

Probably won't be voting until we get to Aftermath, which is the earliest release I own/am familiar with.

Yeah, I was surprised as well.

I'm torn between Time Is On KY Side and Grown Up All Wrong.

It's All Over Now easily gets my vote, though.

I don't think we'll need a finals poll for this round...those two in the lead will clearly move on.

I'll leave it open til the end and see, but if people are cool with that, then we'll move on :wink:.

Yeah, I think the two in front are clear cut enough for us to move on to the next round. I'll get it started shortly...unless a bunch of people plan on voting in the next thirty minutes :angry:.

Back
Top Bottom