the re-emergence of the nhl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have many folks seen the "updated" NHL logo? The commissioned designer for the project certainly took Gary Bettman's philosophy of the re-vamped and refreshed league to Hart. Ideas like progressive optimism, new directions, and an image that related more to the greatest symbol of the league (the Stanley Cup) are evident in the graphic. The only real modifications were the shifting of the name and font (to the future!), and of course the silver.

Something Old:

30.gif

Something Almost New:

nhl_trans_logo.gif

(both images were on Something Blue! hahahah! yes, I do suck)

:sexywink:

I'm a fan of the new crest simply for the subtle changes that were made representing the mandate of the league. Most organizations go overboard with creating a new identity symbol, but in this instance the logo is still recognizable. The predecessor crest, for me, was too reminiscent of the Campbell and (Prince of} Wales Conference times. Besides, it was orange.

Last edited:
it is about time a new logo was had.

it is distinctive from the common red, white and blue of other leagues.

AvsGirl41 said:
I wish I could find news on some of my favorite European players. It's like they've disappeared off the face of the earth.

Just like in the playoffs.

:sexywink:

And I would know.

:superfrown:

~curtis joseph of arrgghhh

Last edited:
I always thought "creepy dog" because of his posting style. God knows, our Cujo could not stop even himself at a shot at a perfect/unperfect pun.

~SCORE!

I suck at BAD at Cujo's game - I will carry-on know, knowing I should NEVER try a pun again

Bob Goodenow just resigned as head of the NHLPA. Good job Bob, you really showed the owners who's boss and did wonders for the players union in any future labor wars. :huh:

Pronger going to Edmonton... for serious?

Amonte going to Calgary... for serious?

Old men going to Florida... yeah, I'll buy that.

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.

Let the parity and chaotic prosperity begin for the new-face NHL.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom