The Replacements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
Any Replacements and/or Paul Westerberg fans here? Fess up now...

"Within Your Reach" makes my :heart: skip a beat sometimes. Just thot I'd share with ya'll.

Skyway, The Regular, Bastards Of Young, Little Mascara, Can't Hardly Wait, Alex Chilton, Left Of the Dial, Satisfied, oh my god, they have SO many great songs! I hit a major phase 1 or 2 times a year where they are the BEST rock band ever!

I LOVE this band. I can listen to Skyway over and over and over. Same goes for most of their songs I guess. Paul's first solo work was incredible too. His latest was just so so IMO.

It's definitely worth picking up the 2 disc Best of. Very cool compilation.

----------------------------------------------

General Wesley Clark for President

DraftWesleyClark.com

Last edited:
HIS....KISS ME, ON THE BUS

The Mats......

fell in love with these guys just before moving to Minnesota.

They opened for Elvis Costello in 1991 at Madison Square Garden...one of the most memorable performances I have ever seen. After doing the standard 45 minute opening band set, the lights came up...and the people booed. The band walked balk on stage and STARTED PLAYING. Their equiptment was being carted off, but they still played. And then the sound tech shut them off. Needless to say, Elvis Costello sucked after that.

Westerberg played a few nights at this great theater in Minneapolis last summer. I sat in the second row. It was great. It was him, a couch, and his guitars. People shouted requests, and he shouted out back at them "no...no...hmmm...ok!" It was amazing.

I love the Mats. I lived the Skyway.

Thank you HOS....for starting an outstanding thread.

Love them!!!! Some of my favorites:

*I Will Dare
*Kiss Me On the Bus
*Bastards of Young
*Alex Chilton
*Skyway
*I'll Be You
*Can't Hardly Wait
*Red Red Wine
*Achin' to Be
*Little Mascara

...etc.

Oh and how can we forget 'Gary's Got a Boner'? :sexywink:

The Mats meant so much me when I was VERY young.....
I saw them a long , long time ago and they were AMAZING....drunk....but AMAZING

"This is Ohio...if you don't have a brewski in your hand, then you might as well be wearing a dress."

The high school in Heathers, Westerberg High, was named after Paul cos Winona was such a big fan. Consider this your useless knowledge of the day....

Sincerely,

The Barrel of Useless Knowledge

~LadyLemon~ said:
"The high school in Heathers, Westerberg High, was named after Paul cos Winona was such a big fan. Consider this your useless knowledge of the day....

Sincerely,

The Barrel of Useless Knowledge

Hi Barrel!

*pours some more useless knowledge into barrel.

Winona was named after the town she was born in (minnesota...same state that Paul and the band hails from).

you want more...Paul went to a Catholic High School in Minneapolis....I worked in the school...Paul really hasn't changed (looks-wise) since HS.

Paul's sister changed her name to escape his shadow...but is one of the best morning radio personalities I have ever had the chance to listen to. She did morning on, um, ZONE105 (my namesake).

Woo hoo barrel. Getting full now!

A big :der: for me.

a band I have enjoyed listening to in the past three months

when I manage to get enough cash I am going to run to the store, grab the owner by the lapels and scream for a copy of Tim

fantastic band. ive played pleasded to meet me a zillion times back then. my fave song is nevermind. i also got a couple of westerberg solo cds, theyre very good but not great like pleased to meet me. somehow i bever got to buying other replacement cds. ill definitely make up some day.

Back
Top Bottom