The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shamus won?... WTF??!?!

Yes, Sheamus captured the WWE Championship at the TLC PPV by defeating John Cena in a Tables match.

I'm not sure how long he'll hold on to the title, but I don't think its so bad having him be the champion for the time being. The guy's definitely got a bright future in WWE. On the Raw after the TLC PPV, Cena vowed to never lose another match, so a wild guess says these two will battle again for the title at the Royal Rumble next month.

Going to Wrestlemania!

Hey guys. I need to make an exciting announcement.

I'm going to Wrestlemania XXVI on March 28th!:hyper:

Section 124 Row 1 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

I'm really excited.

This will be my very first wrestling show ever!

Do you guys have any advice for someone who's never been to a wrestling show- especially Mania? What can I do make this experience even better?

Congrats on getting WrestleMania tickets! :hyper: I've never been to one, but I've been to some other live WWF/WWE events. My advice to you is simple: Take in every moment. Also, of course, you might wanna take some pics. :wink:

Program alert:

For the first time since 2001, the 2 major pro wrestling companies are going head-to-head on Monday night.

TNA Impact! will be on at 8pm EST on SpikeTV. It will feature the return of Hulk Hogan to TV. And of course, The Hulkster is going to be bringing along some friends of his that you might recognize from the past.

Then, of course, there's WWE Monday Night Raw at 9pm EST on USA. This edition of the show will feature Bret "Hitman" Hart as a special "Guest Host" of Raw for the evening. Bret will be returning to Raw for the first time since the infamous Montreal Screwjob at Survivor Series '97. After 12 years, what will the Hitman say to his fans? To McMahon? To Shawn Michaels?

If there was ever a "Hell Freezes Over" moment, this is it! Bret vowed to never return to WWE. He did change his stance slightly over the years by returning to WWE to be inducted into their Hall of Fame in 2006. Then in 2007, he did tape a segment for WWE on Raw's Vince McMahon Appreciation Night. If you remember, the evening ended with McMahon's limo blowing up. That storyline was ended shortly thereafter due to The Benoit Family Tragedy.

I'm definitely psyched to see Bret back on Raw again. He is easily my favorite wrestler of all time. I'll also be checking out TNA. They have a lot of stars there too and I'm sure Hogan is gonna make things a little more interesting for sure.

i haven't watched wrestling since the 90's, but i might tune in tonight. what other friends is Hogan bringing along? Hall and Nash?

i haven't watched wrestling since the 90's, but i might tune in tonight. what other friends is Hogan bringing along? Hall and Nash?

Well, Nash has been with TNA for a long time now, but, yes, Scott Hall will be there along with their former NWO cohorts, Sean Waltman and Eric Bischoff.

I watched Hogan's return last night on TNA and for the first time ever I'm going to use the term "Epic Fail". There was some good wrestling on the show, but all of the parts with Hogan were absolute shit. Hogan was telling everyone how this show was going to make history. Well, all the show did was repeat history. WCW history that is. Hogan pretty much brought back the NWO. Hall, Nash, Waltman and Bischoff. And they ended the show like they did almost every Nitro from 1996-2000. By beating up some poor sap who wants to defy them. In this case the poor sap was Mick Foley. Ric Flair showed up there too, but pretty much served no purpose. He never even spoke. Jeff Hardy also showed up. He appeared shortly after the horrible opening cluster fuck that was the steel asylum or whatever the Hell they called it. Seems like Jeff has inserted himself in TNA's X Division.

So, if you dare watch the replay on Thursday, prepare yourself for WCW/nWo 2010. Except now they're all a lot of older and even more pathetic.

Now as for Bret Hart's return on Raw, that's where history was made. They kicked the show off immediately with Bret in the ring on the mic. After a few opening lines, The Hitman invites HBK down to the ring. Bret offers a truce to Shawn. After both say some words, Bret offers his hand to Shawn and they shake hands. An amazing moment. Bret and Shawn were gold on the mic and this truly was an historical moment that was 12 years in the making. Before Shawn leaves the ring, he teases a possible superkick, but instead makes his way back to Bret and hugs him in the center of the ring. As he's hugging Bret, Shawn whispers something in Bret's ear. Finally, after 12 years, Bret Hart and HBK have their closure.

After HBK departs, Bret asks for McMahon to come down to the ring, but he never makes his way. Fast forward 2 hours and McMahon finally shows up in the ring, but this time he asks Bret to come to the ring. Bret says he wants a truce. McMahon gives some heartfelt words. They shake hands. McMahon even lifts Bret arm up in victory several times to the crowd. But, then the inevitable happens and McMahon kicks Bret in the midsection and leaves Bret on the canvas while he walks out of the ring. End of the show, but the start of McMahon/Hart II.

thought the end of raw was pretty predictable. was good to see bret back but thought the crowd might have been a bit more responsive to him, didn't get the kind of pop reserved for when a massive star comes back after while. although i suppose in brets case this might have been a bit different as it's been 12 years and a lot of bad blood.

thought the end of raw was pretty predictable. was good to see bret back but thought the crowd might have been a bit more responsive to him, didn't get the kind of pop reserved for when a massive star comes back after while. although i suppose in brets case this might have been a bit different as it's been 12 years and a lot of bad blood.

I agree with you about the response, but try to remember, a lot of WWE's new audience (kids) weren't even born yet when Bret left in 1997. Everyone knew McMahon was going to attack Bret, it was just a question of when. Before McMahon attacked him though, I believe he meant every word that he said to him and that was pretty nice. I'm looking forward to seeing how McMahon/Hart progresses.

I'm really excited.

Do you guys have any advice for someone who's never been to a wrestling show- especially Mania? What can I do make this experience even better?

I'm kind of an on-off type fan. I've been to a couple of house shows over the years, but only one televised event (No Mercy 2007). All I can say is that wrestling is one of those things that is much better to be at in-person with a crowd of fans. I brought my wife, who had no knowledge of wrestling anything outside of Hulk Hogan, and even she seemed to enjoy it. Ron Simmons was taking photos with fans outside the venue just before No Mercy began, and I had to explain to my wife who he was after she got a picture with him.

Sometimes the experience can be almost surreal. My dad took me to a house show when I was 10. We went to grab some food during an intermission, and the Hart Foundation walked past us :ohmy:

Wow, it's been a few months since anyone posted here. WrestleMania 26 is less than a week away and the card for this year's show is pretty strong. Obviously, the most anticipated match is Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker in a No Holds Barred Match. If the Undertaker defeats HBK, HBK must retire. Of course, if the Taker loses, than his undefeated streak is over. Right now, he's 17-0. Another "match" I'm looking forward to is Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match. The night before WM, Bret will induct his father, Stu, into the WWE Hall of Fame. A large portion of the Hart family will be there for the induction, so I'm curious to see if any of the family members will get involved in Bret's fight with McMahon.

Here's a rundown of the WrestleMania 26 Card:

WWE Championship Match:
John Cena vs. WWE Champion Batista
Prediction- Cena becomes the new WWE Champion

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Edge vs. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho
Prediction- Edge becomes the new World Champion

Career vs. The Streak:
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
Prediction- Undertaker retires Michaels

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship Match:
R-Truth/John Morrison vs. WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Big Show and The Miz
Prediction- Show and Miz retain

No Holds Barred Match:
Vince McMahon vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart
Prediction- Bret Hart finally exacts his revenge on McMahon

No Holds Barred Match:
Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk (If Punk wins, Rey must join Punk's Straight Edge Society)
Prediction- Rey wins

Sheamus vs. Triple H:
Prediction- Sheamus wins

Legacy Triple Threat Match:
Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted Dibiase
Prediction- Ted Dibiase wins

Ten Man Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Dolph Ziggler, Matt Hardy, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Kane, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, Shelton Benjiman, Drew McKintyre and Christian will be competing for a WWE World Championship opportunity.
Prediction- This one's tough since there are ten guys, but I'd go with either Christian, McKintyre or Swagger

I'm really excited.

Hey, I'd love to hear how your WrestleMania experience goes.

Hey, I'd love to hear how your WrestleMania experience goes.

Sorry for the delay, guys. I got busy when I got back from Arizona.

Anyway, for my first experience at a wrestling show, Wrestlemania was pretty awesome! However, I hate being 5'6". I mean- how am I supposed to see what's going on in the ring when the people in front of me keep holding up damn signs?

I didn't notice it at first. But they opened and closed the roof of the stadium throughout the show.

I was pretty surprised at how the entire crowd at Wrestlemania XXVI was mostly kids.

Anyway, the crowd was hot for Taker-HBK.

Cena and Batista both got booed. There were chants of "You Both Suck" coming from my section.

Edge got a mixed reaction, and Jericho got more cheers than expected. There were dueling "Y2J" and "Let's go Edge".

Orton and HHH got huge cheers.

Punk and Sheamus got booed quite heavily.

No one cared about the tag title match or the Divas match- both were real short, of course.

And Vince-Bret was an absolute waste of time. The crowd absolutely hated it. One guy behind me kept shouting "Put him in the sharpshooter already!"

I'll post pics later!

WrestlemaniaXXVI001.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI002.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI024.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI025.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI027.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI028.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI029.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI037.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI040.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI041.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI050.jpg

WrestlemaniaXXVI053.jpg

My camera ran out of memory right before the show started.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I didn't get around to it. This past Saturday (3/30) the body of former pro wrestler, Chris Kanyon was found in his apartment in Sunnyside, Queens, NY. It is believed that Chris took his own life. He was 40 years old. Chris suffered from depression and never really got over being released from WWE many years ago. Chris's fame was achieved mostly when he was in WCW where he was known as Kanyon and also Mortis. He was a good worker and a good trainer, but never really reached Main Event level status. His catchphrase was "Who's better than Kanyon?". If you ever saw that wrestling movie, Ready to Rumble, Chris was an integral part of the stunt coordination for that movie.

RIP Chris Kanyon

I'm off to see Raw filmed live in London tomorrow, should be awesome. Hopefully my camera's memory won't run just before the show.....:wink:

My camera ran out of memory because I was taking too many pics and video of the Wrestlemania party that had been taking place all afternoon outside the stadium.

Lots of wrestling fans getting drunk out there.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom