The Princess reigns over Randooooom - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #91
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
Haha, I know. God, I love accents.

Didn't Mel Gibson have a thick Australian accent at some point? I'm not a fan of his, but I vaguely recall reading something about how he lost his Australian accent while living here or something. Christian Bale better not be a victim of the same case.

Not at the same time? You're not fooling me! I know about your fixation with geezers. I know all about how dentures get your motor running
same here. i'd love to go off to europe or australia, i'd be like the only problem is i want to major in german, so you'd think "oh well you can move to germany and meet a guy there," right? i don't like german accents. no offense to any germans who may be reading this, mayhaps it's just the ones i heard in german class. but english/irish/australian/etc. are just so

yeah, watch the first mad max movie if you want to hear his old accent. (i've not watched it but my mom loves that movie and told me about his accent.) i hope all actors learn about this horrible disease and realize it is preventable! unless they're from the southern u.s., in which case i want them to lose the damn accent.

oh yes, i was drooling over colonel sanders last night (the real one, not his son)

Old 07-05-2005, 01:18 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

same here. i'd love to go off to europe or australia, i'd be like the only problem is i want to major in german, so you'd think "oh well you can move to germany and meet a guy there," right? i don't like german accents. no offense to any germans who may be reading this, mayhaps it's just the ones i heard in german class. but english/irish/australian/etc. are just so

yeah, watch the first mad max movie if you want to hear his old accent. (i've not watched it but my mom loves that movie and told me about his accent.) i hope all actors learn about this horrible disease and realize it is preventable! unless they're from the southern u.s., in which case i want them to lose the damn accent.

oh yes, i was drooling over colonel sanders last night (the real one, not his son)
Oh, me too! I'd totally marry the first Irish, English, or Australian guy to approach me if I ever made it out to Europe or Australia. (Oh, and I don't like German accents either.)

We should come up with a name for this disease! Like my JTHAHS acronym

Old 07-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #93
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Oh, me too! I'd totally marry the first Irish, English, or Australian guy to approach me if I ever made it out to Europe or Australia. (Oh, and I don't like German accents either.)

We should come up with a name for this disease! Like my JTHAHS acronym
same here when i become rich ( ) i'll fly us out to europe and/or australia to go manhunting glad i'm not the only one who doesn't care for german accents. i don't like southern accents either for americans. too bad i live in the south. luckily i don't have one.

the only question is should we name it after christian bale or mel gibson?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:31 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

same here when i become rich ( ) i'll fly us out to europe and/or australia to go manhunting glad i'm not the only one who doesn't care for german accents. i don't like southern accents either for americans. too bad i live in the south. luckily i don't have one.

the only question is should we name it after christian bale or mel gibson?
Manhunting That sounds like a reality show. We should document our journey by filming a reality show!

Good question! We should go with Mel Gibson since it began with him (much like with the JTHAHS starting with John Travolta).

We're nerds
Old 07-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #95
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Manhunting That sounds like a reality show. We should document our journey by filming a reality show!

Good question! We should go with Mel Gibson since it began with him (much like with the JTHAHS starting with John Travolta).

We're nerds
what a great idea! then we could like recoup all our money spent on travelling cuz we could write it off as a business expense and stuff and hopefully meet some guys too!

true, true, it's not like you called it JFHAHS mayhaps something like MGMDAS? (mel gibson mysteriously disappearing accent syndrome)

yay! i love being a nerd
Old 07-05-2005, 01:44 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

what a great idea! then we could like recoup all our money spent on travelling cuz we could write it off as a business expense and stuff and hopefully meet some guys too!

true, true, it's not like you called it JFHAHS mayhaps something like MGMDAS? (mel gibson mysteriously disappearing accent syndrome)

yay! i love being a nerd
And our show definitely wouldn't suck either (I'm looking at you, VH1's Kept ). Hurry up and get rich, Koowanda.

MGMDAS! I like it; it's easy to remember because of the MGM part (for me at least) . If Christian Bale falls victim to it...
Old 07-05-2005, 01:59 AM   #97
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
And our show definitely wouldn't suck either (I'm looking at you, VH1's Kept ). Hurry up and get rich, Koowanda.
yeah, cuz we'd be looking past the superficial accent bit. i mean if some fast disgusting slob came up to me, punched me in the face, and asked me to marry him in the most gorgeous british accent ever i'd say no and kick him in the balls.

i'm working on the rich part

Quote:
MGMDAS! I like it; it's easy to remember because of the MGM part (for me at least) . If Christian Bale falls victim to it...
MGMDAS it is! i think it's easy to remember as well. i know what you mean, we have enough people with american accents as it is.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:08 AM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

yeah, cuz we'd be looking past the superficial accent bit. i mean if some fat disgusting slob came up to me, punched me in the face, and asked me to marry him in the most gorgeous british accent ever i'd say no and kick him in the balls.

i'm working on the rich part

MGMDAS it is! i think it's easy to remember as well. i know what you mean, we have enough people with american accents as it is.
You'd say no a man with to the most gorgeous British accent ever? Way to keep the superficial pride alive, Khanananada.

I can't think of anyone with MGMDAS other than Mel Gibson.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:11 AM   #99
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
You'd say no a man with to the most gorgeous British accent ever? Way to keep the superficial pride alive, Khanananada.
oh, right sorry. when i said i'd kick him in the balls i meant i'd say yes, then kick him in the balls. because no one will talk to me like that, but if they're british they can get away with it

and jim forbes would so totally have to narrate the series

Quote:
I can't think of anyone with MGMDAS other than Mel Gibson.
there's sting, but he did it on purpose. he apparently used to have a geordie accent!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:18 AM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

oh, right sorry. when i said i'd kick him in the balls i meant i'd say yes, then kick him in the balls. because no one will talk to me like that, but if they're british they can get away with it

and jim forbes would so totally have to narrate the series

there's sting, but he did it on purpose. he apparently used to have a geordie accent!
That's more like it.

Jim Forbes

I just looked up Behind the Music on VH1's schedule and we'll be Forbesless until July 27th

Geordie, huh? Interesting. I never knew that!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 AM   #101
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
That's more like it.

Jim Forbes

I just looked up Behind the Music on VH1's schedule and we'll be Forbesless until July 27th

Geordie, huh? Interesting. I never knew that!
okay, good

what episode is coming up then? i hope it doesn't suck

yeah. it would've been interesting to hear how he used to sound. he apparently did this before he even started singing in the police so it's not like you can listen for it in old interviews or anything.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:30 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

okay, good

what episode is coming up then? i hope it doesn't suck

yeah. it would've been interesting to hear how he used to sound. he apparently did this before he even started singing in the police so it's not like you can listen for it in old interviews or anything.
The episode's on Dr. Dre; I don't think I've seen that one. It's the only BTM episode airring at all this month. How dare they rob us of Jim Forbes!

Well that's no fun.

Hey, doesn't the INXS reality show start this week
Old 07-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #103
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
The episode's on Dr. Dre; I don't think I've seen that one. It's the only BTM episode airring at all this month. How dare they rob us of Jim Forbes!

Well that's no fun.

Hey, doesn't the INXS reality show start this week
dr. dre? at least i've still got my old, outdated copy of duran duran's btm on vhs somewhere.

it starts next monday, the 11th. you'll be able to see jon's HAH in all its glory. and maybe they'll show kirk dressed up like colonel sanders!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:41 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

dr. dre? at least i've still got my old, outdated copy of duran duran's btm on vhs somewhere.

it starts next monday, the 11th. you'll be able to see jon's HAH in all its glory. and maybe they'll show kirk dressed up like colonel sanders!
I have a like 5 minute segment of Behind the Music: 1987 on video somewhere. That's all I have to feed my need for Feebs (that's totally my pet name for Jim and not some cheap attempt to make a rhyme ) until the 27th.

You forgot to mention Tim and his curly fro!

Have you seen the movie Dogs in Space?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:45 AM   #105
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I have a like 5 minute segment of Behind the Music: 1987 on video somewhere. That's all I have to feed my need for Feebs (that's totally my pet name for Jim and not some cheap attempt to make a rhyme ) until the 27th.

You forgot to mention Tim and his curly fro!

Have you seen the movie Dogs in Space?
that's it? you taped a bit where they talked about the joshua tree, didn't you?

i don't know if i have any other btms taped other than the dd one though. i know i saw the hutch one several times (they made one about hutch but not inxs, go figure) but i can't remember if i ever taped it.

mayhaps i forgot on purpose

no, i hadn't heard of it until a couple months ago