The Police Tour '07 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I did it. This will be the only time the Police will get $100 out of me. At least Angry Peach and I are going into this together. I'm keeping the litho though :wink:

If The Police ever come back through Dallas again, it's cheap seats all the way and if I have to do the general sale, then so be it.

These presales and fan club memberships are really getting to me. :crazy:

5/28- Vancouver
5/30- Vancouver
6/2- Edmonton
6/6- Seattle
6/7- Seattle
6/9- Denver
6/10- Denver
6/13- Oakland
6/15- Las Vegas
6/16- Manchester, TN
6/18

These are the current dates that we know of.

5/28- Vancouver
5/30- Vancouver
6/2- Edmonton
6/6- Seattle
6/7- Seattle
6/9- Denver
6/10- Denver
6/13- Oakland
6/15- Las Vegas
6/16- Manchester, TN
6/18- Phoenix
6/23- Los Angeles
6/26- Dallas
6/30- New Orleans
7/2- St. Louis
7/3- St. Paul
7/10- Miami
7/11- Tampa
7/16- Cleveland
7/17- Detroit
7/19- Hershey
7/20- Philadelphia
7/22- Toronto
7/23- Toronto
7/25- Montreal
7/26- Montreal
7/28- Boston
7/29- Boston
7/31- Hartford
8/1- New York
8/3- New York
8/5- East Rutherford

Here are what I think will still be added. Houston, Columbus, D.C. and Chicago still have yet to announce their dates, but it says they will play shows there.

6/4- Something will probably go here. Maybe Portland or Salt Lake City?
6/12- 2nd (technically 1st) show in Oakland, maybe San Jose or Sacramento... maybe nothing
6/19- 2nd Phoenix show
6/21- San Diego, or some other California city
6/24- 2nd Los Angeles show
6/28- Houston
7/5, 6- Chicago. (I read this on a Dave Matthews Band forum. DMB were supposed to play Wrigley Field on these dates, but cancelled b/c Dave's baby is due in the same time frame. The article said the Police were playing on these dates.)

Which just leaves the question... where will Columbus and D.C go? My guess is 7/8 Columbus, 7/14 D.C. Assuming Giant's stadium is the last show of the summer tour, I predict a schedule like this....

May 28- Vancouver
May 30- Vancouver
June 2- Edmonton
June 4- Portland/Salt Lake City
June 6- Seattle
June 7- Seattle
June 9- Denver
June 10- Denver
June 12- Northern California date
June 13- Oakland
June 15- Las Vegas
June 16- Manchester, TN
June 18- Phoenix
June 19- Phoenix
June 21- San Diego
June 23- Los Angeles
June 24- Los Angeles
June 26- Dallas
June 28- Houston
June 30- New Orleans
July 2- St. Louis
July 3- St. Paul
July 5- Chicago
July 6- Chicago
July 8- Columbus
July 10- Miami
July 11- Tampa
July 14- Washington D.C.
July 16- Cleveland
July 17- Detroit
July 19- Hershey
July 20- Philadelphia
July 22- Toronto
July 23- Toronto
July 25- Montreal
July 26- Montreal
July 28- Boston
July 29- Boston
July 31- Hartford
August 1- New York
August 3- New York
August 5- East Rutherford

<<June 3rd or 4th>>

Option #1 Edmonton #2 if demand is crazy
Option #2 SLC
Option #3 Calgary arena
Option #4 Portland

Or Arena shows in November for these markets.

I haven't kept up with this thread and I don't really plan on wading through 250 posts, so I'll just ask my question: any word yet (or even just rumours) on whether The Police will be coming to Australia?

Axver said:
I haven't kept up with this thread and I don't really plan on wading through 250 posts, so I'll just ask my question: any word yet (or even just rumours) on whether The Police will be coming to Australia?

Axver,
I believe they are doing Australia and Japan and there abouts. I can't find the article but if you go here: http://www.thepolicetour.com/exclusives/video.php

watch the video of the announcement at the whiskey-a-go-go I believe Arthur Fogel talks about it..

BREAKING NEWS!!!

The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that The Police have added 2 new tour dates to their current N. American tour. The new dates are:
June 10 - Denver #2, CO @ Pepsi Center
July 10 - Miami, FL @ Dolphins Stadium.

The members-only presales will begin on Friday, Mar. 2nd at 10:00 am local time. Head to ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page on Mar. 2nd to purchase your tickets for the concert dates below:

Members, to gain access to the members-only presales, head to the ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page on the date listed below. Not a member yet? JOIN NOW!

Fri. Mar. 2nd Members-Only Presale @ 10:00 am local time
June 7 - Seattle #2, WA @ Key Arena
June 10 - Denver #2, CO @ Pepsi Center
July 10 - Miami, FL @ Dolphins Stadium

Access the members-only presales here!

You must be a member to participate in these presales. Not a member yet? JOIN NOW!

Important Fan Club Sale Instructions
Our fan club sale system will generate your fan club sale passcode for you when the shows go live. You will not get a passcode before the fan club sales start. We strongly advise that you carefully review the instructions on how to participate in the fan club presales before they start. Please go here for the details on how this process works.

To purchase your tickets, please visit the ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page. Ticket holds forthe tour are strong in terms of both quantity and quality and we hope that as many fan club members as possible get seats to the show they would like to attend. However, shows in large metropolitan areas tend to be very popular and are expected to sell out very quickly.

Additional cities and venues to be announced soon. Stay tuned to ThePoliceTour.com Tickets page for more info.

For complete tour & ticket information, fan club memberships and more visit: ThePoliceTour.com.

Want to see The Police's live performance from The Whisky?
Visit ThePoliceTour.com, the brand new The Police Tour Fan Club, for a highlight reel of the tour announcement, direct from The Whisky in Los Angeles.

Axver said:

They plan to go to South America, Mexico, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand in early 2008.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
HEY... ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WASH DC/BALT date/venue?? It's not up on the best buy website/my reward zone anymore!!!

Sting2..

Can you help me with this? You seem to be the all knowledgeable one here regarding the tour. No one else responded as of yet.

The city (wash dc/baltimore) was up on the best buy website for a long time.. and now its gone.. Are they about to announce this one and that is why it was removed..?

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! :dance:
And there's nothing wrong with our seats. We just get the bird's eye view of Stewart's tube socks and shorts ensemble.
Good luck to anyone doing the general sale ....

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Sting2..

Can you help me with this? You seem to be the all knowledgeable one here regarding the tour. No one else responded as of yet.

The city (wash dc/baltimore) was up on the best buy website for a long time.. and now its gone.. Are they about to announce this one and that is why it was removed..?

I wouldn't say that was the reason. It could be anything even a mistake. One of two things will happen with DC/Baltimore

First Possibility: Arthur Fogel has decided they can't fit DC/Baltimore in on the schedule which is getting tighter for the summer months with the break for the band in August. In this case they plan to return to Washington DC in November to play multiple arena shows. Hershey Stadium may have been added to soak up some of the demand from the DC/Baltimore area not being used on the summer leg, as well any excess demand not being met in New York and Philadephia.

Second Possibility: They will play DC/Baltimore on July 13 or July 14, or after they finish with their New York shows in early August. With Chicago happening sometime between July 5 and July 8, those are really the only times left in the schedule for the summer. There is a strong chance I think for July 13 or July 14 in DC/Baltimore area as long as it does not conflict with Baseball games or other sports events at the stadiums. Plus, they have to be in Cleveland Ohio anyways on July 16 which is just 6 hours west of DC/Baltimore.

If possibility 2 happens, they will probably wait a week or two to announce the DC/Baltimore date. They want to make sure they hit their sales goals in the Philly and Hershey markets, especially Hershey since it is a smaller market. Naturally, they know many DC/Baltimore area fans will decide to go to either Philly or Hershey to insure they see the band this summer, with no DC/Baltimore date to be announced yet.

Last edited:
STING2 said:

I wouldn't say that was the reason. It could be anything even a mistake. One of two things will happen with DC/Baltimore

First Possibility: Arthur Fogel has decided they can't fit DC/Baltimore in on the schedule which is getting tighter for the summer months with the break for the band in August. In this case they plan to return to Washington DC in November to play multiple arena shows. Hershey Stadium may have been added to soak up some of the demand from the DC/Baltimore area not being used on the summer leg, as well any excess demand not being met in New York and Philadephia.

Second Possibility: They will play DC/Baltimore on July 13 or July 14, or after they finish with their New York shows in early August. With Chicago happening sometime between July 5 and July 8, those are really the only times left in the schedule for the summer. There is a strong chance I think for July 13 or July 14 in DC/Baltimore area as long as it does not conflict with Baseball games or other sports events at the stadiums. Plus, they have to be in Cleveland Ohio anyways on July 16 which is just 6 hours west of DC/Baltimore.

If possibility 2 happens, they will probably wait a week or two to announce the DC/Baltimore date. They want to make sure they hit their sales goals in the Philly and Hershey markets, especially Hershey since it is a smaller market. Naturally, they know many DC/Baltimore area fans will decide to go to either Philly or Hershey to insure they see the band this summer, with no DC/Baltimore date to be announced yet.

thanks so much for that.. I was thinking along those lines today. I will hang in there with as much patience as I can muster...:(

Thanks for giving me a one day headstart to the presale, Ticketbastard! :mad:

My mom and I are going to the stadium show with the $50 seats so I'm sure they will appear to be about a millimeter tall. :sigh:
At least they have big jumbotrons and pretty good audio.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

thanks so much for that.. I was thinking along those lines today. I will hang in there with as much patience as I can muster...:(

You might enjoy going to two shows in two different cities though. Of course it will require more money and travel, but with cities so much closer in the northeast, you can probably drive home without having to stay the night.

I had to get the $90 tickets since the $50 ones were sold out or something. I got great seats though. Section 101. :dancing:

This means that I have an extra presale code to give away to someone.
PM me or email me (theedgefanATgmail.com) for it. I guess I'll give it to the first one. :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

July 17th, Palace of Auburn Hills, Section 203, Row 4, baby!!!!!!!!

Hey, it's not bad considering I wasn't the one buying tickets and we weren't willing to give up limbs. :wink:

Good seats. You'll be close and looking right down on them.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

July 17th, Palace of Auburn Hills, Section 203, Row 4, baby!!!!!!!!

Hey, it's not bad considering I wasn't the one buying tickets and we weren't willing to give up limbs. :wink:

I will see you there April! :up: I got tickets today as well. Row 5 upper deck right beside the stage on Andy Summers side. I hope they play Tea In The Sahara and Synchronicity I and II.

<<June 3rd or 4th>>

Option #1 Edmonton #2 if demand is crazy
Option #2 SLC
Option #3 Calgary arena
Option #4 Portland

Or Arena shows in November for these markets.

It was brought up in the "Peel....bills" forum that stadium Edmonton and Toronto #3 went onsale today and still had some unsold tickets by the end of the day.

I just rechecked Toronto and to me it looks like only a couple hundred seats in the balcony behind the stage and some spare seats in the higher price ranges.

Edmonton fans likely bought about 25-30,000 tickets today. Still some OK 225s, but the 60/90 are only available at the far end of the stadium about row 30. As of now it doesn't look like the balcony was opened, whcih should bring capacity to upwards of 45-50,000.

I thought Edm was going to sell clean because the fans in the city obviously aren't saving their money for Oilers playoff tickets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last non-festival Stadium concert in Alberta was Popmart and Bridges to Babylon. Bigger Bang played Stadiums in Vancouver and Regina with an Arena in Calgary.

u2fp

A Vancouver rehearsal setlist has surfaced on thepolicetour.com

I can't read the last one listed because part of the song title is blocked by a jiffy marker.

if the European leg will not tak ethem to Belfast or Dublin I might have to investigate a trip back to The Netherlands :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom