The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, that would be awesome.

I still have a couple VHS tapes around of Nitro that I recorded. My favorite being the one where Ric Flair comes back from his heart attack and challenges Eric Bischoff by throwing all of his clothes and money around the ring.

So, will I have to watch those events if I want to see him, or do you think he'll eventually show up at Raw? I would imagine he does, cause they have to build up the hype, at least.

I hope he shows up on Raw soon. I'm sure the WWE Universe (fans) would love to hear what he has to say. I know McMahon has been trying to sign Sting for decades, but Sting was always loyal to the companies that he worked for. He was with TNA for 12 years after his time in WCW and was the only one who didn't sign with WWE after his AOL/Time Warner deal expired.

I'll probably set a series recording for RAW and see if it sticks with me, or not. I can't stand watching it live, it's way, way too long with all of the commercial breaks, so being able to fast forward will be nice. Even back in the 90s, I used to record Nitro and then fast forward, for the same reason.

For probably the last decade or so, Raw has been hit or miss. Some shows flow well and it's mostly entertaining, but some shows are bowling shoe ugly and you don't even remember what happened the following week. Recording it and skipping past the commercials is always the best way to go. Nitro had a good run from '96 to '98, but after that, the show declined steadily. WCW only cared about high ratings for Nitro and neglected any long term booking as a result. I wanted WCW to succeed because it forced the WWF to change their product to compete with them. Once WCW lost their shows, the party was over.

For probably the last decade or so, Raw has been hit or miss. Some shows flow well and it's mostly entertaining, but some shows are bowling shoe ugly and you don't even remember what happened the following week. Recording it and skipping past the commercials is always the best way to go. Nitro had a good run from '96 to '98, but after that, the show declined steadily. WCW only cared about high ratings for Nitro and neglected any long term booking as a result. I wanted WCW to succeed because it forced the WWF to change their product to compete with them. Once WCW lost their shows, the party was over.
Yeah. Not that I've watched in many years but I get the sense that the "anything can happen on Monday night" feeling is gone.

I found it strange that they had, what, four title matches last night? Wasn't there a PPV event on Sunday?

Yes and the PPV was Survivor Series which is a PPV that traditionally features mostly tag team elimination bouts. The Main Event was Team Cena vs. Team Authority. Thanks to the help of Sting, Dolph Ziggler was able to score the final pinfall for Team Cena and rid WWE of The Authority. The PPV did have a quick Divas title match which Nikki Bella won by defeating champion, AJ Lee. Nikki is now the new champ.

Wow, this is the 1000th post on the Pro Wrestling Thread. It took 7 1/2 years to get here. Crazy.

Time to start another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom