The Ring - as in that marriage thing....bling bling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
How do you buy the right ring size for your girlfriend without hinting at a marriage proposal?

For instance, how do I find her ring size without (a) asking her, or (b) making it too obvious. I could try to get one of her rings and find the size, but she NEVER takes her rings off, so I would have to ask her to....

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas???

often people buy them and once you give it her you can go back in (she can take it in and have it sized after you give it to her)

I've heard of people sneakily measuring while she's sleeping but not sure how well that works.

If you want it to be a suprise and can't get one of her ring finger rings to bring in she'll have to get it sized later.

Kudos to you for making it a surprise. I did the same thing for my wife. :up:

I think I used a slip of paper on an existing ring I found in her apartment. You can also wrap a slip of paper around her finger while sleeping for the measurement.

Good luck!!

nbcrusader said:
Kudos to you for making it a surprise. I did the same thing for my wife. :up:

I think I used a slip of paper on an existing ring I found in her apartment. You can also wrap a slip of paper around her finger while sleeping for the measurement.

Good luck!!

We have "talked" of marriage, but there's nothing better than a sweet surprise, especially in a proposal.

Do you have any suggestions for me if she "wakes" up whilst I am measuring her finger? :wink:

tackleberry said:
Do you have any suggestions for me if she "wakes" up whilst I am measuring her finger? :wink:
Quickly hide the slip of paper, and tell her you thought you saw a spider on her hand, and were trying to get rid of it without waking her up.

tackleberry said:

We have "talked" of marriage, but there's nothing better than a sweet surprise, especially in a proposal.

Tell her you were gonna surprise her with a set of fingercuffs.

Back
Top Bottom