THE reason to love Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has anyone heard MARIANNE??

the most rock and roll (even punkish) song EVER by Coldplay

"oh, sweet marianne
you're the only one I've ever looooooooved" :drool: :rockon:

Chris Martin does a great version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

He has a sweet mellow voice that is only ruined by overusing a bad falsetto.

It would make listening to Coldplay more enjoyable for me if he stopped that shit. Well, that and the guitarist learning more than two chords for a song.

Mogi said:
Loved the first two albums, but my god, x&Y is some of the most contrived crap I´ve heard in my life. They just seem too needy on that album. Okay guys, we know you want to be the biggest band in the world and better than U2, but for chrissakes!

X&Y actually lost me money. My friend and I were out for a nighttime drive back in '04 - top down, country road, Clocks on the stereo. I said, "The next Coldplay album will be classic." "Nah," said my friend. "It'll be kind of okay." We shook on it.
Six months later the album came out. I cut my friend a check. Chris Martin owes me money.
Come to think of it, he's such a U2 fan, he's probably lurking on these boards somewhere. Chris, if you're out there, PM me. I won't reveal your username.

elevation2u said:
did you see when Conan O'brien joined him on
..Merry Little Xmas?
:love:

That's actually on the Christmas CD I mentioned in LMP's Christmas mix thread.

Hang a shining star upon the highest asheeba...bouuugggghhhhh

TheQuiet1 said:
What about A Rush of Blood to the Head (the song)? I thought it was a brilliant song, one of AROBTTH's best but no-one ever seems to mention it.

I agree, love that song :drool:

Coldplay existed to write one song, and that song is Don't Panic. Simple and perfect.

they have many other great songs though, mostly from A Rush of Blood. Moses is pretty awesome too, I'm surprised it never ended up on an album. X&Y has some good songs but even the songs that are good musically suck lyrically (like A Message...the second verse breakdown is beautiful, but the lyrics are so cliche - "my song is love?") overall they definitely bombed with that one. about half of it is good, if that.

Back
Top Bottom