The retirement of "that big eared son of a bitch."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
reggieshot5.jpg

I hated Reggie Miller. Hated him. Much like Red Sox fans grew up hating Bucky Dent, I grew up hating Reggie Miller. No one... even the His Royal Airness himself, brought the kind of buzz to The Garden like Reggie. Jordan would kill the Knicks, yes. But he did it methodicly... right from the opening tip, straight through to the final buzzer. There was nothing you could do about it, you just accepted it. But Reggie... Reggie was different. The Knicks could be winning... at home... by 20 points... in the 4th quarter... and you still feared Reggie. You feared him because of his 25 point quarterly outbursts. You feared him because of 8 points in 8.9 seconds. You feared him because the Knicks could be rolling along, the Pacers could be playing like crap, Reggie himself could be doing nothing... but all of a sudden, one bad look from Spike Lee and a 15 point lead turned into a 5 point defecit. You were shocked... you couldn't believe it, even though you've seen it happen a million times before. No matter what the situation, when Reggie raised to shoot, you stopped breathing... you couldn't believe it might happen again... and then it did. And your entire day... week... month... was ruined... up until the next game two days later, when you'd do it all over again. Ahh those were the days...

And now, Reggie is retiring. And the Knicks are the worst run franchise in sports. And I yearn for the days when Reggie would break my heart. At least back then we had a chance.

Last edited:
Reggie Miller is still playing? I guess I knew he was still around, but I hadn't heard about him in years.

He was and probably still is a great player, but his loyalty to the Pacers kept him from a championship. This loyalty is a good lesson for all of us; sometimes finishing first isn't everything. I mean, Miller was an amazing team-player, who regularly assumed role of captain, but never hogged the ball (well, mostly).

Great career.

Great, sweet person too.

seriously, just looking at the fans reactions is priceless

they all already know he is gonna make it and are devestated

When I saw this thread title, I wondered if Prince Charles had declared his decision to abdicate the throne.

I hated Reggie because he was so good and would always beat up on those poor Knicks. But in hindsight, I enjoyed his competitive fire. That fire seems to be lacking in basketball nowadays.

I hated him too, but he's best in what he has done-3pointers, and now NBA is shit, i fall asleep when i watch new 'stars' Libanon James, Karas Melo Entoni...
That's not basketball. I was watching Wizards-Bulls and when they were passing, the ball was bouncing off their hands.
Guess you had to be there.
Reggie, MJ, Scottie, Ewing, Hakeem...:sad: they are gone, not coming back, up with the sun..

Back
Top Bottom