The Prestige

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Bowie first came screen I did not recognize him. So he either put on more than a few pounds or they used some padding / make-up to make him look heavier.

Sadly yes, that's why he hasn't been doing much since 2004. :sad:

I loved the movie, thanks for asking.

I did see the twist coming about halfway in though.

SPOILERS!!! (LEAVE YE ONES WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE)

When I connected the Fallon character, Tesla's Machine, and bird-trick together, I understood the movie and where it was going. My only question, was Borden's brother really his twin? Or was it a by-product of Tesla's machine?

holy crap, i never connected the bird tricks to anything :lol: .

i had a hard time deciding whether Bale's brother was a genuine twin or a Bowie-man, but there was that scene where Jackman got angry with Bowie, saying something like "you never built this machine for Borden" or something like that. plus, Bale and his Brother were two different people: one was more quiet and subdued, the other was emotional and pissed off all the time, and each loved a different woman. judging by the similarities between Jackman and his copies, I'm guessing that the Bowie-men did not differ in this way.

discothequeLP said:
holy crap, i never connected the bird tricks to anything :lol: .

i had a hard time deciding whether Bale's brother was a genuine twin or a Bowie-man, but there was that scene where Jackman got angry with Bowie, saying something like "you never built this machine for Borden" or something like that. plus, Bale and his Brother were two different people: one was more quiet and subdued, the other was emotional and pissed off all the time, and each loved a different woman. judging by the similarities between Jackman and his copies, I'm guessing that the Bowie-men did not differ in this way.

I thought the entire reason Angier went to see Tesla was because Tesla built a similar machine for Borden.

Borden tricked him into believing that, but he made it up in order to get rid of him so he could be the number one magician

LemonMacPhisto said:
He gained weight after his heart attack.

I saw 4 shows of the Reality tour and Bowie looked great. So it was a real shocker when he had the heart attack during the European leg of the tour.

Did he quit smoking? Maybe that is why he put on the pounds.

so has anyone seen it twice yet and can find out about the ending? I'm really curious to find out if that's true or not

bono_212 said:
so has anyone seen it twice yet and can find out about the ending? I'm really curious to find out if that's true or not

I'll be seeing it again next week, but hopefully someone else has seen it since then and watched the ending more closely. :D

There's allegedly an alive Angier clone hiding by the tank in the last scene :lol:. It sounds like something a bored nerd came up with at the IMDB.com message boards.

I just can't see how that is a plausible twist. What would be the point? There's no way Angier would've let a mistake that major slip by him. An ending like that would work if there's going to be a sequel but there definitely won't be one.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Borden didn't have a clone. If you watch the movie again and pay attention to Bale's performance you can tell when he's playing one of the brothers. There is a slight difference in personality and speech - one is more outspoken than the other.

Queen Bee said:
There's allegedly an alive Angier clone hiding by the tank in the last scene :lol:. It sounds like something a bored nerd came up with at the IMDB.com message boards.

I just can't see how that is a plausible twist. What would be the point? There's no way Angier would've let a mistake that major slip by him. An ending like that would work if there's going to be a sequel but there definitely won't be one.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Borden didn't have a clone. If you watch the movie again and pay attention to Bale's performance you can tell when he's playing one of the brothers. There is a slight difference in personality and speech - one is more outspoken than the other.

:lol:

Yeah, the whole switcheroo thing was pretty obvious to me really early into the movie. The "you don't love me today" shit was annoying, but atleast meant something.

Back
Top Bottom