The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be nice if they told us who the RAW GM is at Night of Champions, but, somehow, I think they're gonna continue to draw this one out.

I'm bringing projectiles for Cole. I have floor seats, so I might be in range.

The GM gimmick could go either way I suppose. Cole has been slowly turning heel for a while now. I wonder where WWE is going with that.

Since you're going to NOS, I might "suggest" a few things:

1- If you've got floor seats, wear a shirt that will stand out on TV so the viewers can see you easier.

2- Say or do the nastiest shit to Michael Cole. (I guess that would involve mentioning JR, Joey Styles, Daniel Bryan or Heidenreich. I'm sure he'd love that one especially. :wink:)

3- Cheer loudest for Daniel Bryan. :wink:

The GM gimmick could go either way I suppose.

I'm thinking it's probably Triple H, but I guess we'll see. The comment about Sheamus ("I have no problem with you.") from a few weeks ago seems off, but I'd still put him as a top candidate.

2- Say or do the nastiest shit to Michael Cole. (I guess that would involve mentioning JR, Joey Styles, Daniel Bryan or Heidenreich. I'm sure he'd love that one especially. :wink:)

Well, my wife will be with me, so I'll have to be careful. :wink: Plus, while I'm on the floor, I'm like 7 rows behind Cole. My voice might not project that well.

Since it's Night of Champions, I assume the Hart Dynasty have to defend. Strange that this match has not been announced yet.

I don't mind him winning the belt eventually, but not now . . . and especially over 5 other guys who are probably better at this stage of their careers than he is (well, maybe not Sheamus). But I'm thinking he might end winning the thing to further emphasize Nexus' dominance or whatever.

I don't mind him winning the belt eventually, but not now . . . and especially over 5 other guys who are probably better at this stage of their careers than he is (well, maybe not Sheamus). But I'm thinking he might end winning the thing to further emphasize Nexus' dominance or whatever.

While, of course, anything is possible in WWE :wink: , I don't see WWE putting the title on Barrett. It seems like WWE is, more or less, making good on their promise to put the NXT Winner in a WWE Championship match on a PPV. If Barrett can put in a good showing during the bout, I'm sure he'll get more chances for the title down the line. I think Orton will win the match because WWE has been giving him a face push for a while now and the kiddies and the chickies are really behind him.

I also think that Daniel Bryan is going to defeat the Miz for the US Title. It's time for Miz to move up the ladder and compete for the WWE Championship. Especially since he holds the MITB briefcase. Plus, if they put the title on Bryan than they can defend that belt more often instead of just using it as a prop for The Miz.

I know one guy who won't be winning, as he won't be at Raw on Monday (the champ would most definitely HAVE to be at Raw the next night to gloat, whoever it is). I wish WWE would do a better job keeping it's mouth shut about certain things. I guess when you have that many people behind the scenes, there are any number of potential leaks.

There's a thought floating around a few threads I've been looking at that Miz with lose the U.S. belt then try to cash in his MITB . . . and lose. That'd be great, lol.

I know one guy who won't be winning, as he won't be at Raw on Monday (the champ would most definitely HAVE to be at Raw the next night to gloat, whoever it is). I wish WWE would do a better job keeping it's mouth shut about certain things. I guess when you have that many people behind the scenes, there are any number of potential leaks.

There's a thought floating around a few threads I've been looking at that Miz with lose the U.S. belt then try to cash in his MITB . . . and lose. That'd be great, lol.

Yeah, that's always a possibility. :wink:

Who is the guy who is not gonna be on Raw the next night?

Oh yeah, who do you think is gonna win the match between Taker and Kane for the World Title? I think Kane is gonna retain.

Jericho won't be on Raw - he'll be in Canada, visiting a friend (or so it's been said). I don't think he was exactly the favorite for this match, but I wouldn't mind seeing him win.

I'm not sure about the Undertaker match - I think it's a no holds barred, so anything can happen. However, I really don't think this is going to be Undertaker's night.

Ha, I wish they made Dibiase defend his "title."

Ok, thanks. I didn't peg Jericho to win. He'll be the workhorse of the match of course.

I think this new round of Taker/Kane is a little more compelling. Kane's promos have been the strongest they've ever been in his career. I love how Taker is making like he's still weakened by Kane's attack that put him out of action. Like when he deliberately coughs during his promos to show that he's still feeling the after affects of the vegetated state that he was in. :wink:

Still wondering what they're gonna do with the Hart Dynasty. It'd be quite a slap in the face to them if they made this a dark match. I don't think they're making an announcement on Smackdown tonight, so maybe there's a surprise in store.

I don't get CM Punk vs. Big Show . . . I though this was Night of Champions. Could be a fun match though.

On another note, I was watching TNA last night for a little bit. Are they intentionally trying for crappy early 80's NWA-style production values? I'm actually being only half-sarcastic - I'm not sure if Jarrett is trying for some sort of "throwback" factor in order to seem like more legitimate alternative to WWE. To paraphrase a quote from Bret Hart, it looks poorly produced, making the wrestlers look second rate. (By the way, at what point was it decided that Jarrett was a legend? He's always ranged from ridiculous to boring in my book.)

Yeah, I agree, the Hart Dynasty should be in a title match. Maybe Bret Hart will make his return after "disappearing" a few weeks ago on Raw. :huh:

As for Show/Punk. They're both former World Champs, so I guess WWE doesn't mind putting them on the PPV. :wink:

Jarrett's Ok. When he came into the WWF back in the mid 90's, I thought McMahon should have put the title on him. I didn't like him in WCW. He's decent in TNA. He does a great job of putting over other wrestlers. I agree with Bret Hart about TNA's production. They need to change a few things in that regard.

I'll post some pics and video from Night of Champions later today. Here are a few notes:

*The dark match was Ted Dibiase vs. John Morrison. Nice warm-up match, but nothing spectacular. Morrison got a big pop as usual.

*I though Kingston vs. Ziggler could have been better. Seemed a little more sluggish than it should have been.

*Loud cheer when Bryan got the Miz to tap out. Good match.

*Punk vs. Show was ok. Show got Punk mid-air with a spear - pretty nifty.

*I'll never been a fan of women's wrestling, and McCool vs. Melina did absolutely nothing to change my mind. Pretty crappy stuff.

*The Hart Dynastry ended up "defending' their championship in an elimination series. Each time a team lost, they were eliminated and the next team would come down and face the "surviving" team. So basically, the Harts never had a chance. They started the thing, facing the Usos. Usos disposed of them rather easily. Then took out Santino and Vladimir in about 10 seconds. Evan Bourne and Mark Henry beat the Usos. And then Cody and Drew beat Henry and Bourne (I'll give you one guess who got pinned). Interesting, but it kinda squashed the Hart Dynasty's legitimacy.

*Kane vs. Undertaker was a good one, as you might expect. Taker finally got the chockeslam on Kane, but Kane reversed the Tombstone and got the win. Got some video of the action spilling into the crowd in from of us.

*Six Pack Challenge rocked. Crowd came here wanting to see an Orton win and they got it. Jericho had a long, sad exit from the ring (Orton took him out early), similar to the one he had after the Morrison match a couple weeks back. The five remaining superstars just kind of watched him sulk back to the locker room. Barrett started grinning like it was hilarious . . . and then realized that the other four were surrounding him Nexus-style. One of the best moments of the night.

*Cena got the most heat and one of the loudest cheers of the night. Mized response to him overall. Huge, huge cheer though when he took out Nexus members on the ring apron with a chair to save Orton and clear the way from him to get the win.

Extra long celebration for Orton, too. The photographer at ringside seemed to be having some trouble getting a good shot of Orton's victory pose, so he had to do it like 3 or 4 times. Orton broke into a big grin and started cracking up. Afterwards, we pretty much shook everyone's hand at ringside, gave a couple kids and ladies a hug, started jokingly giving someone with a Cena shirt some crap . . . full blown face turn now.

Some pics . . .

DSC02625.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02611.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

Wow, I think for the first time ever, I'm not annoyed that Randy Orton has won the WWE Title. It seems like a long time since the guy has won the belt, so maybe that was why I didn't mind.

Great report about NOS, Rich! I told you they wouldn't give it to Barrett. :wink:

WWE's Hell in the Cell PPV is going on right now. Here's a few quick results:

-Daniel Bryan forced Miz to tap out to retain the US Championship

-Edge defeated Jack Swagger

-Randy Orton defeated Sheamus in their Hell in a Cell match to become the new WWE Champion

-Wade Barrett defeated John Cena- Cena has to join Nexus

A couple of more Hell in the Cell results:

-Natalya defeated Michelle McCool by DQ, so McCool retains the Divas title despite the loss.

-Kane defeats the Undertaker in a Hell in the Cell match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Paul Bearer betrayed the Undertaker by giving Kane the urn who than hit Taker with it and followed that up with a choke slam for the victory.

I have to imagine a more complex storyline for the whole Cena in Nexus storyline (as opposed to Cena just turning heel). Maybe he'll destroy them from the inside? In any case, I can't imagine this being a long term thing - isn't WWE raking in a ton of cash from Cena merchandise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom