The Prestige trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this earlier today and I'm quite intrigued.

What struck me about this trailer, other than the sheer "wow-ness," is how these actors are also in other recent movies together... Jackman and Johansson are in the new Woody Allen movie and of course Bale and Caine were in Batman Begins...

OOOOHHH YES! I can't begin to explain how excited I am about this film. Directed by one of today's greatest directors, with a fantastic cast, and a truly original story to tell, this is the film I've been waiting for a long time now.

The thing to know about me is, I used to be very good at Magic. I started at a very young age, and up until only a few years ago I was still studying fairly frequently. At one point I was extremely adept as card tricks and such illusions, and I still know the basic skills with a deck. I still have to reassure my friends I won't cheat everytime we play cards.

Hoever, for about the last two years I studied, I became incredibly focused in Coin Magic, mainly half-dollars. Man, I swear I used to be able to do some stuff that would absolutely blow you away. My slight-of-hand was remarkable, having practiced every day. Unfortunately, my interests moved from magic to music (for which I am thankful for), but I made sure to keep all my magic texts and props. Maybe one day I'll return to it. I hope so.

But this movie, about "real" magicians, the illusionists, immediately piqued my interest when I first heard about it. I suppose I'm predestined to love this film more than most people, and I can't wait to see how Jackman and Bale pull off the performers' attitude I know so well.

Strangely enough, I was never a fan of performing magic. I entered a competition once and got so nervous I completely blew the routine. Of course I was only 13 or 14 at the time, so it's forgivable. But to this day I still hate performing, even musically, I cannot stand performing for people, on the guitar or piano. I'm still familiar with the behind-the-scenes of a magic show though, and can't wait for this movie. Thank you for the trailer. I surely would have missed it.

Yessss! I'm definitely going to see this on opening day. I'm hoping a date gets attached to this movie soon. It looks awesome.

Slapnutz said:
Bale, Caine, Jackman, Johansson and Bowie! With Christopher Nolan directing? I'm speechless. I am without speech. :drool:

Haha, I said nearly the exact same thing to a friend in an email :shifty:

That's my dream cast right there, and Nolan directing is the icing on the cake :drool:

Also refreshing to hear Bale finally use an accent that's not American.

Bale, Caine, Bowie and Nolan!!!! :love:
The trailer looks awesome, I can't wait for this film.
I'll be seeing this movie with my husband. He is a mentalist/magician.
It is just an added bonus for me that Bale and Bowie are in it. :drool:

There's also a movie called "The Illusionist" coming out this year.

It'll finally get GOB into his Poof.

I'm a massive fan of Bowie's music, but can't say I've ever been impressed with his acting, so when I first heard about this film I was not too interested, but having seen the trailer, I must admit I probably will go to see it when its released, Jackman, Bale, Caine, & the gorgeous Johansson, should make it worthwhile, & hopefully Bowie will put in a decent performance.

Back
Top Bottom