The proofreader is on vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
See if you can find as many typos as I did in this paragraph from the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert website. :wink:

I guess the big corporations are cutting costs by having 3rd graders maintain their websites :shrug:

WELCOME

Announcing the completion of our Multi-Million dollar hotel renovation in July of 2003. Enjoy an Executive, Business class or Leisure style guestroom. Start your day off right with our Complimentary "Express Start Breakfast" in the hotel's 3-stroy atrium lobby or on the new market terace patio. In addition to breakfast watch the events of the day on the 47" plasma screen TV and notice the new decor that includes fine leather furniture and granit throughout. In the heart of the "World Captial of Golf" this award winning quality preformer hotel, known for it's "Friendly and Helpful Staff," awaits your next visit. Stay where the leaders stay. Players from the PGA, LPGA and Senior PGA have made this hotel their home away from home.

When you are ready to unwind, take advantage of our large heated pool and spa, play an invigorating game of tennis or shuffleboard or workout in the executive gym. Enjoy the lush lawns, mature trees, mature trees and beautiful flower beds, all in a residental park-like setting. All rooms have private patios or balconies.

Our hotel is centrally located to over 100 "World Class Golf Courses" and Coachella Valley's corporate Community. Minutes from the fashionable El Paseo Shopping District, the Bob Hope McCallum Performing Arts Center, Indian Wells Tennis Gardens, La Quinta Art Festival and World Famous Palm Springs.

Could enjoy the mature trees and the mature trees in the three-stroy atrium too?

:laugh: Those were my two favorite...

WELCOME

Announcing the completion of our multi-million dollar hotel renovation in July of 2003 (sentence fragment). Enjoy an Executive, Business class, or Leisure style guestroom. Start your day off right with our complimentary "Express Start Breakfast" in the hotel's 3-story atrium lobby or on the new market terace patio. In addition to breakfast watch the events of the day on the 47" plasma screen TV and notice the new decor that includes fine leather furniture and granite throughout. In the heart of the "World Captial of Golf" this award winning quality preformer hotel (huh?), known for it's "Friendly and Helpful Staff," awaits your next visit. Stay where the leaders stay. Players from the PGA, LPGA and Senior PGA have made this hotel their home away from home.

When you are ready to unwind, take advantage of our large heated pool and spa, play an invigorating game of tennis or shuffleboard or workout in the executive gym. Enjoy the lush lawns, mature trees, mature trees (that's a lot of mature trees)and beautiful flower beds, all in a residental park-like setting. All rooms have private patios or balconies.

Our hotel is centrally located to over 100 "World Class" Golf Courses and Coachella Valley's corporate Community. Minutes from the fashionable El Paseo Shopping District, the Bob Hope McCallum Performing Arts Center, Indian Wells Tennis Gardens, La Quinta Art Festival and world famous Palm Springs.

There are other capitalization errors and a lot of poor sentence structure.

i guess they've never heard of spell check :lol:

earlier this week when i posted in the "Isabel's a comin" thread, i copied a paragraph from the National Weather Service about why hurricanes are given actual names insntead of numbers...i found 4 typos in the first two paragraphs :laugh:

Call me a nerd all you want :madspit:

I think a major corporation light Holiday Inn could at least put together an intelligent paragraph describing one of their hotels!

At least it's not a COUNTING thread zoney :wave:

Bono's American Wife said:
Call me a nerd all you want :madspit:

I think a major corporation light Holiday Inn could at least put together an intelligent paragraph describing one of their hotels!

At least it's not a COUNTING thread zoney :wave:

Most likely it was written by the Hotel Manager...or maybe someone who works at the front desk. There are a lot of "big chain hotels" that have holding companies that run different properties in different areas. I was a bellhop in college (good tips - no funny hats) for a company called Prime Hotels....they had a raddison, Holiday iinn, a few ramadas, etc.

No, it is not counting....but did anyone catch MVD ironic humor??? Very smart...spelling grammar wrong! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom