The rock "hidden gem" of the 90's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
After Daniel Lanois worked with U2 on Achtung Baby, he once again underwent a personal reinvention as a musician and recording artist. Much like working on The Joshua Tree influenced his work on his acclaimed debut "Acadie", I feel his work on Achtung Baby influenced what would become a true gem of the decade, a sadly overlooked rock masterpiece.

Danny Lanois' second album "For the Beauty of Wynona" is one of the most beautiful and complete rock albums I've ever heard. As you'd expect, the production on the album carries the same hypnotical spacial sonics of most of Lanois' work. But underneath the surface lay some of the most enjoyable and inspired songs of the decade. There's a ton of variety among the album's 12 tracks, yet the album remains remarkably consistent. There isn't a single weak track (aside possibly a short instrumental, but it really work well within the context of the album). Overall, this is an eclectic rock masterpiece with an amazing production, and everyone who's a fan of Lanois' production style or his other solo material, or just good music in general owes it to themself to check this out.

It's also the most removed from his other albums as well, though I'd also reccomend everone check out Acadie as well, a beautiful New-Orleans jazz, folk inspired masterpiece in its own right.

For_the_Beauty_of_Wynona.jpg

May I also add that this is one of the key albums that inspired me to pursue a career in Audio Production. But that honor really applies to Daniel Lanois in general. :love:

Back
Top Bottom