the REAL coca-cola classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a poll, since everyone loves polls.

• yes, i love it.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • yes, i hate it.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • i've never seen this before?!

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
soooo...has anyone recently had real coke? as in made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup? i picked some up at the store today and was blown away by the lack of aftertaste that feels like it's eating away at the enamel in your teeth.

i was able to find it in a store because of passover. it seems jewish laws don't allow drinks made with corn syrup so coke makes them with sugar for jewish holidays. i went to a store in a jewish area and found it with no problem.

tip: look for a yellow cap, not the standard red.

I don't drink it with any kind of sugar, just aspartame. Mainly because I can't stand the gritty feeling on the teeth.

I work with Orthodox Jews. Should be able to get this Coke no problem. Shall speak to a couple of them this week...

who cares... COCA COLA RULES!!!

IN ANY FORMAT

like a friend says, if there could be a third knob in my kitchen and/or bathroom sink, and that knob was for COKE, I will trully be happy ever after

tiny dancer said:
I heard that there is a new Coke, with Lime added to it.
:yes: i'm going to have to try it. nothing beats cherry coke though :drool:

especially if it's homemade (like adding your own cherries to the coke i mean) :drool: sonic does that...

if i feel like being indulgent i'll get their island fire burger with no veggies and a cherry coke :drool:

I was looking in Shop Rite today for this alleged jewish-friendly coke you talk about. Couldn't find it. Saw C2 and Coke w/ lime but not this one. Maybe it's not available on the east coast? :shrug:

:hmm: i first heard about it on another website, i can't remember if people in a certain region couldn't find it or what.

and now i got myself all in the mood for something i can't have, fuck :(

The softdrink industry is the only industry allowed to use the phrasing "and/or" on it's butrional facts labels.

They switched from sugar to HFCS when sugar prices rose because of sugar tarriffs in the mid-1980s.

The concept of "new coke," considered a huge failure, is actually the subject of much controversy. Some say that Coca-Cola came out with the New Coke formula to disguise the fact that they were changing the Original formulation to HFCS instead of sugar. It is a clear and marked difference, and New Coke was solely on shelves long enough for all Original Coke to expire, go bad etc... about 1.5 years. Coca-Cola Classic was brought back with the changed formula, and that is what we drink today in the US. Other countries, where sugar is still cheaper, such as Mexico, use sugar instead of HFCS.

Kosher for Passover Coca-Cola, Diet Coke (no change), Sprite, Schweppes Ginger Ale, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi can be found in areas of high Jewish concentration, such as New York/New Jersey/Conneticuit, Detroit etc...

It is produced in specific plants, on specific production lines. Coke, on the eastern half of the US, has produced it in 2L bottles and 6pk cans at plant KE (Elmsford, NY) and AX (Alexandria, VA). You can see the plant code on the neck of the bottle, bottom of the can as this: Apr2605KEA### - the A is the day of the week, so Monday. That can of Coke expired today.

Pepsi is producing there Kosher offerings at its Piscataway, NJ plant.

Another interesting soda note: Diet Coke, as we know and love it, was based off of New Coke, NOT Coca-Cola Classic. This June, Coke is releasing Coke ZERO which will be a Diet Coca-Cola Classic. There will also be a Diet Coke with Splenda as well.

Coke II, or New Coke, was last produced in the United States by the old Chicago bottler HerbCo. (Plants RX1, RX2, RX3, MD) When they were bought out by Coca-Cola Enterprises, production was stopped. Rumors swirl that it is still made in California for export only. It is still sold in Micronesia (www.kospn.com) according to their website.

Anyway, that's all for soda for me today.

Whew.

pepokiss said:
who cares... COCA COLA RULES!!!

IN ANY FORMAT

like a friend says, if there could be a third knob in my kitchen and/or bathroom sink, and that knob was for COKE, I will trully be happy ever after

Yes!! If I was rich, I'd like to have a McDonald's Coke fountain installed in my house because the Coke from McDonald's is the best.

I have a big problem with aspartime... not because it's a bad sweetener or anything. Just something about it turning mildly carcinogenic if heated about 40'C, ie, if you leave it in your car. Maybe I'm just making that up. *shrug* I'm still under the impression it's not good for you, but then again, what is?

I prefer Canadian Coke to German Coke, though, I know that much.

I hate coke, I hate diet Coke, I hate Pepsi... I hate every single cola soda that exist

I hate everything

I hate you all

:wink: :wave: :happy:

I'm really happy right now!

CampbellMSU said:
Some say that Coca-Cola came out with the New Coke formula to disguise the fact that they were changing the Original formulation to HFCS instead of sugar.
i hope you're not one of those people! :eyebrow:

i've got a question for you though since you seem to know so much about coke. :wink: they don't make coke 2 anymore, not even in chicago? because i knew for the longest time you could still buy it in chicago-area stores. is this not the case anymore? it's been a long time since i've heard about it so i'm not doubting you, i'm just wanting to know for sure. i've always wanted to try new coke just out of curiosity and i do know some people in the chicago areaa. :hmm:

CampbellMSU said:
The softdrink industry is the only industry allowed to use the phrasing "and/or" on it's butrional facts labels.

They switched from sugar to HFCS when sugar prices rose because of sugar tarriffs in the mid-1980s.

The concept of "new coke," considered a huge failure, is actually the subject of much controversy. Some say that Coca-Cola came out with the New Coke formula to disguise the fact that they were changing the Original formulation to HFCS instead of sugar. It is a clear and marked difference, and New Coke was solely on shelves long enough for all Original Coke to expire, go bad etc... about 1.5 years. Coca-Cola Classic was brought back with the changed formula, and that is what we drink today in the US. Other countries, where sugar is still cheaper, such as Mexico, use sugar instead of HFCS.

Kosher for Passover Coca-Cola, Diet Coke (no change), Sprite, Schweppes Ginger Ale, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi can be found in areas of high Jewish concentration, such as New York/New Jersey/Conneticuit, Detroit etc...

It is produced in specific plants, on specific production lines. Coke, on the eastern half of the US, has produced it in 2L bottles and 6pk cans at plant KE (Elmsford, NY) and AX (Alexandria, VA). You can see the plant code on the neck of the bottle, bottom of the can as this: Apr2605KEA### - the A is the day of the week, so Monday. That can of Coke expired today.

Pepsi is producing there Kosher offerings at its Piscataway, NJ plant.

Another interesting soda note: Diet Coke, as we know and love it, was based off of New Coke, NOT Coca-Cola Classic. This June, Coke is releasing Coke ZERO which will be a Diet Coca-Cola Classic. There will also be a Diet Coke with Splenda as well.

Coke II, or New Coke, was last produced in the United States by the old Chicago bottler HerbCo. (Plants RX1, RX2, RX3, MD) When they were bought out by Coca-Cola Enterprises, production was stopped. Rumors swirl that it is still made in California for export only. It is still sold in Micronesia (www.kospn.com) according to their website.

Anyway, that's all for soda for me today.

Whew.

Impressive...

Do you know if this Coke Zero would be the same as Coca Cola Light which is being sold in Europe? (which is much better than Diet Coke)...

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I have a big problem with aspartime... not because it's a bad sweetener or anything. Just something about it turning mildly carcinogenic if heated about 40'C, ie, if you leave it in your car. Maybe I'm just making that up. *shrug* I'm still under the impression it's not good for you, but then again, what is?

I prefer Canadian Coke to German Coke, though, I know that much.

The concern with Aspartame is that it contains phenylalanine, an amino acid which has been tied to the growth of solid tumors (brain) in rats.

However, there is more phenylalanine in eggs than in Coke, and more in fruit juice than a Diet Coke.

You cannot humanely consume the levels of phenylalanine through Diet Coke which would cause the tumorigenesis shown in the animal experiments I mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom