The Rolling Stone Survivor - Aftermath - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST favorite

• Mother's Little Helper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under My Thumb

• Doncha Bother Me

• High and Dry

• It's Not Easy

• I Am Waiting

• What to Do

• Paint It Black

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE TRACK

So, despite much more conversation, there were half the votes in the previous round than the first, leading to a triple elimination that included one of my favorite tracks from the album, Stupid Girl. Also getting the ax: Lady Jane and Flight 505.

This leaves us with 11 songs remaining and 3 going through to the next tier.

It has been suggested that we just move forward with Paint it Black, Under my Thumb and Mother's Little Helper. Until I get a few more voices agreeing, I will be moving forward with the usual survivor rules for the remaining "popular" albums, and will only return to the vote for your favorite format once we reach the 80s stuff.

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE TRACK

Yeah, Paint It Black and Under My Thumb are the two best shits here.

Good on the Stones for giving a nod to U2 with the Paint It Black version, here.

Man, look at all those good songs already out.

The only reason I didn't vote last round was because I thought there was a consensus that voting for favorites should determine what goes through at this early point. Otherwise, I would have voted strategically to keep Lady Jane around.

I apologize for screwing things up for this album. I'm... Gonna go ahead and make the decision to move ahead Monday with Between the Buttons and just send forward the three obvious choices.

I knew a survivor for this band's early albums would be difficult, but yeash.

Random Stones question here, thought I'd post it in this thread even though it has nothing to do with Aftermath.

Who is playing that awesome piano part towards the end of Sway? Is it just some session musician or is it a band member?

I could wiki it but I like you people better than most of the rest of the internet.

And of course thats what happens when you assume.

Strangely after posting that response, I went to the beach and continued reading "Life" by Keef, and got to a part where he mentioned Nicky Hopkins and I had a strange suspicion that Stu could be the wrong answer after that.

Back
Top Bottom