The Re-gifter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So its the Holidays now. I was driving home from work tonight, and it was the subject on 97.1 fm, the john and jeff show, and I called in to talk and laugh about re-gifting. ok, Im 27, and I talked about how my mother sends away all the time to win Vacations, and they always send her a second place prize. I usually end up with that for Christmas. Last year, my sister got a new car, ( trying not to laugh) but I got, beef Jerky, corona flip flops, and a shot glass chess set. and its all the stuff that she wins from sending puffy painted envelopes to sweepstakes. I am the worst actor ever, cause when I open the gifts, its so hard for me not to laugh, so I start going " wow, look at all the features of this shot glass checkers set, you can put water, or tequila in them, or just play chckers with nothing in them". I am so bad at acting like I like it, but my mom never picks up on it. haha, and I hate beef jerky, so this year I told her I didnt want anything, Im 27, so she shouldnt be giving me anything anyways. But have you ever re-gifted anything, I am guilty of re-gifting this blender I got once.

DeadMansParty said:
I start going " wow, look at all the features of this shot glass checkers set, you can put water, or tequila in them, or just play chckers with nothing in them".

:lmao:

You can send me the beef jerky. :drool:

My office mate gave me some expensive stinky soap someone had given her. She hates gifts with scents, would never ever ever buy one for someone, so I knew she was regifting. I was actually a little bit offended because she should know I hate scented gifts as well and threw it in the trash as soon as I got home. We've shared an office for 5 years and pretty much know everything about each other in terms of likes and dislikes so how she could not know that I wouldn't like the soaps anymore than she did is beyond me.

I have a wallet that my mother gave me about 8 years ago. It's still in the box and is exactly the kind of wallet she would buy for herself. Should I re-gift it back to her? She probably wouldn't remember and would really like it. :reject:

Last edited:
^ Getting Re-Gifted with a twist of feeling dissed.

My father in law is a pastor of a sizable church, so people buy him weird crap all the time.

The funny thing is though, whenever he gets a crap gift and I am around he smiles, thanks the person and then looks at me and winks. That means I am going to get that gift for Christmas.

Two years ago, I received 4 Lord of the Rings mugs from Burger King that light up.

Please people, remember just because a man or a woman uses something as an example in a sermon - it doesn't mean they want all things marketable from said illustration.

:|

So, I guess I am asking, "Does anyone want 4 really cool LOTR mugs?"

:wink:

Dalton said:

So, I guess I am asking, "Does anyone want 4 really cool LOTR mugs?"

Put 'em up on ebay. People will buy anything. A friend of mine bought a book on how to repair clocks for $8 in some old junk store and as a joke, and a test, put it up on ebay. Sold for 60 bucks. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:

Put 'em up on ebay. People will buy anything. A friend of mine bought a book on how to repair clocks for $8 in some old junk store and as a joke, and a test, put it up on ebay. Sold for 60 bucks. :wink:

So, I guess what I am asking is, "Does anyone want to bid on my newest ebay auction...."

:drool:

my hubby and I regifted the ugliest set of dishes for his cousins wedding....:tsk: complete with a homemade card:| ........we normally are great gift givers but we really bombed there.

Hello my name is Karen and I have re-gifted.:sad: I felt really bad but I was very careful not to re-gift the gift so that the original gift giver would ever know. Is that evil?

Maybe we should turn this thread into a re-gift and gift trading thread! Especially with the holidays coming up! We can list things we were given that we don't want to keep and we could trade!

Back
Top Bottom