The Rolling Stones...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonriver

The Fly
OK, I admit...I love the Rolling Stones..maybe this post should be in Zoo confessionals...:sexywink:
This summer I'm going to see them twice!
I always liked them, but at the moment I'm really into them. It's just feelgood rock for me...I can't help it. It such a shame I wasn't yet around in the sixties....cause I love their old stuff. I can't compare it with U2, cause that'll always be my band :love:...the music and lyrics go deeper...just totally different. Ohoh...I'm drifting off!
My question was:does anyone here likes the Stones as well?

I :heart: The Stones. My parents took me to see them once on their Bridges to Babylon Tour and once on their No Security Tour. Incredible! :love:

Stones have some really good tunes. I didn't realize the breadth of their work until I heard all their "best" songs on their latest compilation. Too bad I couldn't have appreciated them earlier... but I wasn't born in the right decade.

yeah, i'm a huge stones fan. in fact there have always been two bands in my life that i've loved equally - way above everything else in musi.... stones and u2.

my first love was u2 though, in 1981 when i was eight years old i really got into them after my dad bought boy and october. my brother got me interested in the stones in 1986. without exaggerating i can say that i listened to the stones' music for at least two hours a day, seven days a week, from '86 to about '92. after that the periodical listen, such as with u2 (to whom i've listeed more for the last three years for example), came. all their music is written deep in my soul. i always wanted to be keith he's my hero. i not only like their old stuff, what they do nowadays still beats most other music by length.

my favorite song: stray cat blues
my favorite album: exile on main street

if someone's interested, i indicated in the cd exchange thread that i can make an ultimate rolling stones mix ;-). and i really can!

:happy: :hyper: So glad that y'all like the Stones too!
And I understand the feeling of being born in the wrong decade, cujo...would have love to be able to see the Stones live in the late sixties and seventies....and other bands ofcourse!
And the first gigs and clubtours of U2....:drool: It would have been great...but hey, should be happy with what we've got....:yes

And btw Flaming Friar Sr; that ultimate Stonesmix sounds good...tell me more!

Moonriver said:
And btw Flaming Friar Sr; that ultimate Stonesmix sounds good...tell me more!

well I can create the best cd filled entirely with rolling stones' music. it probably will contain songs from all era's. i'll only pick songs that are my personal faves. since the stones are that huge a lot of songs may sound familiair to the one who gets the cd, but i doubt that a lot of people would know all tunes, since i'll throw in some obscure material as well.

the stones have so many hidden gems besides the mega hits!!!

I :heart: the Stones!!

Start Up!
Ruby Tuesday
Sympathy for the Devil
Jumpin Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction

*just some of their songs that I like!! I have way to many favorites to list :yes:

mickns1.jpg

cujo said:
Stones have some really good tunes. I didn't realize the breadth of their work until I heard all their "best" songs on their latest compilation. Too bad I couldn't have appreciated them earlier... but I wasn't born in the right decade.

Ditto.

My family loves the Stones' music, and I'd always liked it, but I've really started appreciating their music more and more ever since I saw that concert on HBO, and since getting that 40 Licks CD for Christmas. They're now one of my top 3 bands.

They've got fantastic songs. There's a reason why they are a classic band. They have earned all the recognition and respect that they get in the music business.

I would love to see them (along with many other bands) live. Perhaps someday I will.

In the meantime, hope you have fun when you see them in concert. :). Knowing them, I'm sure you will.

Angela

Last edited:
My first Stones show, East Lansing MI on the Voodoo Lounge tour 1994. The closest I have come to the U2 type concert high at a non U2 show. I have seen them on every tour since. We have discussed it before but The Stones and Bruce Springsteen just have that something live that can only be explained by experiencing it first hand, like U2.

My favorite Stones songs stretch over several eras, Sympathy For The Devil, Undercover Of The Night, Street Fight'n Man and You Got Me Rocking.

Last edited:
Oh, geez, I honestly don't know what my favorite Stones song is.

I have a soft spot for "Ruby Tuesday", and I also really like "Sympathy For The Devil"-I thought the devil's perspective of historic events was a rather interesting way of looking at things.

And I love "Gimme Shelter"-I really like how that song starts out.

And I ADORE "Anybody Seen My Baby?"...

Oh, there's just too many to list.

Angela

Last edited:
:D Very funny that picture with Mick, Homer and Keith! Never saw that one...shame...

I agree that it's nearly impossible to pick a favorite Stonessong...Sympathy for the devil is just a classic...I agree it's one of the best rocksongs ever!

From their newer songs I love;
Anybody seen my baby (Always thought I was the only one, nice to hear that you like it as well, Moonlit Angel)
Keys to my love (a very romantic Mick on this...:wink: )
Undercover of the night
It's only rock 'n roll (Bono sang this last year live with them)

Older ones:

You can't always get what you want
Wild Horses
Under My Thumb
Sitting on a fence

Oh, it's no use...I can't really choose...so I'll just stop for now.
:rolleyes: :wink:

Moonriver said:
Wild Horses

That is one of my all-time favorite songs. :heart: Definitely my fave Stones tune.

I also really love "Always Suffering" from Bridges To Babylon...I listen to that one a lot.

Back
Top Bottom