The Princess reigns over Randooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:

I'm sure all is ok. A lot of people probably can't make calls right now. :hug:

I heard on the news that at some point they shut down all networks and land lines. My dad said that he heard they found 2 more bombs on the trains that didnt go off.

This kind of stuff just infuriates me. It's kind of weird that this weekend CF had been telling me about a friend that is a pilot and that they he doesnt have to go through any kind of security at all which lead to a brief conversation about possible attacks.

Kariann said:

I heard on the news that at some point they shut down all networks and land lines. My dad said that he heard they found 2 more bombs on the trains that didnt go off.

Early on, they were speculating that some of the explosions were triggered by remote control. It was the most sensible thing they could have done, especially if they did find more bombs like your Dad said.

Kariann said:

It's kind of weird that this weekend CF had been telling me about a friend that is a pilot and that they he doesnt have to go through any kind of security at all which lead to a brief conversation about possible attacks.

That really doesn't seem right. I'd have thought they would have not allowed any chance for loopholes post 9/11, especially with how tight airport security is these days.
It seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Queen Bee said:
Thanks for the link, Tim.

Finally got word from another friend that my NZ friend has been in Dublin for the past four days. :hugesighofrelief:

No problems.

Thats awesome she is OK, obviously. Hopefully she gets in touch with you soon. :wink:

I guess now that you know she is okay that it would be an appropriate time to say... Muse = Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

:drool:

:wave:

timothius said:

No problems.

Thats awesome she is OK, obviously. Hopefully she gets in touch with you soon. :wink:

I guess now that you know she is okay that it would be an appropriate time to say... Muse = Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

:drool:

:wave:

You're welcome! I take it you liked the albums, huh? :D

34439%3B%3A323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323956838388ot1lsi

arw9797 said:
:sad: what an awful thing to wake up to this morning. I got up too late to log on this morning and I got to work and everyone ran up to me to ask me if I had heard the news about London. I had not at that point. I was so freaked out this morning that I couldn't concentrate :sad: :sad: :sad: :sigh:
*see the inarticulate e-mail Hotmail actually let me send*

:sad: I don't understand people.

I am soooo sheltered in my little store on my little island...No one said anything to us, everyone just kept shopping, and all this was going on. I could be sick.

I have been searching the internet high and low since the day we got back and I even posted in last week's Freesytlin Friday thread for this picture. I cannot believe I found it! :drool: The look on Edge's face just killed me. Almost felt like he was laughing at me for looking so hard for it. I see the light at Burger King was on that night. :|

How old is it, arw?
If I didn't know who it was, i'd think those two men had been up to some seriously suspicious things.
:whistle:

beau2ifulday said:
How old is it, arw?
If I didn't know who it was, i'd think those two men had been up to some seriously suspicious things.
:whistle:

It's about 3 years old and sort of a joke with me, Kariann, and Schmeg. We walked past this Burger King a zillion times in Dublin 2 weeks ago and I told them to find Lillies Bordello we needed to find Burger King because I had once seen a pic of Edge with Simon Carmody walking past it but then I couldn't find the damn picture :scream:

Schmeg said:

:laugh: :cute:

We were there two weeks ago too!

:crazy:

Edit: Pardon my ignorance, but who's that with him? :reject:

His name is Simon Carmody and I'm not really sure who he is or what he does other than occassionally hang out with Bono and Edge. I think he might have worked on some projects with the Gav but I'm not sure. :shrug: I just know he's been in a lot of pics with the band and that he walked by a Burger King with Edge! :D

I didn't even look at it. I missed the whole damn show. Once I found out I missed the beginning I just had it on but didn't pay attention to it. It's the first time I've ever missed the opening show. That happened to me with Survivor a few times and I never was able to get into the whole season. You miss a lot if you miss the first show. :grumpy:

This might sound stupid, but I assume the US has it's own Big Brother 6?
I only ask because we're on Big Bro 6 too.

arw9797 said:

His name is Simon Carmody and I'm not really sure who he is or what he does other than occassionally hang out with Bono and Edge. I think he might have worked on some projects with the Gav but I'm not sure. :shrug: I just know he's been in a lot of pics with the band and that he walked by a Burger King with Edge! :D
Thanks! i wonder if he carries a manbag too! :love: :drool:

beau2ifulday said:

That really doesn't seem right. I'd have thought they would have not allowed any chance for loopholes post 9/11, especially with how tight airport security is these days.
It seems like an accident waiting to happen.

My cousin is a flight attendant and she had been on vacation when 9/11 happened and she was surprised that when she went back a week after that the behind the scenes security was still not as intense as you were lead to believe. They let her on the plane with some of the things that had been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom