The Raveonettes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
I saw The Raveonettes in concert on Friday night opening up for Interpol. I couldn't get a real feel for their aesthetic because the vocals were poorly mixed in, and I was transfixed by their Mac laptop their drummer was using. :crazy:

Have any of you heard this band or have any comments?

Apparently they're not that popular in Denmark (where they're from). So much of their stuff sounds the same to me. :shrug:

meegannie said:
Apparently they're not that popular in Denmark (where they're from). So much of their stuff sounds the same to me. :shrug:

Wow! Okay cool.. I was wondering how they were perceived abroad and what not.

They are pretty campy on record and on film - but live.. I dunno.. it was pretty boring and very repetitive. They were also 90 minutes late to the stage. :slant:

I like the Attack of the Ghost Riders song. I've listened to bits of all the other songs, didnt care for the rest from what I heard.

They did all sound the same to me too.

i didn't really like the few songs i heard, someone at the campus radio station thinks they're the best band he's heard in a long time, but he also listens to radio static :shrug:

i'm serious, he does listen to radio static. we went for pizza after a station meeting and he was telling me about this 100 disc box set by a guy who does all this freaky electronic stuff. it was radio static with intermitenet beeping noises.

Back
Top Bottom