The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...Ric Flair's farewell address on Monday Night Raw was emotional. The Four Horsemen came out, his fat son David and family, Ricky The Dragon Steamboat, Greg Valentine, and so many others.
And Triple H was so eloquent in setting the whole thing up for Ric.

And they saved Shawn Michaels for last.

Michaels beat Flair fair and square at 'Mania, sunday nite and I don't think I've ever seen more compelling television in all my life. My buddy Ed Fortunato, got so emotional, he threw his beer at the wall and screamed, "God, I can't take this!" Right before Shawn superkicked Flair for the THIRD and final time, Flair somehow got to his feet with tears in his eyes, knowing the end had arrived. As he stuggled to keep his feet with tears streaming from his eyes, he nodded to Shawn to do it, and Shawn said "I'm sorry...I love you", and kicked him.....1...2...3

Raw was great last night. I'm not a Ric Flair fan by any means, but I respect his 35 year run in the business.

When Raw went off the air, Taker came out and so did McMahon. I wish they would've shown Taker on TV though, but I guess WWE didn't want him to break character.

But, here's the Bottom Line: The Nature "Boy" is 59 years old, so it was definitely time for him to hang up the tights.

HBK/Batista is GOLD, Jerry, GOLD!!!!

If HHH doesn't win, Orton should retain...

there's only one thing clear

IF CENA WINS, WE RIOT!!!

pepokiss said:

there's only one thing clear

IF CENA WINS, WE RIOT!!!

Spot on!

Raw from London was a good show. I wish i'd known about it a few weeks ago, I might've been able to get a ticket! Loved Y2J gettin it in the chin from Shawn, and nice to see Hacksaw come out for a quick round!

Shame JBL was the one left standing at the end though :madspit:

WWE Backlash Results - April 27, 2008

M.V.P [c] vs. Matt Hardy [United States Championship Match] Matt Hardy introduced first. MVP introduced next. We actually have in ring introductions as well. Referee holds up the belt and we then have a bell. The two circle and lock up. MVP with a single leg takedown and a break. They circle again and MVP kicks Matt in the gut. Back into the corner and Matt delivers right hands, sends MVP to the ropes, who hangs on and slips out quickly. Matt whips MVP again and arm drags him. Two count only. Hardy with a side headlock takeover now. MVP sends Hardy too the corner and charges, Matt counters with a boot, and then follows up with an elbow. MVP answers with a back suplex. Two count for MVP. MVP on the ropes now with Hardy trying to set up a superplex. Matt elbows MVP off and then Moonsaults, but MVP gets the knees up. MVP with an arm wrench submission. Matt hoists MVP up in a crucifix-like position and slams him down backwards. Matt charges MVP and gets belly-to-belly suplexed, MVP with a two count. Hardy tossing punches now he reverses the Playmaker into the Side Effect and gets a two count. Hardy climbs the ropes now, MVP gets up and dropkicks Matt off the ropes, and he lands straddling the turnbuckle. MVP climbs after Matt now and tries a suplex but Matt turns it into a Super Side Effect and hits it. Both men down for a referee count. Two count for Matt as he rolls over in desperation. MVP catches a Hardy boot to the guy. Hardy tries a Twist of Fate, but MVP gets out. MVP charges and hits a running kick to the skull of Matt Hardy. Hardy falls outside of the ring and gets counted to nine. He slides back in at nine and a half, and is greeted with three consecutive MVP kicks to the skull. MVP is taunting Hardy, and hits another kick to the skull. Matt is down and struggling to get up in the corner. MVP charges for one more big boot, Matt ducks and MVP catches the turnbuckle. Matt Hardy quickly hits a Twist of Fate and pins MVP for the 1-2-3. Matt Hardy is your new US Champ. Your Winner: Matt Hardy

Big Show vs. Great Khali The two monsters face off in the ring when the bell rings. Big Show steps up to Khali who is not scared. Khali shoves Show. Show shoves back and Khali delivers punches. Show to the ropes, ducks a clothesline and delivers a punch, Khali with one right back. Show with a headbutt. Khali with a headbutt of his own. Show with another, Khali with another. Show chops Khali, Khali chops Show. Clothesline by Khali that takes Show to the mat. Khali applies a Crossface on the mat. Show gets to his feet and begins to punch Khali, then tries a scoop slam but falls backwards. Khali applies a nerve hold. Show breaks free and gets a Chop to the head. Two count for Khali. Khali applies a Surfboard Submission hold. Crowd chanting boring. Show gets to a vertical based and back elbows his way out of the hold. Show kicks Khali and Scoop Slams him. Two count for Big Show. Khali now tries a Khali Bomb but Show blocks it and slaps on a Choke, hits a Chokeslam and pins Khali. 1-2-3. Your Winner: Big Show

Shawn Michaels vs. Batista [Special Guest Referee Chris Jericho] Chris Jericho is introduced first as the Special Guest Referee. Batista is introduced first. Shawn Michaels makes his way to the ring next. The two come to the center of the ring and Jericho explains the rules. They back into their corners and we have a bell. The two circle and Shawn applies a wristlock but gets back elbowed. Batista in the corner now and gets punched, but sends HBK to the mat, who gets right back up and charges, but then rolls outside of the ring. Shawn back inside now and the two circle again. Shawn with a side headlock, Batista places HBK in the corner and Jericho calls for a break. Shawn quickly turns Batista around into the corner, Batista reverses by shooting HBK off into the corner. Clothesline by Batista. Shawn then follows with a chop block on Batista followed by a short arm scissors somehow. Shawn working on the left arm of Batista right now. Batista tries to stand up with Shawn locked onto his left arm but cannot do it. Instead he rolls back into a pin and gets two. Batista tries to lift Shawn again and this time does it. He has Shawn on his left shoulder, mid-hold, then Shawn hurricanradas Batista over the top rope to the outside. Back inside the ring now and Shawn applies another unique submission. Michaels wrenches back on the arm wrapping it around the rope. Batista to his feet and explodes with a big clothesline now. Both men down. Batista has Shawn in the corner and shoulderblocks him a few times. Batista hits a powerslam and a two count. Michaels applies a Crippler Crossface. He applies it for a while until Batista finally breaks out. HBK rope to rope, ducks a clothesline and hits a flying forearm. HBK nips up, Batista Spears him immediately and gets a two count. HBK on the ropes now and Batista climbs after him. Jericho takes Batista off the ropes. Back up goes Batista and gets shoved down by HBK. HBK climbs and hits the Flying Elbow Drop. Shawn calls for Sweet Chin Music, he starts and Batista Spine Busts Shawn. Then he hoists HBK up for a Batista Bomb. HBK gets dropped to the mat and sells a left knee injury. Shawn to the corner, gets up quickly and snaps off a Sweet Chin Music. Quickly covers Batista and gets the 1-2-3. Your Winner: Shawn Michaels

Mickie James [c], Ashley, Kelly Kelly, Michelle McCool, Cherry, Maria vs. Beth Phoenix, Melina, Layla, Victoria, Jillian, Natalya Michelle McCool starts out with Beth Phoenix. Beth sends Michelle to the corner and charges, she moves and McCool kicks Beth and then tries a hurricanrada, but it is turned into a slam. Melina in now and battles Michelle in McCool’s corner. Mickie James tagged in and kicks Melina but then gets elbowed. Mickie hurricanradas Melina Natalya in now and gets a Neckbreaker for her troubles. Victoria tagged in and she tries a standing Moonsault but Mickie moves. Outside the ring now Cherry goes to the other side of the ring and clocks a diva and now outside all of the divas start to rumble. Back inside and Ashley and Jillian are the legal women and Ashley hurricanradas her down. Ashley sent to the ropes and gets kicked in the back by Phoenix. Phoenix is in now and tries to Double Arm Chicken Wing Ashley but she gets out and crawls for a tag but gets yanked back by Beth. Beth clocks Mickie James off of the apron. James responds by coming in a nod hitting the DDT on her. Victoria slides in and hits Widows Peak on James. McCool in and she clocks Victoria. Melina gets in and Rocker Drops her. Kelly jumps in and kicks Melina. In comes Jillian who gets a kick off and then gets planted by Cherry. Natalya in and suplexes Cherry. Maria Bulldogs Natalya. Ashley in now with Phoenix and Phoenix Fisherman Suplexes her to finish things off. Your Winner: Beth Phoenix, Melina, Jillian, Natalya, Layla, Victoria

Undertaker [c] vs. Edge [World Championship Match] Edge introduced first followed by Undertaker. We have the in-ring introductions. Belt held high, bell rings, and here we go. Taker goes right at Edge and sends him outside of the ring. Edge takes his time getting back inside. Taker clotheslines down Edge who retreats to a corner immediately. Undertaker goes right for Edge and Headbutts him. Taker turns Edge around and tosses him in the corner, applying a boot choke. Short arm shoulderblocks on Edge. Taker goes for an Old School but Edge gets free. Taker on the apron now and Edge baseball slides into Taker sending him back-first into the fan barricade. Speaking of back-first, Edge then leaps from the apron onto Taker who catches him and rams him into the post. Taker slams Edge across the fan barricade. Then he places him on the mat, face up with his head hanging out over the apron. Taker on the apron and hits the running legdrop across the sternum of Edge. Edge now charges Taker in the corner and Spears his back. Two count for Edge. Edge with a scissor lock on Taker who turns and pummels Edge in the face. Edge sends Taker to the ropes now and dropkicks his lower back. Edge applies a Camel Clutch now to slow the pace. Taker gets to a knee, but cannot lift Edge and Edge rolls through keeping the submission applied, and then they break. Edge goes right back to the Camel Clutch. Taker gets to his feet and drops Edge backward. Taker now hits Snake Eyes and follows it with a Big Boot to the skull of Edge. Drops and elbow and gets a two count. Taker tries for Old School again but Edge breaks free, he climbs up in the ropes onto Taker who shoves Edge off to the mat. Taker to the top ropes and flies for a Flying Elbow Drop, but Edge moves and Taker gets mat. Edge crawls for a pin, hooks the leg and gets two. Outside now Edge on the apron, has the title belt, he drops it accidentally, Taker slaps a Choke and tries a chokeslam but Edge gets free, gets inside the ring, hits a Russian Legsweep and get s a two count on Undertaker. Edge to the top ropes, Taker catches him and tosses him down to the mat. Taker covers him with his entire body and gets two as Edge gets a foot on the rope. Taker calls for the Tombstone. He lifts him up and Edge grabs onto the ropes. HE rips off a turnbuckle in the process and then wriggles free, he rams Taker into the exposed turnbuckle. Referee goes to reattach the turnbuckle pad as Taker sets up a Last Ride. Curt Hawkins runs down with the belt and clocks Taker in the head. Edge crawls over…pin…1….2.. KICK OUT! Edge goes for a Spear of Taker, who turns it into a DDT instead. Taker slaps on a Choke, here comes Zach Ryder who gets on the apron. Taker sends Edge into him. Taker turns it into a Chokeslam, on the way up Edge blocks it and rolls Taker up for a pin but Taker turns it into an armbar. Taker applies the arm bar and turns it into a triangle choke. He has it on…….Edge is fading….Edge taps.! Your Winner: Undertaker After the match the Undertaker keeps the hold on for about an extra minute after the bell.

Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H vs. John Bradshaw Layfield [Fatal Four Way WWE Championship Match] Triple H introduced first. JBL introduced second. John Cena introduced third. Randy Orton is introduced last. We have out in ring introductions. The referee shows the belt and we have a bell. Orton quickly steals the belt from the ref and charges JBL with it but he gets a boot to the mouth and gets knocked out of the ring. Orton grabs a chair while outside. JBL in the meantime starts to attack Cena with punches. Triple H then gets involved and punches JBL and suplexes him. Cena pops off and clotheslines Triple H. JBL and HHH in the ring duking it out as Cena gets knocked outside. Cena charges around the ring at Orton and flying shoulderblocks him then sends him inside the ring. HHH sends Orton into Cena who is on the apron and knocks him across the announce table. Inside now Orton and JBL double-team HHH. JBL and Orton try a double clothesline of HHH but instead get clotheslined by The Game. Orton and HHH go at it now. Orton charges HHH in the corner who moves and Orton tastes post. Hunter outside now sends JBL in to the steel ring steps. The Game tries a Pedigree outside but instead; JBL hits a double leg takedown on HHH on the steel ramp. Inside, Orton and Cena going at it. Cena with a Blockbuster. Cena climbs the ropes and hits a Tennessee Jam then goes for the STFU. JBL in and he is about to break the hold up but instead stops and taunts Orton. Triple H then gets in and applies Crossface to JBL. JBL hits a thumb to the eye of Cena to break his hold while he's in a hold of his own. Orton taunts JBL now who is in the hold and Cena hits Orton from behind sending him into The Game and JBL, this breaking the hold. JBL delivers rights to the head of Orton in the corner now. Orton goes to the top ropes and JBL knocks him off so he straddles the ropes. JBL kicks Orton to the temple now. JBL climbs the ropes with Orton and tries a Superplex, but Triple H clocks JBL. He and Cena then Powerbomb JBL as he Superplexes Orton down. Cena covers JBL, Triple H covers Orton simultaneously. Both get only two. HHH and Cena deliver punches back and forth and the crowd spouts YAY for HHH's and BOO for Cena's. Cena kicks HHH and Suplexes him. Two count for Cena. Cena to the ropes, flying shoulderblocks, and then goes for a Five Knuckle Shuffle but HHH pops up and hits a Spine Buster. John Cena now applies an STFU on JBL and he taps out. JBL is eliminated. Cena immediately runs in and kicks Cena in the head and covers him. John Cena is eliminated We are down to Triple H and Randy Orton who eye each other from across the ring. HH and Orton exchange blows in the center of the ring. Hunter snap suplexes Orton and follows with a big knee drop to the head. Two count for Triple H. Outside now, Orton sends Triple H into the steel steps. Orton stomps HHH in the gut and then catapults him over the fan barricade. Orton suplexes HHH back to ringside over the fan barricade and onto the floor. Back inside the ring now, Orton drives the boot into the mid-section of Hunter. Hunter now clutching Orton in an attempt to crawl to a vertical base. Orton stands over HHH laughing. Orton applies a rear naked choke. Orton sends Triple H to the ropes and snap slams him on the rebound. Orton now calling for the RKO. HHH gets up. He goes for the RKO but HHH shoves Orton off. The Game to his feet, hits a facebuster and gets a two count. HHH and Orton battle outside the ring now. Orton out of desperation sends Hunter into the fan barricade and now goes for the steel steps. Orton tries to piledrive HHH on top of the steel steps, Instead HHH reverses out and double leg takedown's him on the steel. Back inside we go. Orton charges The Game, who Spinebusts Orton. HHH kicks Orton and goes for a Pedigree, but Orton counters it with a back body drop. Orton goes for an RKO but HHH shoves him off, and into the referee. Orton then hits the RKO out of nowhere, and both men are down. Referee is back up. Orton crawling over to a fallen HHH. Lays the arm over…1-2-NO! Kickout by HHH! Orton to his feet now and he slowly scans the crowd and stands over HHH. He backs from the fallen HHH into the corner and goes for a kick. He runs, and misses it. HHH counters into a Pedigree, Orton gets out and tries an RKO, countered again…Triple H turns it into a Pedigree and hits it! The pin…1…2….3!!! NEW CHAMPION! Your Winner: Triple H

Wow, some cool stuff actually happened at a Backlash PPV.

I'm glad Matt finally got some gold around his waist with the US title.
Show beat the horrible Khali which is great too.
Taker retained the World title, so either the feud is over with him and Edge or they've got one more gimmick match left in them.
HBK defeated Batista. I'm no HBK fan, but I guess I like him better than Big Dave.
And of course, HHH finally ended the reign of WWE Champion, Orton.
I think this is the first time since 2002, that the WWE title has changed hands at Backlash.
Well, anyway, this is Championship Number 12 for The Game if you're counting.

I find funny that on Smackdown they took the belt away from The Undertaker..

I mean... a whole storyline based on a move that STILL DOESN'T HAVE A NAME

Michael Cole: "AND THERE IT IS... THAT move..!!!!"

:tsk:

King William Regal has been suspended again for his 2nd violation of WWE's Wellness Program. This time he's gone for 60 days. That sucks because I liked William Regal. The substance he tested positive for has yet to be named.

Didnt think much of Judgement Day. Predictable finsh to the Edge and Taker match when the countout happened. I cant hardly bear to listen to that women when she talks...:scream:

One Night Stand happened on Sunday and the major news is Edge winning the vacant World Title and, as a result of defeating Taker, Taker is now gone from WWE. That blows.

HHH defeated Orton to retain and towards the end of the match, Orton sustained a broken collarbone and is out for 2-3 months.

Shawn Michaels flying through the HIGHELY EXPENSIVE JERITRON 6000 (in HD) on Monday night was a thing of beauty :love:

and, just like Bret Hart in 97, he's telling the truth, yet the fans cheer the wrong guy

I slo-mo'ed that stunt several times. Watching HBK's head go through the TV was awesome!

McMahon not knowing how to dial a phone was pathetic.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the show. Kind of interesting that The Draft is happening on the "go home" edition of Raw. I think WWE should've done this AFTER the PPV, but, hey, what do I know?

Granted, "anything could happen", but I don't think there will be too many surprises.

I'm hoping/expecting that CM Punk will get moved to Raw. Its time to push CM Punk big time! I'd love to see HBK get sent to Smackdown, but he's in a feud with Y2J right now, so I doubt he'll move.

Oh yeah, sad anniversary coming up: One year since the Benoit tragedy. I can't believe its already been a year.

A year has gone fast. Only seems like yesterday that I was reading about that.

I'm guessing that no-one 'big' will move, like HHH to Smackdown? Could that happen?

Also what's your thoughts on 'taker now, how long before he's back?

I think Taker will probably return by September or so. He's taken the time off to heal his assorted injuries and re-charge his batteries, but hopefully he'll only be gone a few months.

I'm not sure if anyone "big" will be moved, but that would be cool. I don't think HHH is going anywhere, unless, the brands swap champions and Edge comes to Raw.

I guess it looks like they want more people to tune into Smackdown.

Last year, McMahon "blew up" in a limo. This year, the stage collapses on him. The best was McMahon calling out to HHH by shouting his real name of Paul. I guess Vince is gonna be paralyzed this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom