The Postal Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
I've heard many good things, but haven't liked anything I've heard by them. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on this band and the CD "Give Up" ??

Thanks!

I'm feeling too sleepy to be articulate (loooooong story), but I have fallen head over heels in love with this album. Great lyrics, super catchy songs, a retro-ish sound.

:drool: x a million

I :heart: The District Sleeps Alone Tonight but I don't know if I'd like a whole record or not. Great lyrics, though.

FANTASTIC album.

Seriously, just get it. It's a modern classic in my book.

The beats, the lyrics, the vocals, the atmosphere........all perfect.

I think it's good stuff--kind of like IDM meets indie rock. a lot of it is sweet and romantic.

The US Postal Service actually sued the band, and in the settlement the band agreed to play at USPS events in exchange for being able to keep their name. hahaha

If you like this band, check out "Neon Golden" by The Notwist. :heart:

I adore this album. I bought it last spring and still listen to it regularly--just listened to it several times the other day, as a matter of fact. I'd highly recommend buying Give Up, but be warned. If you buy Give Up, you may end up needing to buy lots of Death Cab for Cutie albums too (the singer's other band). They're fantastic as well.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom